Poll: Most Fun Lock Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    None, I still playing warlock because others classes are even more boring to play, except Spriest. The only thing I like in Affliction is Reap, in Destro artifact too, in Demo nothing, trash spec.

Demo is fun. however i think they overdid the Imp Summoner thing.

i think we should have a more variety of Demon Attacks. Summon Dreadstalker is an Awesome spell, if it was up to me we would have lots of these, where you Summon a Demon and he do some stuff and vanishes back to the nether after that.

one thing i never understood in MMOs is why they make Pets as a separated being. To me every pet should work like Samurai Showdown pets.

Thal'kiel itself is a pretty awesome pet, hes just floating around and it animated with his special attack, without being a separated entity from yourself. but oh well, i guess it would be too hard to do these stuff.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Affliction all the way for me. I perceive warlocks that way in general. Destruction feels a little too mage-like, though the gameplay was OKish in the past, and still is decent, albeit not without quirks. Demonology is a mess I do not even want to poke with a long stick right now.
    Basically, it is all about perception of the class for me. Affliction feels right at home for a warlock. Destruction is kind of too mage-aspiring for my tastes. Demonology is something I used only for leveling waaaaay back. If I would feel like playing a strictly pet dependent character again, I would switch to a BM hunter.

If you ignore numbers and log performance, the feeling of building up with destro to throw out bigger spells does feel the best, albeit not close to perfect. It's the only spec to give us a visual treat, even though we are well overdue for a graphics scrub up.

I'm usually an Aff player tho; despite this, Aff isn't terribly interesting on a single target. Gets quite fun with more mobs, and is always a blast in outdoor areas.

Demo is goddawfully dull. I feel completely disconnected from my character when I'm playing that. Hell, it always feels like playing a 'hit the shiny' type melee.

Personally my favorite lock spec was the old demo lock in MoP. I could have a huge legion of imps and I still had my meta. I miss meta...

Aside from logs and meters and stuff i have to say i really like Legion Affliction and how it feels for different reasons:

1. Absolute corruption - very nice talent considering you are doing WQs daily.
    2. Sow of seeds - love violet explosions and corruption everywhere, feels good to obliterate huge packs.
    3. Soul Flame - same reason, also love spell effect animation.
    4. UA is a shard spender and it's pretty damn strong, always loved specs where you store your resources and then unleash them, feels good man.
    5. Infernal is a good viable option at last!
    6. Huge survivability, when everyone else dies you have to go jump from the platform.
    7. Curses are back, new Nether ward woooo!

Destruction after revamp is better that it has been in 7.0.(still not on mop/wod level) Still a lot of things missing imo (well that happens when half of your baseline abilities go into talents). Good things:

1. Embers are back and so is mop/wod gameplay(partially)
    2. Chaos bolt hits like a truck again and it feels good. When you cast CB you know somebody is gonna have a bad time.
    3. Channel Demon Fire turned out as a pretty versatile and good looking ability
    4. Lord of Flames - super cool ability, one infernal is cool enough but 4? 4 times cooler. 10 min cd but worth it!
    5. Love destro pvp talents. roots, aoe havoc, aoe mortal strike debuff wut!

Some other thoughts about destruction:
    - Cata cd reduction improved aoe gameplay greatly(spreading immo). Cata - RoF - CDF combo feels very smooth.
    - RoF usability is very limited by other AOE talents (FnB, Cata, even Soul Conduit) (FnB and Cata can replace RoF in many situations, in order to use RoF you need shards, cata and fnb provide large amount of shards)
    - I like the concept of Eradication but gameplay it provides takes away from explosive nature of Destruction. In order to play correctly with Eradication you have to forget about "OK LETS FUCKING GO" feeling when you pop up all your CDs and blast your target with three or more chaos bolts. It's more like it's another dot i have to maintain to do max damage. Chaos bolts feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread if you know what i mean.
    - Specific pets for specs feels weird, I remember a bluepost back from mop beta where blizzard said they feel like players should use any pet they like. I just got a glyph for my succubus but i have to use Imp. I don't mind class fantasy focus on certain pets if it's a new spell though.(Lord of Flames, Summon Fel Lord, Darkglare)
    - Portals - instant cast, charges, nice damage, lego buff, spell effect...yeah it's kinda make sense since it's a scepter that opens portals after all, but i don't feel it belongs in destruction. I hope all that damage will go to chaos bolt someday.
    - Shadowburn. I really miss this spell. Like every time a see a low HP target i be like "Man, if only i had my buddy SHADOWBURN with me. FEELSBADMAN". One of the main reasons i played destro - strong ranged execute. Well too bad it's some joke conflag replacement atm.
    - Kinda not related to Legion Warlocks but i have to say one of my foundest memories of Destro was 5.1 Mannoroths Fury and FnB when you had 500% increased passive radius for your AOE Spells. People weren't using it much aside from saurok boss in ToT and rbgs but i really loved it. RIVERS OF FLAME EVERYWHERE! Also good old beautiful Incinirate animation with long fiery tail(not that small underwhelming fiery patch that we have now), that was glorious. Speaking of which, some npcs on argus are using new Incinirate animation with long fiery tail, who knows maybe it's a new warlock Incinirate animation.
    - Maybe it's just me but i'm kinda tired of blizzard pushing "Fiery demonc fire with a lot of fiery fire" for destruction. How about more 'shadow and flame' theme? Bright yellow red colors for fire mage, dark red flame/fel flame with black/violet smoke for destro, unnatural flame movement for warlock vs natural for mage. "Fluid-alive- tentacle-abyss-like- things" for shadow priest vs sharp "made by spell caster/demon" warlock shadow spells. Anyway thats how I imagine it.

Nothing really to say about demonology, painful EN times, thanks god it's over.(at least i hope so).

Thread looks pretty constructive by the way.
    edits in progress.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-11-15 at 12:39 PM.

I just wish I could play aff with sacrifice.
    Resident BM Asshole

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm less satisfied with my "chosen" class than ever, really. I suppose if I had to rate it I'd say affliction, with demo/destro being mostly even. Reasons vary. Demo is clunky. Good idea, shit execution. I've never been much into destro, so there's bias there.

I don't find any of them to be particularly engaging, but I guess I'd have to go with affliction for my vote. It feels mostly seamless, and less clunky than other specs. It's smooth, just soulless. Pun intended.

Affliction, but really they are all bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction. There's just something pleasurable about explosions and purple pillars of explosions.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

I love destruction, but as a dirty casual I'd love a Havoc rework. Maybe apply it to your focus target, and have it cleave to nearby targets or mark multiple targets in a location (in rain of fire, or something new)

Just my opinion, I don't main lock, might in classic though if I give up on leveling a shaman healer

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    Title says it all. Which spec do you feel that the developers did the best job on rotation-wise?

Which do you find the most fun to play? Feel free to say why.
    I must admit in all my ToS i've NEVER, EVER, seen a demonology lock

Affliction is fun in mythic+ and questing, but mind numbingly boring in on raid encounters and boss fights.
    Affliction is like 10 seconds of fun for every 30 seconds of waiting.

I started to enjoy Demo locks once i figured out a TMW aura for my demon spawns and the right timing for Implosion.
    The problem is more that the default UI is absolute garbage and you can't play Demo without addons, at all.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    I agree with you completely. I never liked affliction much either but you feel forced to play it. I am surprised that demo scored is high as did. The spec is such utter rubbish it is hard to justify giving it any positive.

Legion has been bad for warlocks. Pissed on from start to finish. The only class not to receive any animation updates. When you play a lock you do not even feel that you belong in the game. Standing beside a priest and shaman you feel like such a dweep.

Anyways, sub cancelled. We will see what BFA brings. Will not spend a dime if I see the class if more of the same from legion. Legacy is coming eventually and the good news for locks is the present class designers will not be having anything at all to do with it.
    Because old warlock class design (sb spam for life) was sooooooooooooooooooo engaging!

Demo, although all 3 are worse than previous iterations(especially Demo, but old Demo was so far ahead that it's still top for me)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

My favourite is destruction by far. I tended to like demonology a lot in the past, but now it feels like it requires 1k weak auras to do proper dps. I much prefer the smooth rotation of destro, especially after they made the soul shards work more like embers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbornsham View Post
    I must admit in all my ToS i've NEVER, EVER, seen a demonology lock
    I am trying to make it work because i cant stand the Legion changes to Aff and Destro but suffering for it on the later ToS bosses.
    Every warlock i see join the guild or in pugs is affliction, nothing else just affliction.

I fear it will be worse in Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Destro, though it sucks now compared to MoP.

Aff is boring to me (would rather play Spriest or Boomy for a rot spec). Demo has always been an odd playstyle that didn't feel right.

Aff... I guess.

Pre havok nerf Destro was fun, WoD Destro was real fun. MoP Aff was great fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Because old warlock class design (sb spam for life) was sooooooooooooooooooo engaging!
    No one is talking about Vanilla here.
    There have been numerous playstyles in the past 10 years that were more than spamming shadowbolt.
    Though, I really miss nightfall procs.