Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    I've done it too without the Ring, it is almost impossible compared to the other classes/specs.
    not even Demonology was far harder than Aff or destro

In terms of difficulty I think Demo was a 9 aff was a 6 and destro a 3

Aff you can pet tank p1 you can cheese and skip p2 so if you can move your pet to a rune and interupt the hand you can win...the adds exploding will deal more damage to the chaser than your dots at times.

Deleted
    TBH difficulty is relative to your ilvl, leggos and talents used.

I did the Destro one with 886 ilvl and Magistrike + KJBW. It was hard because of the low ilvl, but the mechanics are fairly easy imo. It cost me a few tries.
    Then did the Demo one with 902 ilvl and the same combo since I didn't have any Demo leggos back then, and despite how buggy that scenario is (runes that explode despite being on them, the valkyries sometimes flying at you without first showing their position or even being casted while Silgryn is on fear...) it was more tactical than hard.

Now, on the other hand, the affliction one is a pain that cost me tons of tries. I've done it on my moonkin, frost mage and mm hunter and by far the affliction version one is the worst hands down, Moonkin one cost me literally 2 tries. I don't have any affliction legendaries (not a big fan of the spec), and my best try started when I got the trinket from the world quest of the dinosaur in Suramar (can't remember its name) as it allow me to sometimes slow Karam. In the end, I managed to do it at 912 ilvl by bugging the event accidentally, I wasn't trying to cheese it (I didn't knew that strat back then), I have no idea what I did, but in the transition to phase 2 he just stopped doing anything at all, he just stood still always looking at me, he didn't even enter the protection bubble or even cast a single hand... so it was easy peazy. I was wondering what the hell was going one, but hey, I got my cool staff. I tried to look in the combat log but found nothing... so... I don't know, maybe one of the bugs of that scenario, like when Karam, or even you, can go through the floor, or the rune not popping despite you standing in for 3 hours...
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2017-10-15 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    not even Demonology was far harder than Aff or destro

In terms of difficulty I think Demo was a 9 aff was a 6 and destro a 3

Aff you can pet tank p1 you can cheese and skip p2 so if you can move your pet to a rune and interupt the hand you can win...the adds exploding will deal more damage to the chaser than your dots at times.
    At my item level (about 925) I found demonology to be extremely easy (warlock is not my main, and don't have any raid gear, and my main spec on this alt is destruction). I already knew the encounter from other classes (mage, rogue, shaman, paladin), and finished it on my first try, without food or flask buff. Granted, I was overgearing the encounter, but only had mediocre legendaries. Destruction took me some tries to get the feeling for CC/interruption timing. With affliction, I only got past P1 when I used Infernal to tank, but this stopped working after some attempts, and I called it a day. I would probably have made more attempts if I had at least Sephuz, but don't have this ring either. :/

After that, running the encounter on my MM hunter, a spec I have not been playing much, was quite easy. CS focus-macro works wonders for kiting, and with good legendaries (bracers+belt), the whole thing was only a matter of getting a lucky rune spawn pattern. It's so stupid that warlock slows don't work like mage or hunter slows. :/
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-11-02 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    At my item level (about 925) I found demonology to be extremely easy (warlock is not my main, and don't have any raid gear, and my main spec on this alt is destruction). I already knew the encounter from other classes (mage, rogue, shaman, paladin), and finished it on my first try, without food or flask buff. Granted, I was overgearing the encounter, but only had mediocre legendaries. Destruction took me some tries to get the feeling for CC/interruption timing. With affliction, I only got past P1 when I used Infernal to tank, but this stopped working after some attempts, and I called it a day. I would probably have made more attempts if I had at least Sephuz, but don't have this ring either. :/

After that, running the encounter on my MM hunter, a spec I have not been playing much, was quite easy. CS focus-macro works wonders for kiting, and with good legendaries (bracers+belt), the whole thing was only a matter of getting a lucky rune spawn pattern. It's so stupid that warlock slows don't work like mage or hunter slows. :/
    I did the demo on day it came out with 875-880 gear so that's maybe why my perception was hard. I also didn't know you can use the npc as body block for valks if you can't make it to gap (most causes to my wipe). Making to the gap while dealing with mechanics i found demonlogy to be most demanding in terms of shit you need to pay attention to. For aff pet tank p1 and you can skip p2 with a correctly timed coil. it trivializes the encounter. Destro to me was by far the easiest.

I did Aff tower few weeks ago, and didnt have sacro to use it. Used my infernal as a tank to screw karam. It took few tries to do but I did manage the interrupts and got my appereance.

It's definitely not mandatory but i believe helps a lot.

Did aff at 898 and it's a tight fight but the fight itself is not hard, the real fight is against the UI and finding proper targeting macros which is imo the big failing in designing this encounter since the windows for kiting and targeting between karam and the hands without losing DPS uptime demand that you use macros that fire an ability at a different target without changing targets.

You can also abuse the frostweave net for extra breathing room. It was a stupid fight.

However, the demo one is actually hard as a fight itself from a mechanical standpoint. Firm management of adds with CC, trying to sneak casts off and burst properly while dodging the valks and standing on the runes. Being forced to run a suboptimal demon in the doomguard since the idiots at Blizzard have failed to give warlock a baseline interrupt.

Someone else had difficulties using the Infernal for tanking in P1 this week? It's seem like it was fixed.

Did it 3 weeks ago with a 923 without the ring on a second try. Pretty simple with so much gear. Did not even use drums or other buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truewarlock View Post
    Someone else had difficulties using the Infernal for tanking in P1 this week? It's seem like it was fixed.
    I just did it on my alt yesterday, you just need to get melee'd at the start and then have your pet attack him immediately after. Worked every time for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Truewarlock View Post
    No, it's always been a bit flakey. The best way to get it to work is to have your infernal on defensive and let yourself get hit iirc. But it can fail, even if you do what you're supposed to. It's also quite easy to overagro the infernal even with his taunts running. Particularly with the higher gear levels.

IMHO they really do not care how people do this, since it's nothing than a cosmetic effect.

Make sure your infernal's threatening presence is turned on. I habitually turn it off for m+ and had to notice it for the p1 bug to work.

Hi
    Does the cheese methods still work in anyway without effigy?

I hit him with deathcoil and he was still taking damage but it was only from the infernal i was no longer able to target him which is where i assume the effigy came into it, i can get him to 10% ish with explosions off the adds but then he just re-purgatories and heals up
    Last edited by Morg; 2017-11-28 at 05:19 AM.

Your not suppose to keep attacking him after you deathcoil. You switch to the caster while your infernal keeps him far away from you since he can still hold aggro due to the death coil trick. you switch to and burn down the caster as much as possible while avoiding the pools and adds, then burst the caster to death when he hits about 25% and the meele guy starts ignoring the infernal and goes after you. when the caster dies, the tank despawns and you win.

I ended up spending the last 10-15 seconds of the fight just burning rush around away from the one shot demons he spawns while my absolute corruption finished off the caster.

With nether crucible you can zerg down the caster easily, even without the trick. My balance druid at ilv903, and alt, one shot the encounter thanks to nether crucible. You just blow things up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Your not suppose to keep attacking him after you deathcoil. You switch to the caster while your infernal keeps him far away from you since he can still hold aggro due to the death coil trick. you switch to and burn down the caster as much as possible while avoiding the pools and adds, then burst the caster to death when he hits about 25% and the meele guy starts ignoring the infernal and goes after you. when the caster dies, the tank despawns and you win.

I ended up spending the last 10-15 seconds of the fight just burning rush around away from the one shot demons he spawns while my absolute corruption finished off the caster.
    Sorry for the huge necro on this but THANK you for this!
    Basicly: get out your Infernal, get hit once, taunt with infernal. Then nuke Karam down to 33%, deathcoil him before he finishes bubble and dots + pet will kill him off. Then it's just Raest left with a few of the shadow adds (no hands, no runes, nothing difficult). Totally cheesed it (since I didn't have ring on this alt).