Deleted

Mage Tower AP in Nighthold HC

Hey mates,

what is more worth in case of AP, clearing HC with Mage Tower Bonus up or wait until AK28?

Would be great to know the dropchance in Raids!

Thanks in advance!

I got 1 drop in 5 bosses last night.

7+ Year Old Account
    i got 6 over all 10 bosses, so it seems rather random and the exact numbers are hard to tell right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    I got 1 drop in 5 bosses last night.
    I got 1 in 10. So it isn't huge. AK is 25% right, so I'd guess that is higher.

Its unlikely, but the mage tower might not be back up before the weekly lockout. Obviously if you can doung it with a higher AK is the way to go, but you don't have full control over that. I got licky and got books on 7 bosses, but about 5 to 6 was the norm for the raid. Then we did mythic ToV and I didn't get any so rng is rng.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Its unlikely, but the mage tower might not be back up before the weekly lockout. Obviously if you can doung it with a higher AK is the way to go, but you don't have full control over that. I got licky and got books on 7 bosses, but about 5 to 6 was the norm for the raid. Then we did mythic ToV and I didn't get any so rng is rng.
    5-6 out of 10 seems a lot better than next AK. Next AK was +40k% on PTR, at least what I remember.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also need to remember that it isn't guaranteed the next mage tower will give the same buff. Other possible buffs include chance for more AP on WQs and more reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagtraum View Post
    5-6 out of 10 seems a lot better than next AK. Next AK was +40k% on PTR, at least what I remember.
    So next AK is 31% more AP. Currently heroic NH gives 650k per boss, so 6.5m. Each mage tower item is 520k so 8% of the total. You need 4 on average for the mage tower to be better than the AK. And in my experience 5-6 isn't the norm. It's less than that.

It isn't either or. At least it doesn't have to be. Ak 28 is 170%, 27 is 130%. The mage tower could come back up this week and you could have both. With how long it took to activate the tower it is unlikely though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I got zero tokens from full clear, it's heavy RNG.

I did the math today.

AK 27

Normal = 5.2 million
    Heroic = 6.5 million

AK 28

Normal = 6.8 million
    Heroic = 8.5 million

The Tower AP tokens are ~520k. So a normal clear you need 3 or more, a heroic clear 4 or more. At that point doing the clear during AK 27/Tower buff is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I did the math today.

AK 27

Normal = 5.2 million
    Heroic = 6.5 million

AK 28

Normal = 6.8 million
    Heroic = 8.5 million

The Tower AP tokens are ~520k. So a normal clear you need 3 or more, a heroic clear 4 or more. At that point doing the clear during AK 27/Tower buff is better.
    Thanks for doing the math! Greatly appreciate it.

We did NH HC last night with our guild and i got 2 tomes of 10 bosses. Two guildmates got 1 out of 10, but a whole lot of them got 3-6.
    A few lucky guys got 7 or even 8 out of 10 bosses, so it's really heavy RNG, but overall it was worth it I think. :-)

Thanks for doing the math! Greatly appreciate it.

We did NH HC last night with our guild and i got 2 tomes of 10 bosses. Two guildmates got 1 out of 10, but a whole lot of them got 3-6.
    A few lucky guys got 7 or even 8 out of 10 bosses, so it's really heavy RNG, but overall it was worth it I think. :-)
    The drop rate is Normal nighthold seemed about 20-25% per boss. Personally I only got 2/10. But we had a raid size of 22-25 throughout and I would usually see 5-6 drop for the group per boss.

Got 3 tomes (520k each) from 8/10M yesterday, so, is more or less the same.