Thread: M-Helya 7.2

M-Helya 7.2

Heya,

Just wanted to see if any guilds have done Mythic Helya recently and if it has since been significantly easier since 7.2 hit.

My guild is 5/10M (kro+spell down), aiming to have M-Bot this week, getting Helya for CE is still one of our aims.

Seeing if ppl have any input on Helya's relative difficulty in 7.2 vs M-Star/M-Tich etc.

Thanks for all your input, much appreciated.

-Rev

the hard part about helya in 7.2 is having people to log on and spend raid time on wiping on her.

People kind of think that you should be able to steamroll it, and while you go through the phases quickly, you still need to do specific mechanics in a specific way. We push p1 within 3 orbs sets/2 sets of tentacles, so the DPS requirements are obviously irrelevant. But if you mess up a mechanic, you still wipe.

Good thing about current M helya is, you can basically wing p3. P1 will still take some wipes as you need to get people to understand the dance, and properly execute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Mechanic wise it's just as difficult as it was but you don't have to worry about missing dps checks for the most part. Also, it's just a shorter fight now so less opportunity to fuck up in phase 3.

If you can down the first 6-7 bosses in nighthold, you should be able to do Helya.

Odyn and Guarm are also complete jokes and give good trinkets so you should do this as well while you're in there. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.
    Thanks!
    We, for the most part have Spellblade+Bot dance down, so I guess we should try dancing w/ Helya next!

We did M-Odyn+Guarm the other night with a bunch of pugs, our DPS just steamrolled Guarm's dispel/breath mechanics w/o having to explain it much - ppl died everytime, but we just brute force DPS'd it lol.

Would going w/ 5 healers make the fight easier? (Since DPS checks aren't as big a thing now)

With the recent changes, I would put helya somewhere around mythic star augur. The biggest thing is that even though its been around for a while, you have to treat it as a current fight. If you don't do mechanics you're gonna have a bad time. You'll cut down a lot of progression time if your raid leader is prepared for the fight as well, i'd advise against trying to wing it for phase 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're are also interested in going to Helya (currently 4/10 M).
    Im getting mixed vibes reading these comments
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Helya isn't as hard as star augur .... , no dps requirement 'low/healable' damage if someone fucked up ,we have +600k hp . doing mechanics is mandatory but those arnt hard , not like fel pool on star augur that are much more punitive

Hey Revize, im Kaveribast from Oracle guild, we did Helya mythic last week and took us 53 wipes. Its a loot easier now but i recommend you to get 7/10 NH Mythic first and then do Helya.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9K6ycGBhPkgf4btw Kill logs, if you have any question feel free to ask.
    Our video will be uploded soon too.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswann View Post
    Helya isn't as hard as star augur .... , no dps requirement 'low/healable' damage if someone fucked up ,we have +600k hp . doing mechanics is mandatory but those arnt hard , not like fel pool on star augur that are much more punitive
    As someone in 2 guilds, one killing helya pre-nighthold and one killing it after krosus before the new traits, one with star augur on farm and the other getting him to 15% in 20 wipes, star augur's dps check is as much a joke as helyas, you simply don't get the hard parts of the fight anymore. The hardest part of star augur atm is second fel nova, if you can get through that with everyone alive the fight is pretty much over, just have to not have anyone get feared at that point. The only thing hard about star augur is that trine is an instant wipe, mistakes are unforgiving.

Not saying that helya is bad either, the fights simply less straight forward. The fight is almost a joke if everyone knows how everything works, but if a guild is just now hitting 4/10 i'm unsure that most of the members would know that odd number orbs target ranged and even number orbs target melee, one healer is always picked and that the tank is only picked in phase 1, as an example.

Secondary guild killed Krosus in 53 attempts, Helya in 40, for what its worth.

Did mythic Helya recently. She's a little easier than Star Augur imo, but not by a metric shit ton.

Orbs will still rape your ass.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hey Rev, I'm BeWasted from Prosperitas-Draenor. We went to progress Helya last week (with no previous experience) prior to progressing Star Augur. It took us approximately 28 wipes before the kill. What I can tell you is that it is by far much easier than prior to 7.2, considering that it used to be a tactical fight, but a dps check as well. With people geared for Nighthold, doing the tactics correctly, you can get Helya down easier than you (most likely) got Botanist. Next week (this week) we killed Helya on our 2nd pull (1st was a wipe because one of the people who weren't there before got the orb and killed 4-5 people). So with proper tactic execution, the fight is not that hard in my opinion. All the best!

Sincerely,
    -BeWasted

We did Helya about a month and a half ago when we were 3/10M. It ended up taking us exactly the same number of pulls as Spellblade Aluriel mythic.

Thanks for the feedback! Look forward to killing her soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    As someone in 2 guilds, one killing helya pre-nighthold and one killing it after krosus before the new traits, one with star augur on farm and the other getting him to 15% in 20 wipes, star augur's dps check is as much a joke as helyas, you simply don't get the hard parts of the fight anymore. The hardest part of star augur atm is second fel nova, if you can get through that with everyone alive the fight is pretty much over, just have to not have anyone get feared at that point. The only thing hard about star augur is that trine is an instant wipe, mistakes are unforgiving.

Not saying that helya is bad either, the fights simply less straight forward. The fight is almost a joke if everyone knows how everything works, but if a guild is just now hitting 4/10 i'm unsure that most of the members would know that odd number orbs target ranged and even number orbs target melee, one healer is always picked and that the tank is only picked in phase 1, as an example.

Secondary guild killed Krosus in 53 attempts, Helya in 40, for what its worth.
    What Drish said ^^

It's not hard. Should still take average guilds ~20-30 pulls to kill it nowadays. Can't really zerg it due to P1 mechanics.

Sadly the majority of our members don't want to go back to do mythic TOV

We just went back in tonight (tonight was our farm night tomorrow is progression) and got several warforged and a titanforged item. The thing is the itemization and relic traits are different, so even some of the base items are well worth it.

We did M-Helya last week for the first time. I believe we had a 3% wipe on our 8th pull, and killed it around our 12th pull. It's really easy now, because all the hard parts in P3 don't happen with our DPS now.