Mage Tower vs. waiting for AK

So Mage Tower gets destroyed on EU around midnight tonight, wondering if it's best to do some clearing while it's up or wait for next AK level on Saturday.
    Going by my own tome drop rate last reset its probably best to wait, but from talking to others seems I was v unlucky.
    I did 6 mythic normals (inc Kara) and only got 1 tome.
    Did EN normal/HC and ToV normal/HC and only got another 3 tomes.
    Nighthold normal got another 2 tomes.

I know there's probably very little in it, but what are others doing?

Gotta say I really hate the way AK is every 5 days, means if you try to be efficient in earning AP every few weeks you have to squash all your weekly clears into just a day or 2... it should be tied to resets in someway so you don't have to constantly evaluate to wait in doing content or opening caches etc.

**EDIT
    Meh didn't see someone else asking a similar question lower down on the page, can delete this.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2017-04-06 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    I don't think there's a simple right/wrong answer it depends on what you're trying to achieve, and generally how close you are.

We're progress raiding tonight and the next trait wasn't all that far away, it meant it was worthwhile to get the next level before raid which meant cashing in on some of the knowledgeable procs now even if waiting a few days was a bigger gain overall. It does mean though that there's a bit of time now where having reached the next trait and the one after not being feasible before tonights raid I can take it easy for a few days, leave the best options until the AK comes around and then hit them.

Don't wait, the drop chance on extra AP stupidly low