Thread: Rogue quest OP?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This is my issue, the three win conditions that a (successful) deck in HS currently needs to have is:
    -Overpower your opponent as fast as possible (Aggro; Quest Rogue)
    -Stall the game until the Opponent can no longer keep up (Quest Warrior)
    -Stall the game until you can combo the opponent with certain cards (Quest Mage)

You can build a (More or less) successful deck with every class currently, but at the end of day, they need to have one of the three win conditions to be "top tier"
    Basically what @Mahourai said. Aside from your point about Midrange decks being less represented in this meta I don't really understand the other complaints you have. Decks fall into control, midrange, aggro, combo, and tempo, if you aren't wanting the game to be based on control, aggro, or combo decks, at least as far as "tier 1" decks go then I don't understand what other archetypes you're hoping to see in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Aside from your point about Midrange decks being less represented in this meta I don't really understand the other complaints you have.
    I didn't say i want any of these decktypes gone, they are a part of the game, however if you're trying to build a midrange archetype that you simply have to swallow a horrible winrate against certain archetypes.

Because the current Aggro decks are still extremely fast, you need a lot of anti aggro cards in your deck, because the game is very often at a deciding point at turn 3-5, if you don't draw anti aggro tool in a consistent manner at this point, your winrate against aggro will plummet.

However on the other end, the control matchup, you need to be fast as possible because you need to get some pressure onto control decks else any attempt at board control will be easily dealt with.

Of course, a Midrange Deck has to adapt depending on the matchup, but Taunt Warrior (At least in my view) has taken this into an extreme on the other end.
    If you lack the tempo around turn 4-5, almost any deck that isn't control or combo will have a hard time beating Taunt Warrior.

This is what is dislike, whether i play against control or aggro, i have to the draw the right cards within a rather small window, obviously a good mulligan will always influences your winrate, sometimes you get the lucky draw, sometimes not.

But the window for "fixing" a bad mulligan has gotten smaller on both ends for a midrange deck in my mind because you're extremely reliant in both matchups on a good mulligan.

Obviously some people might not give a shit about this, but to my mind, midrange decks simply strike a decent balance there, it's just so tedious if every single deck either seeks to kill by turn 5 or wants to take you on a 15min+ ride until they can set up their win condition.

Hahahaha

So a polymorph turns into a 5/5 hahahaha

Someone at blizzard must have been desperate about his rogue when they designed the quest...i guess skill and smart gameplay werent the objectives when they designed it.

I go like 50/50 against quest rogue, i dont think its op, especially not if it would work logically. But that shit is flawed from a-z...

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rogue used to be one of my favourite classes -> Jade Rogue was awesome for me. Nowadays, whenever I see a Quest Rogue, I almost always think: Oh, look, another guy trying to reach legend with the most cancerous shit that this meta has.

Quest Rogues are the Pirate Warriors of this expansion. Either you rush them, or you die. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Quest Rogues are the Pirate Warriors of this expansion. Either you rush them, or you die. Argh.
    Well, that is assuming the rogue always gets their bounces from the top of their deck.

I hear about so many games where people face rogues & the rogue gets these amazing early cores activated, then when some of these players try rogue they found out that they heavily rely on good mulligans and that the deck isn't as consistent as others made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Well, that is assuming the rogue always gets their bounces from the top of their deck.

I hear about so many games where people face rogues & the rogue gets these amazing early cores activated, then when some of these players try rogue they found out that they heavily rely on good mulligans and that the deck isn't as consistent as others made it out to be.
    It consistently rapes me every time I play against it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It consistently rapes me every time I play against it.
    Play Dirty Rats. Laugh.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    So i made a quest rogue just to see what the hype was all about. Copied exactly this deck:
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/78829...nd-quest-rogue
    And from my experience the deck is not consistent. You must try it yourself to see what i'm talking about BUT it wins a lot against slow decks.

Reasons:
    You need to mulligan 3 "ruturn to your hand" cards. to make the quest. Your deck has 6 of those cards. This is extreme luck and not consistent.

There are some other lucky ways to make the quest though:
    1) Lucky Mimic Pod
    2) Mulligan 2 copies of the same card
    3) Play Panda and Ferryman multiple times (endless ruturn to your hand cycle)

But if this doesn't happen you need 3 of the 6 total cards of "return to your hand". Don't you think this is extremely difficult?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-04-19 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But if this doesn't happen you need 3 of the 6 total cards of "return to your hand". Don't you think this is extremely difficult?
    Considering how many of the quest rogues whom I see manage to pulling it off by T4, doesn't seem that difficult at all. I can delay them with a dirty rat for maybe 1-2 turns (if I can mulligan into it), though that's a small consolation when the inevitable barrage of 5/5s finally arrives. The only lucky thing in this equation is that I don't see a lot of quest rogues anymore (or quest decks in general, save for maybe warrior), so at least most of my ladder time is enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Considering how many of the quest rogues whom I see manage to pulling it off by T4, doesn't seem that difficult at all. I can delay them with a dirty rat for maybe 1-2 turns (if I can mulligan into it), though that's a small consolation when the inevitable barrage of 5/5s finally arrives. The only lucky thing in this equation is that I don't see a lot of quest rogues anymore (or quest decks in general, save for maybe warrior), so at least most of my ladder time is enjoyable.
    I just checked an idea to improve the win condition of quest rogue.

Add Fire Fly + Igneous Elemental to the deck. Because both of them give the same 1 drop minions. Making it easy to complete the quest.

Maybe this is why the quest is OP. But i never tried this deck, i just came across it just now.
    I think it greatly improves the chance of completing the quest. But i need to test it to say if its OP for sure.
    But the deck i was using before is certainly not overpowered.

EDIT: On the first game i played with the elementals i completed the quest instantly. Ok so this is why the quest is OP. I agree now
    EDIT_2: Second game, same thing, completed the quest instantly because of the elementals. Confirmed. This is OP
    EDIT_3: Third game instant quest complete because of elementals. LoL
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-04-19 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I just checked an idea to improve the win condition of quest rogue.

Add Fire Fly + Igneous Elemental to the deck. Because both of them give the same 1 drop minions. Making it easy to complete the quest.

Maybe this is why the quest is OP. But i never tried this deck, i just came across it just now.
    I think it greatly improves the chance of completing the quest. But i need to test it to say if its OP for sure.
    But the deck i was using before is certainly not overpowered.

EDIT: On the first game i played with the elementals i completed the quest instantly. Ok so this is why the quest is OP. I agree now
    EDIT_2: Second game, same thing, completed the quest instantly because of the elementals. Confirmed. This is OP
    EDIT_3: Third game instant quest complete because of elementals. LoL
    Yea but what decks are you playing against? I am continually stomping quest rogues with my token type druid deck even when they play igneous elemental. It just suffers from lack of board clear and a lot of stuff i play has 1 or 2 attack to you can't kill off the igneous elemental for 2 turns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Yea but what decks are you playing against? I am continually stomping quest rogues with my token type druid deck even when they play igneous elemental. It just suffers from lack of board clear and a lot of stuff i play has 1 or 2 attack to you can't kill off the igneous elemental for 2 turns.
    True i lose to every player with insane tempo decks and early big ass minions. Like once this guy played 2 5 mana 8/8 Hydras on turn 5 and 6 and i was pretty much done. And if someone plays a surprise 10/10 Edwin Vancleef it's "gg surrender" because of lack of board clear.

I was playing at rank 10 in Wild but i started over from the beggining to play Standard with the elemental deck.

But seriously, if someone thought quest rogue was OP, if you try with elementals is even more OP. It's an additional win condition.
    This is the deck i'm playing right now:
    http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/d...quest-rogue-2/
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-04-19 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yyIQnwT.png[/IG]
    Care to explain what that represents?

Care to explain what that represents?
    I imagine it's suppose to be showing how successful they are based on winrates and what not, but it does seem extremely vague.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I imagine it's suppose to be showing how successful they are based on winrates and what not, but it does seem extremely vague.
    Mmm it's hard to rank decks as an absolute. Example: Pirate Warrior is listed at the top, but it gets slaughtered by both Taunt Warrior and Silence Priest, both of which are "ranked" further down. Both of these also are generally unfavoured against Control Paladin, which is further down still.

@icedwarrior showed me this link which seems to be where that guy got his chart.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-d...per-report-44/

The link includes actual analysis of what the chart means.

15+ Year Old Account
    @icedwarrior showed me this link which seems to be where that guy got his chart.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-d...per-report-44/

The link includes actual analysis of what the chart means.
    That's an amazing writeup

"As for Deathrattle Priest, which is focused on the quest; it’s nearly gone from higher levels of play, and we’re seeing a very small amount of N’Zoth focused Priest that don’t even run the quest. We’ll have to wait and see how good these decks can be."

Called it!

Stonetusk Boar is too OP. It needs a nerf. I honestly probably have like a 90% losing rate any time I play an opponent who uses that card.