Thread: Rogue quest OP?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    For all the QQ about Rogue Quest, it's amazing how no one doesn't think some individual cards like Elder Longneck aren't OP as fuck. A 3 cost 5/1 which can easily Adapt to a 5/4 on turn 2 with Coin is retarded. Maybe it's time to nerf Adapt because as a whole, it's a pretty OP mechanic for decks that use it, Murloc Paladin being one of the most prominent along with Quest Druid (which is kinda potato, but good early game can force a concede by turn 5). Quest Rogue got nerfed so that it takes a turn or two later to get Crystal Core out, assuming you get good draw, but it certainly wasn't OP if you got shitty draw.
    It can also just as easily not get the +3 health buff - it's a 1 in 10 chance - and then gets picked off.

It's a glorified Magma Rager, nothing more.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

For all the QQ about Rogue Quest, it's amazing how no one doesn't think some individual cards like Elder Longneck aren't OP as fuck. A 3 cost 5/1 which can easily Adapt to a 5/4 on turn 2 with Coin is retarded. Maybe it's time to nerf Adapt because as a whole, it's a pretty OP mechanic for decks that use it, Murloc Paladin being one of the most prominent along with Quest Druid (which is kinda potato, but good early game can force a concede by turn 5). Quest Rogue got nerfed so that it takes a turn or two later to get Crystal Core out, assuming you get good draw, but it certainly wasn't OP if you got shitty draw.
    Someone calling Elder Longneck OP, this made my day lol.

Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It can also just as easily not get the +3 health buff - it's a 1 in 10 chance - and then gets picked off.

It's a glorified Magma Rager, nothing more.
    If it's a 1 in 10 chance (which I don't buy), how does one get it twice in the same game? That's only a 10% chance to get the ideal adapt buff, but it's less to do with one card and more to do with the Adapt mechanic as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    Someone calling Elder Longneck OP, this made my day lol.
    Good job reading the entire post...nor actually refuting it.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

"it's amazing how no one doesn't think some individual cards like Elder Longneck aren't OP as fuck. A 3 cost 5/1 which can easily Adapt to a 5/4 on turn 2 with Coin is retarded."

That isn't you calling Elder Longneck OP? Though the phrase no one doesn't think is real masterful use of the language. The card is a 3 mana 5/1 with a conditional effect to adapt, and of those adapts half leave you with a card that can be killed by basically any minion. Of the non disastrous adapts the +3 health is the only one that consistently gives you a solid minion in that you get a 4 cost minion with poorly distributed stats.
    Last edited by Dranxadin; 2017-07-13 at 11:19 PM.

it's not even OP really

the meta is filled with pirate warriors and aggro druids that shit on it

afaik the only reason it got nerfed was so they could give rogue new cool cards without the quest hindering their ability to do so
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-07-13 at 11:42 PM.

If it's a 1 in 10 chance (which I don't buy), how does one get it twice in the same game? That's only a 10% chance to get the ideal adapt buff, but it's less to do with one card and more to do with the Adapt mechanic as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job reading the entire post...nor actually refuting it.
    There's a 1 in 10 chance, because there are 10 Adapts...

Though it may not be exactly that due to the nature of three being presented at once, rather than one option. I dunno, I'm bad at statistical maths.

As for "how does it happen twice in a game" - that's how probibilty works, my guy. Something with a 50% vhanve doesn't mean it will happen once then definitely fail the next time.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Omfg I never saw this video until now. Must post before new expansion:

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Omfg I never saw this video until now. Must post before new expansion:

*Snip*
    "We just took pirates and put them into an even more powerful deck" Lol never thought about it exactly like that but it is so true xD

That video is pure gold

I desinchanted my entire quest rogue deck as soon as i saw the nerf
    Also desinchanted the quest hunter because is crap.

Made a pure troll deck out of the dust just to roleplay at lower ranks.

Never looked back xD