Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Isn't this the MMO that is going a sub model on top of already asking for money when it had the money for development?

Ah yeah I remember now it is. And not to mention there's a store for a game not even nearly finished with development.

Instant pass for me. As I said before another one of those mmos but nothing special. Will probably end up with some shady mechanics and P2W elements when they realize that the sub model is not a sustainable one unless you are a big branded name.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-24 at 05:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This game looks like a lot of wasted potential to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    That looks like a recipe for disaster with that many different classes...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    This game looks like a lot of wasted potential to me.
    how so ?

Putting a lot of faith into this game. I'm a backer of worlds on their kickstarter. Alpha 1 comes later this year and I am excited to try it out!
    So far I think the team is up to 75ish people? Up from the 12 they had when they were doing their kickstarter.

I really want to do more Ashes content in the future as far as videos, I'm hoping there won't be an NDA on the Alpha 1.
    Did a 5 minute video covering what Ashes of Creation is and some footage of various features in-game that's been well received if you guys are interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's going to be Pay 2 Play? I wonder how long that will last...
    To be honest they may have changed their minds on it but I'm not sure.

I just don't think any game that was funded through Kickstarter should use a sub model. It just lacks major brand recognition among other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest they may have changed their minds on it but I'm not sure.

I just don't think any game that was funded through Kickstarter should use a sub model. It just lacks major brand recognition among other things.
    I'd worry more about how the game plays then a sub model. I don't think having a sub is inheretly bad but I know it's kinda out of style. My theory on that has no evidence tho
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

https://youtu.be/gPgmna33pb4

First pass of the action combat and I must say that it looks very fun for a first pass alpha.

Alpha 1 starts next month (2 months ahead of schedule)

So far shaping up pretty well.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Looks shockingly similar to Neverwinter, wonder if any devs left there to make this.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Looks shockingly similar to Neverwinter, wonder if any devs left there to make this.
    Hm, I don't really see much of a similarity, if anything it reminded me more of Warframe, but fair enough.
    Based on their site none of the team worked on Neverwinter, that or they just didn't post it.
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Pleasantly surprised at the improvements, was beginning to doubt this project would amount to anything more than a cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post

First pass of the action combat and I must say that it looks very fun for a first pass alpha.

Runnign animations need to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Runnign animations need to be better.
    Likely still not final at all, As of June spell animations, combat, running animations, and pretty much everything revolving around the PC was placeholder, they just started working on them a few months ago so as far as first passes go, I think it's impressive. According to Intrepid they want to have the PC done within 6-7 months. Which will probably be when the game goes into it's 2nd alpha phase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Pleasantly surprised at the improvements, was beginning to doubt this project would amount to anything more than a cash grab.
    I never thought it would be a cash grab but I didn't really have high hopes for the game either considering they had like 30 people for most of 2017. Now they are at 100+
    Diablo Bore.

Looks really floaty and unreadable, like what I've seen in TESO videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Looks really floaty and unreadable, like what I've seen in TESO videos.
    Will have to see what it amounts to, it has been in the works for only a few months and what was there before is completely different, it is definitely floaty but as for the very first pass, I am impressed.
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    I never thought it would be a cash grab but I didn't really have high hopes for the game either considering they had like 30 people for most of 2017. Now they are at 100+
    Funded by kickstarter, buy to play, subscription, microtransaction shop, supporters packs AND buy to play alpha, so many monetization methods. Couple that with all the wild promises they have made regarding the game screamed cash grab to me to be honest.

I am still skeptical of how it will pan out but yeah pleasantly surprised.

Funded by kickstarter, buy to play, subscription, microtransaction shop, supporters packs AND buy to play alpha, so many monetization methods. Couple that with all the wild promises they have made regarding the game screamed cash grab to me to be honest.

I am still skeptical of how it will pan out but yeah pleasantly surprised.
    Most alphas are closed completely anyway, so I don't have issue with them allowing people to buy access

Kickstarted was for guaging interest as well as additional monetization, Steven on top of other investors had already put 30+ million into the game, so it isn't reliant on just KS money, it is not buy to play, you only need to subscribe. Microtransactions are annoying, I agree.
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Most alphas are closed completely anyway, so I don't have issue with them allowing people to buy access

Kickstarted was for guaging interest as well as additional monetization, Steven on top of other investors had already put 30+ million into the game, so it isn't reliant on just KS money, it is not buy to play, you only need to subscribe. Microtransactions are annoying, I agree.
    You might want to go re read about it, he has not put 30 million into the game, they stated they needed about 30 million to complete the game.

You might want to go re read about it, he has not put 30 million into the game, they stated they needed about 30 million to complete the game.
    Indeed, it's been a misconception from the start.

To be clear, he didn’t actually answer how much money he’d put in so far. He said it would take $30M to complete and implied that he was the only “investor” to date, not that he’d put in $30M himself. He’s said he has more investors waiting in the wings.
    https://massivelyop.com/2017/05/04/a...-goal-and-pvp/