Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I hope that they pull it off and it works. I was just commenting on past experiences. Also too much dynamic is as bad as just static too.

I mean if the players take a couple of weeks to build something then someone can come along and knock it down in 10 minutes that's not really good and fun.
    Node sieges require a lot of coordination and are very difficult to actually succeed in. Especially if it is a metropolis, than a Siege will need to be a mass effort, and if one Node falls another one will rise faster unlocking more unique content to that other zone.

It can be obnoxious I am sure but that is why they want the node system to be so varied, a Divine metropolis may fall but a scientific node in another zone may rise.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you play as a Dwarf though? Only selling point for me lol :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    "Open World" "MMORPG" oooff.. tough and tall order sadly, wish best for the devs but the market is just too bloated atm with those two genres.
    Pretty much, there is something like 300 or so MMO's out there now so quite surprised with what seems to be a constant stream of this game type getting released over the last few years..

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Can you play as a Dwarf though? Only selling point for me lol :P
    Yes! Dwarf is my favorite race so when I first checked this game out that was one of the first things I checked.

AoC will have 9 races with 8 of them basically being the same but with sub races fore them. So there are two types of Dwarves, the mountain king Thorin Oakenshield KING UNDAH DAH MOUNTAIN kinda dude, and hippie dwarves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Pretty much, there is something like 300 or so MMO's out there now so quite surprised with what seems to be a constant stream of this game type getting released over the last few years..
    Genre bloat is indeed worrying, sometimes I wish a lot of these dead 10 year old mmorpgs would just vanish to give the genre some life, but really there are only 4 big bois on the market and a lot of the mmorpg community wants something new. Will AoC offer something good enough for that? Who knows but I hope so. Pantheon is years and years away if at all coming out and Crowfall isn't for me at all.
    Diablo Bore.

The latest gameplay trailer looks pretty amazing. This game is coming along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The latest gameplay trailer looks pretty amazing. This game is coming along nicely.
    Yeah it looks good so far, looking forward to see it improved and worked on.
    Diablo Bore.

is this game still under development or did it get shut down? not heard anything about it in like a year or so and last time it looked like they completely focused in on their battle royale while claiming it's just for testing
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-09-01 at 04:34 PM.

As far as I can tell from the facebook posts, they are still developing it. Sadly, they had another battle royale test about a week or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    As far as I can tell from the facebook posts, they are still developing it. Sadly, they had another battle royale test about a week or so ago.
    Crazy seeing this popup and reading my older comments about it. I have since lost nearly all my faith in this project as they continuously show no sign of progress.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Crazy seeing this popup and reading my older comments about it. I have since lost nearly all my faith in this project as they continuously show no sign of progress.
    Aww too bad, was pretty hyped about this one after their huge kickstarter, sounded like they had some really great ideas for open world sandbox type of MMO with both pve and pvp

I did watch their development update stream 2 days ago and its all talk talk with zero substance, 90% of it is spent talking about their battle royale, adding things like squad mode etc, nothing at all related to the MMORPG it seems
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-09-02 at 11:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another game turned to shit from the Battle Royale craze. Why you would develop one this late in the game is beyond me, but I guess they see more quick money in that field compared to MMOs with Classic WoW released.
    BAD WOLF

They are really getting complacent after a good start. What a shame.

Some higher-ups probably thought it would be a good idea to jump on the battle royale bandwagon and they use the excuse that its all for testing while spending so much time developing it and the first alpha stage of the actual MMO is delayed by well over a year at this point. About one year ago they even paid a bunch of streamers/youtubers to play their battle royale mode, so it is very clear they tried to make it a thing.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-09-03 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Lol what? That sounds ridiculous, god I hate the lazy game mode that is BR so much.

This game is still going? I don't know hyped who is hyped by this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Lol what? That sounds ridiculous, god I hate the lazy game mode that is BR so much.
    I completely agree. I got this email back on the 20th:
    Glorious Ashes Community!

In case you missed it, we announced that we’re partnering up with Steam and reopening the Divine Gateways for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT for all registered users. Everything you need to know about the play test can be found in our article that includes Known Issues, Patch Notes, and FAQs.
    "Ashes of Creation Apocalypse" is their BR thing. Sad they only have that for any sort of testing. It's been nearly 3 years since I got their first email newsletter (January 2017). I was super hyped about this game, as it had basically everything I've ever wanted in an MMORPG. My hype has greatly diminished, and I am starting to not give a shit, as it feels to me they would rather hop on the BR bandwagon. Honestly glad I didn't do their kickstarter, now. Just like with Pathfinder Online (the game based off the D&D spinoff Pathfinder), I really wanted to back them in their kickstarter, but that game basically doesn't exist now, and all those people are out all that money.

Making an MMO is hard work for little gain. Better try and make a low effort BR for little gain instead.

lol
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

seems to be quite a copy of lineage 2, people moving everywhere so I suppose it's a pvp gameplay video, castle siege and all...

hard pass on "nothing to see, just pvp forever and ever...."

Isn't the BR mode still being used for testing? I thought that's why they created it, it gave them a test-bed for a lot of stuff while they were still working on getting the game world into a proper state for broader alpha/beta testing, no?

Because from what I've seen it doesn't seem like they're pivoting to a BR title, it's just easy for them to whip up a quick and dirty version to get a lot of live-testing done on various systems and get feedback on how things play.

Mind you, I'm still pretty skeptical given the guy in charge and some of his questionable history, but he did staff up the studio with legit developers (tons of ex-SoE folks) and it does seem like they're making progress. It's just slow, which unfortunately is pretty common for all crowdfunded MMO's (Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Isn't the BR mode still being used for testing? I thought that's why they created it, it gave them a test-bed for a lot of stuff while they were still working on getting the game world into a proper state for broader alpha/beta testing, no?

Because from what I've seen it doesn't seem like they're pivoting to a BR title, it's just easy for them to whip up a quick and dirty version to get a lot of live-testing done on various systems and get feedback on how things play.

Mind you, I'm still pretty skeptical given the guy in charge and some of his questionable history, but he did staff up the studio with legit developers (tons of ex-SoE folks) and it does seem like they're making progress. It's just slow, which unfortunately is pretty common for all crowdfunded MMO's (Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen etc.)
    Well yes the BR mode is used for testing is what they say, last year they paid a lot of twitch streamers to play the BR mode as well and the alpha 1 for the actual MMO is delayed over a year and in all their latest development streams they spend maybe 10 minutes talking about it and 50 minutes talking about the BR mode like adding Squad mode and other popular stuff from other BRs, just seems like they spend a lot of time developing the actual BR mode more than just using it for testing at this point and they have Confirmed Ashes of Creation : Apocalypse (BR) will be released as a separate version on Steam as well

when the BR hype really got big some leads at the company maybe thought it would be a good idea to jump on the BR bandwagon, but I'm sure the MMO is still being developed as well, just very slow as you said. The BR mode even has its own cash shop and battle pass that you can buy.

Once we have successfully vetted our back-end changes with Apocalypse during August and September, we will have better insight for future dates involving Siege Mode, Horde Mode, and the highly anticipated MMORPG’s Alpha One.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190821...pse_Open_Beta/

here is an archive from their deleted steam page after last open beta for the apocalypse (BR), which they removed after it got completely slammed with negative reviews
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-09-04 at 06:42 PM.