Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There are plenty of people, that for some inexplicable reason, dream about "the good old days", of games that require absolute no-lifing and where you can only reasonably advance if you have an attention hungry stream at your beck and call. The sad part, most of those are not streamers themselves and don't make money off playing games either.
    Depends what no life means, Having a lot of time to play a MMO is fine just depends. If people are expecting to be playing it past midnight...I stopped doing that 5 years ago.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSharif View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in. I see a lot of misinformation and while I think skepticism is always healthy, Outright lying does a disservice to the hard work my team and I are trying to put into making an mmorpg that will make our genre proud.

There are a lot of industry veteran developers working on Ashes. Tirelessly and it can be pretty hurtful to read the “scam” BS that people spew. I have said in the past, and will say again. Do not preorder the game if you are skeptical. There is no box cost on release, no p2w items in the preorders... so you are missing out on nothing if you just sit back and watch us deliver this mmo.

Open development is a double edged sword. On one hand players have to give the devs patience as we finish features and content. And on the other hand you get to see stuff early in its unfinished forms in order to be part of the conversation. To give feedback and ur thoughts etc.

Just don’t let skepticism turn into cynicism, or even worse, cynicism turn into outright lying.

We have a lot of philosophies and practices of how the game industry needs to change to respect the players more. If you like those ideas then consider using ur voice (not ur wallet) to support our ideas and efforts in making Ashes.

Anyways. Just my thoughts ❤️
    The hard work you're trying to put into?

So you aren't actually putting hard work in, just trying to?

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    The hard work you're trying to put into?

So you aren't actually putting hard work in, just trying to?
    If we can even believe this poster is who they claiming they are, which I am doubting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If we can even believe this poster is who they claiming they are, which I am doubting.
    I don't know seems to have the same attitude as sharif and also the habit of calling any interpretation he doesn't agree with an "outright lie".

I mean it's entirely possible even if its not probable.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The entire gaming industry that called it vaporware for a while now, and is completely trashing them for their "roadmap for the roadmap" post they just made. Perhaps it was just bad wording on their part and they really just mean "we need to take a second look as our roadmap because we're not hitting targets". But, and of course this is if I was a backer that had interest in the project, if there is *THAT* much left on your roadmap, 10 years after development, there's another red flag imo. How many people are on this development team exactly? On one hand there can't be many - but on the other there has to be a lot since they have to keep cash grabbin'? Hell, if they paid 50 developers, $150000/year, for the past 10 years, that's $150 Million only. Where is all this money going? Why do they keep needing to cash grab?

Even if I did think the game should be released by now, a fucking ALPHA should surely be? Hell, they are something like 6 years beyond what their expected release date was. They are further behind in their expected release than their entire development time was expected to be. Either way, their original timeline was extremely lofty but enough with that jab.

After 10 years of development, you have to agree at least an ALPHA should be playable? And even at that, from the videos I've seen dabbling around a hanger, showing ship flight, etc, it would be way more than an alpha that people would expect from an alpha release.

That's the thing though, keeping in mind I fully admit I haven't followed or watched all of their sizzle reels, the ones I have watched thought ~10-30 second snippets of something spliced together to seem like a lot of progress is being made and not an extended "let me show you the full size of this hanger" or "let's fly from here to there" and that is concerning from an outsider perspective.

All I'm trying to say is that 10 YEARS after development started there should be a LOT more to show than what I've seen. Perhaps I'm confusing this game with another crowd-funded game - one where they kept releasing cash grab items while in development to try to keep funds coming in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, it looked pretty friggin nice on one of the videos I seen last night.

What 10 years after development? Are we in 2026 and I just missed it ?

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSharif View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in. I see a lot of misinformation and while I think skepticism is always healthy, Outright lying does a disservice to the hard work my team and I are trying to put into making an mmorpg that will make our genre proud.

There are a lot of industry veteran developers working on Ashes. Tirelessly and it can be pretty hurtful to read the “scam” BS that people spew. I have said in the past, and will say again. Do not preorder the game if you are skeptical. There is no box cost on release, no p2w items in the preorders... so you are missing out on nothing if you just sit back and watch us deliver this mmo.

Open development is a double edged sword. On one hand players have to give the devs patience as we finish features and content. And on the other hand you get to see stuff early in its unfinished forms in order to be part of the conversation. To give feedback and ur thoughts etc.

Just don’t let skepticism turn into cynicism, or even worse, cynicism turn into outright lying.

We have a lot of philosophies and practices of how the game industry needs to change to respect the players more. If you like those ideas then consider using ur voice (not ur wallet) to support our ideas and efforts in making Ashes.

Anyways. Just my thoughts ❤️
    Hey Steven,

I've followed your game dev for ~2 years now and I like the ideas and vision you have, but the execution is of course always the hard part. Ultimately, I ask that you change the industry first and foremost by taking care of your employees, because if they are taken care of, then your players will be taken care of them by. Blizzard has always been synonymous with quality, until they started to try and min/max stock values under the Activision umbrella. They gutted their customer support team and I never had an issue with their support until I recently contacted them. First time in 14 years of playing WoW feeling as though my issue was not taken care of, and the first time I've contacted them since the mass lay off.

And as you started to hear their employees complain about work place issues the quality of the game has decreased. I do not think its coincidental there is a correlation there.

These guys go into the game dev industry because it is something they are passionate about only to quickly feel as though they are doing a 9 to 5 grind and they just clock in looking to go home.

I think if you can be different and a leader in this area you will find your game become a leader in other areas of the MMO genre as well. Hopefully you are able to bring a new era to this genre, it has felt stagnant for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    What 10 years after development? Are we in 2026 and I just missed it ?
    The guy is confusing this for Star Citizen, apparently.....

looks like old school games but with a better graphics.

I so cant wait to play this game.
    I think it can possibly be MY big MMO to play.
    Sounds good on paper, lets see how it goes

This game actually feels intimidating to me, in all its complexities... o.o

I really hope the game takes proper care of easing you into all these systems.

Every time they give us something more to look at the more I think this is a long way from release. The devs seem to really be passionate and their happiness onstream is addicting .

My only feeling is I need to see more gameplay, mechanics, UI, and more. And I am sure they'll get to that eventually.

I need a new MMO in my life and I hope this is it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I so cant wait to play this game.
    I think it can possibly be MY big MMO to play.
    Sounds good on paper, lets see how it goes
    It sounds good, but I fear that it will just be too "inconvenient". The getting from a to b, hugely important events at random times etc.

I'm totally psyched for this game. Looking forwards to Alpha.

Oh yea, I was in an alpha for this game. It's alright. Still too early and most of it is obviously unfinished. Felt a little ESO to me.

Ashes of Creation - What are you expecting to see from the class archetypes?

There's a lot that we don't yet know in regards to Ashes of Creation, we've had a varied amount of information about each of the primary class archetypes with some classes being covered in a fair amount of detail, whereas others (such as the summoner) haven't really been spoken about so much. This thread is fairly speculative, but I imagine the majority of us here have played enough MMO's to form our own ideas in regards to the below class archetypes based on their names from what we've seen so far from existing MMORPG's.

With this being said, which of the below class archetypes below sound the most appealing to you, and what are you expecting to see from the archetypes?

Personally, I'm looking forwards to playing an Oracle as it sounds like it could be similar to WoW's Discipline Priest.

If I had to choose a DPS archetype I would probably go for the Spellsword as I'd expect high DPS output from the Fighter class, and I think some CC / DoT effects might be available with the Spellsword archetype.

You do know there's a thread for this game already right? It's even still on the first page. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You do know there's a thread for this game already right? It's even still on the first page. O_o
    I was just curious as to what everyone's thoughts were as it's a fairly broad subject. Ah well.

Is there only allowed to be one thread per game now?
    Last edited by FilthyRich247; 2020-10-06 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRich247 View Post
    There's a lot that we don't yet know in regards to Ashes of Creation, we've had a varied amount of information about each of the primary class archetypes with some classes being covered in a fair amount of detail, whereas others (such as the summoner) haven't really been spoken about so much. This thread is fairly speculative, but I imagine the majority of us here have played enough MMO's to form our own ideas in regards to the below class archetypes based on their names from what we've seen so far from existing MMORPG's.

With this being said, which of the below class archetypes below sound the most appealing to you, and what are you expecting to see from the archetypes?

Personally, I'm looking forwards to playing an Oracle as it sounds like it could be similar to WoW's Discipline Priest.

If I had to choose a DPS archetype I would probably go for the Spellsword as I'd expect high DPS output from the Fighter class, and I think some CC / DoT effects might be available with the Spellsword archetype.
    I'm going to have to wait and see what the game play and party role is for each one of these, and what the differences are between the two different combinations (ie Ranger/Rogue vs Rogue/Ranger). I generally prefer casters because I like having ranged attacks, but if there's a melee centric class with an instant ranged attack that can be used to pull or engage, without having to face pull I might try that.

I've played enough MMO's and games in general to not get a preconceived idea of what classes are or how they play, because the expectations have been turned on their head so many times.

With that said, if they design a class archetype to actually be a stealthy, sneaky, ranged thief, whether that be a physical weapon like a bow or a spell wielder, I'm all over that.

I'm interested in some aspects of this game. Something small for starters the Otter mount. <3

Something larger would be the world building. I haven't looked too much into this game, but I swear I seen something about players being able to contribute to world building. I'm not sure how well it will work on a grand scale instead of minimal like The Churning Mists in FF14. (Moogle dailies) Or WoW in Suramar with the tree. Like I really love that. From my understanding they want to make it so all players can see/interact with the structure. It reminds me of WvW in GW2 a bit, resources (little dolyaks) and building infrastructures. I think WvW was the most fun thing about GW2. For me.

So in some ways I am interested in this game. I do tend to skip a lot of mmo's that release even though it probably doesn't seem like it. I know I was half interested in Black desert just due to the in-depth customization yet I never bothered to try it out because I heard bad things about the gameplay.

Ashes is really trying to win people hearts and... they won me when they said UI is going to really customizable.
    I fucking hate health/mana bar in top left corner and will not play any mmo game that cannot move that near center of screen.

As long as it has fairly difficult pve encounters like dungeons and raids that cannot be done first day of release with randoms in group finder then I will definitely try it.

My biggest problem with wow is group size so I also hope we can get ~10 man raids. 20 is too-fucking-much.

Ultimately what I am looking for is fun. However when something is too easy, it's not fun.

So we will see how it goes. It does have potential to bite sizable portion of mmo players.