Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've been watching a lot of videos/streams from alpha... and i lost most of my interest of this game.
    I dunno... it does not look good and interesting to me honestly.

Another PvP game. Forced pvp is quite disgusting and inconsiderate to be honest. PVE players will leave this as soon as the ich is over. This will flop sooner than they think.

Why somuch hype about ashes of creation?

I don't get it, why is this game so good and everyone talks about it? It looks like a generic fantasy mmo to me similar to ESO. I saw a scene with a siege on youtube and it looked cool but overall I don't understand what systems it has that will drive it to the top.

What is so attractive about this game besides the graphics?

Brewmaster
    It has no publisher is one element to me. It’s made with a passionate leader, doesn’t seem to be a money grab and seems to be listening to feedback. In the age we live in, with the games we have got, and the way the ones we still have are being updated, it’s refreshing.

People want the mmo systems that WoW and many other mmo's have abandoned.

Its an MMO. That alone will make the MMO community hype it up into the stratosphere because they are that hungry for the experience they had in their first MMO, not realizing that feeling will never come back.

So every MMO gets hyped up and inevitably falls flat.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It is sandbox PvP MMO, a genre that has no active games on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is sandbox PvP MMO, a genre that has no active games on it right now.
    Except for Albion Online and New World. And those are proving, once again, that people say they want a pvp sandbox, but then demand a way to play safe pve anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    doesn’t seem to be a money grab
    Neither was Blizzard in the beginning

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Sandbox mmo with a lot of features some people think have become lost in the market.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Except for Albion Online and New World. And those are proving, once again, that people say they want a pvp sandbox, but then demand a way to play safe pve anyway.
    New World isn't out yet and Albion uses ARPG perspective instead of normal 3rd person camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Well it took them long way to get as horrible as they are now.

Ashes could have few good years before it falls into predatoey money grabbing, though given the usual timeframe of Come-and-Bust MMO releases, more likely timeframe is few months.

Never understood the hype for sandbox games. It just feels like lack of content turned into a feature

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Except it was, they might claim it wasnt for the money but only took them like around 2 years to sell the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Never understood the hype for sandbox games. It just feels like lack of content turned into a feature
    The appeal is the player influence on the world state. It obviously comes with upsides and downsides, since we obviously don't have brilliant AIs that can automatically write procedural stories and implement them.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

they have a pretty heavy social media presence. that probably helps.
    i mean Steven's even posted on this site a couple of times.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Everything except the scenery looks pretty bad to me. Influencing world state seems to be quite limited and combat is very generic.

It's a sandbox MMO that the developers are promising the moon. Time will tell if they can deliver on all their promises but if they are able to, it could be a pretty impressive game. Something tells me it will just be another Star Citizen or No Man's Sky however.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I don't get it, why is this game so good and everyone talks about it? It looks like a generic fantasy mmo to me similar to ESO. I saw a scene with a siege on youtube and it looked cool but overall I don't understand what systems it has that will drive it to the top.

What is so attractive about this game besides the graphics?
    I think it's partly because a lot of people hope that it's going to be the game of their dreams, somehow recreate the experience they had with World of Warcraft in the beginning. Making them want to invest a lot of time in it without feeling like doing chores or having to engage in endless grind

Also Ashes of creation devs communicate a lot about the game since the developpement started, there are a lot of videos on youtube showing content and dev discussions about, not the mention the huge amount of newsletters they send with developpment updates and putting the emphasis on how they value community's feedbacks - which is a good thing but it doesn't reflect the final game - so basically they spend time and effort building a community.

a community of hopes and expectations while WoW and Final Fantasy had a community conviced of the quality of the previous games and were already engaged in the story/lore. Neither Ashes or New World has that and so far that aspect of both games seem pretty bland and generic

It seems to be made by a group of people who are passionate about what they're doing, know a lot about how to do it, are really keen on actually executing their vision, aren't bound by some publisher breathing down their neck to release something before it's done and it honestly just looks interesting.

I'm not sure there's a lot of hype, as you say, but I know many people are looking forward to seeing it finally release to see if it actually lives up to what the creators say it will.

That and...it's another MMO to add to the pile, where many of them are shit or so shallow as to not be even worth the time. I know I'm just hoping for a new, fun, not shit MMO to play instead of (or alongside) the ones I've been playing to death the last 10+ years.

The advertising they've done is actually brilliant. Their guy in charge called Steven is showing a lot of passion towards the product and is willing to talk about it with literally everyone. He even visited this board at some point. They also got Asmongold interested who he has several interviews with and hypes up the game for his audience, he seemingly enjoys the game a lot aswell. It just shows that when people talk positively about the game the hype will build up itself rather than shoving advertisements down your throat.

I don't really follow the game all that much but from I've seen from streamers, their very early alpha looks like it already has a lot of work done. A lot of extra polish needs to be done and they don't need to feel pressured because they don't have a major publisher who keeps giving them short release dates. They even didn't mind delaying the game around the time TBCC came out because they didn't want to compete with the game.

I'm not expecting all these promises that the game will have all these awesome sounding stuff (like MASSIVE PvP battles) or that the game will end up good, but so far the development for it seems very promosing to see a possible high quality game made for people who love MMORPG's. Fans making a game for other fans like the original WoW devs used to do.