Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Is the new expansion worth the money? I've heard mix reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballbuster View Post
    Its more Midrange but there are not so many decks atm, pirat warrior is still stronge and quest rogue can easy kill you on turn 5/6, purify priest can be broken/boring on good draw but most quests are useless.

Cheap hunter, mage and lock decks are also very present.
    Healadin with all legs and murloc pala is also very playable.

Atm i test the new golem rogue with all 3 class legs and a good mimic pod can be realy op.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    I'm confused on how its so expensive? Most of the top decks only require 1-2 legendaries, if any. Most quests aren't worth crafting. There isn't a must have OP deck like patron warrior. I spent $100, got 3 legendaries (only one of which was useful) and was still able to craft 4 viable decks right off the bat. OTK priest and midrange Hunter carry me fine on my F2P account. The amount of variety in this xpac makes it really easy to craft a deck that will do fine on the ladder. Am I missing something bc it seems like people are bitching on all forums about it?
    Because you spent $100 on a card game and are confused on how it's so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Because you spent $100 on a card game and are confused on how it's so expensive?
    Ah gotcha expensive is a relative term. Compared to other card games such as Magic it's not that expensive, but $100 is too expensive for any card game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Ah gotcha expensive is a relative term. Compared to other card games such as Magic it's not that expensive, but $100 is too expensive for any card game for you.
    But one main difference between Hearthstone and Magic, is if you buy Magic cards, you physically own them. If MTG decides to shut down, you can still play. If Blizzard decides to end Hearthstone tomorrow, you're out everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballbuster View Post
    absolutely not. the game is terrible right now unless you're willing to sink $400 per expansion, or $1200 a year.

Only 2 of the quests are decent. The rest are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    absolutely not. the game is terrible right now unless you're willing to sink $400 per expansion, or $1200 a year.
    You don't have to spend real money on the expansions and still be competitive. As a f2p player you can save over 4k gold in between each expansion, and then have enough dust to craft any 1-2 legendaries of your choice due to dusting duplicates. Problem solved and $1200 saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    But one main difference between Hearthstone and Magic, is if you buy Magic cards, you physically own them. If MTG decides to shut down, you can still play. If Blizzard decides to end Hearthstone tomorrow, you're out everything.
    I think that's a sticking point for a lot of people that is perfectly understandable. In 50 years theoretically some magic cards will be going for huge sums of money and you can still play it. Any money sunk into any digital game is only paying for the ability to play the game. People who have spent $1000s of dollars on star citizen backing know that the game will eventually go to maintenance mode and so they are paying for a finite amount of playing time.

So then it comes down to how much is playing hearthstone worth to you personally? If $100-150 is fine for 4 months of competitive play (or less money if you save the gold for quests) then the game is fine. Seeing people post numbers like $400 and saying the game is too expensive is basing an opinion on the false notion that you have to spend that much to play competitively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    You don't have to spend real money on the expansions and still be competitive. As a f2p player you can save over 4k gold in between each expansion, and then have enough dust to craft any 1-2 legendaries of your choice due to dusting duplicates. Problem solved and $1200 saved.
    FTFY

you're trying to compare having 1 or 2 interesting decks to having the full collection. completely different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    FTFY

you're trying to compare having 1 or 2 interesting decks to having the full collection. completely different game.
    I don't think most people in this thread are trying to be completionists and obtain the full Un'Goro collection. If we are talking about f2p players that makes even less sense for them to worry about how expensive the new expansion is because they are not trying to get the full collection. Having the top 1-2 best decks in each new meta does not require having all of the cards.

As far as I can see my point still stands that you can save yourself from a financial headache by only spending gold and still remain competitive, regardless of how expensive the game may or may not be for those who pay with cash.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-05-02 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I don't think most people in this thread are trying to be completionists and obtain the full Un'Goro collection. If we are also talking about f2p players that makes even less sense for them to worry about how expensive the new expansion is because they are not trying to get the full collection. Having the top 1-2 best decks in each new meta does not require having all of the cards.

As far as I can see my point still stands that you can save yourself from a financial headache by only spending gold and still remain competitive, regardless of how expensive the game may or may not be for those who pay with cash.
    if you're saying you don't need to spend any money to reach legend then i wouldn't argue, but there's so much more to the game than ranked ladder. free players are missing out on a lot. and with the removal of adventure sets they're about to be missing out on a lot more from here on out.