Thread: 7.2 Champions

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

7.2 Champions

Hi guys.
    What will be your 7 champions now when it is possible to get new champion and 7th slot?

Deleted
    I like a 2-2-2 setup +1 bodyguard.

Calia and Alonsus for Disc
    Yalia and bringing Ishanah out of retirement for Holy, replacing Sol.
    Zabra and Aelthalyste for Shadow.

All praise Sol, the ultimate incarnation of Light and the most awesome bodyguard ever created (go check his wowhead page comment section for proof). Sorry Aelthalyste, I tried you, but you were just not good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I like a 2-2-2 setup +1 bodyguard.

Calia and Alonsus for Disc
    Yalia and bringing Ishanah out of retirement for Holy, replacing Sol.
    Zabra and Aelthalyste for Shadow.

All praise Sol, the ultimate incarnation of Light and the most awesome bodyguard ever created (go check his wowhead page comment section for proof). Sorry Aelthalyste, I tried you, but you were just not good enough for me.
    What is Aelthalyste's abilities as a bodyguard? I cannot find this info anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    What is Aelthalyste's abilities as a bodyguard? I cannot find this info anywhere.
    She's a shadowpriest, so DPS minded. Not very good as she does hit hard, but she doesn't hit often. When she's on a proc, she can do a pretty strong AOE, but as with all procs, it can come at a REALLY good time or a REALLY silly time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

Definitely a badass, he would chase Mobs/Players across the map keeping me in combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    Definitely a badass, he would chase Mobs/Players across the map keeping me in combat.
    That goes for all bodyguard champions. Heck, even the temporary ones do that, if their duration is longer than the actual combat.

Deleted
    I've noticed that I have more trouble getting 200% on multiple missions on my main priest, than on a monk alt that I barely played at 110. And that's despite that all my champions are decked out in +generic chance and +chance on long. Most trouble is with shadow and spell counters, so I'm probably gonna keep the new follower and get someone with silence. Maybe even replace the last follower you got in the old campaign, the one with bonuses when with non champions.

Do you have to do the cathedral quest to get the quest for the new follower?

Nvm im a retread, forgot about the inactives LOL.

Why do u need a body guard? I used them some time ago to collect garrison resource but I dont need anything from them anymore. Their dps or healing is also funny and useless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danthon View Post
    Do you have to do the cathedral quest to get the quest for the new follower?
    Nope, it was time gated, you are able to do this already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Why do u need a body guard? ... Their dps or healing is also funny and useless
    I disagree on that. Sol is usefull in several ways. Speaking as a shadowpriest: First, by doing SOME healing, I can take on more or harder enemies solo and hopefully kill them before I die. If I can't, Fade is at hand, leading the mobs to Sol so he can tank a bit while I shadowmend myself up or use dispersion. And then resume the killing. I've managed to solo several elites that way that I just can't do without him there (I've tried!). Second, even if I CAN solo the buggers I'm dealing with, whatever dps Sol manages to bring, helps me kill them faster than without him there.

But of course, in some cases, your class/spec might not want/need a guardian at all. My DK is Unholy and the original bodyguard is Blood, so he attempts to tank for me. But with no way of keeping him alive (unalive?), he dies over and over (again). That's just useless and mostly slowed me down when I used him! But then there are the new champions. My Druid is a bear, so he can pretty much survive whatever I want to, even if it takes a while to kill stuff. The original bodyguard is a bear too, so that's kinda silly to use. And I haven't. But the new champion, Thisalee, is really good to have because she buffs you in any form, any spec, even if she is set to proc instead of permanent. So for me, there's no reason NOT to use her. She goes kitty when we fight, so a bit extra dps, yay. She gives me +10% versatility in Bearform, so that means less damage taken and more done, yay. I can kill more stuff faster with her than without. Just like with Sol. And THAT is why I use a bodyguard, where it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to use Sol as you say, but now that I'm like ilvl 905 in my shadow spec I really don't need anyone's help to even solo the 66M health mobs. So now I'm going to use Aelthalyste since you can set her to be "invisible" so to speak and she won't show up but I can still throw some gold equipment on her to get extra gold when completing quests and she won't (shouldn't) keep me stuck in combat.

Among the priest-specific champions, I'm benching Alonsus (because Blizz likes to link him to quests) and Zabra because benching these two will allow me to have 2 of each spec and 2 of each counter on my six active mission champions. My 7th guy is either Sol as a Bodyguard or maybe Meatball for some juicy bonus to success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Why do u need a body guard? I used them some time ago to collect garrison resource but I dont need anything from them anymore. Their dps or healing is also funny and useless
    Because my Titled Sol will net me 125g per world quest (legendary follower equipment, and 50+25g epic and rare equipments), and 100 OR from Tithe. That's why.

And Holy specs are barely useful for missions, and High Priestess Ishanah is enough. She will also be useful too accumulate some Healing Well to cheese the Hooded Priests. Since they have 2hp, you should be able to keep them indefinitely even after switching back to 7th follower by keeping them alive with those.

Aelthalyste is by far the best bodyguard to date, simply because you can switch between proc mode and bodyguard mode.
    If she goes apeshit on any enemie player you simply switch to proc mode and therefore leave combat way earlier.
    If you need her to tank you can simply switch back again.
    Since she is able to taunt that works quite well.

I can't seem to make Aelthyste to work as a normal bodyguard. She doesn't move, she just doesn't follow me and disappears. She comes back sometimes but barely does anything because she keeps staying behind.

Is Aelthyste's bodyguard mode working well for you guys? :[

Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    Among the priest-specific champions, I'm benching Alonsus (because Blizz likes to link him to quests) and Zabra because benching these two will allow me to have 2 of each spec and 2 of each counter on my six active mission champions. My 7th guy is either Sol as a Bodyguard or maybe Meatball for some juicy bonus to success.
    Alonsus isn't linked to dungeon/raid quests anymore. You turn them into Moira now.

Sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't. It's inconsistent, because Blizzard doesn't really pay any attention to us.

I like to use Alonsus as my combat follower, just because I can load him up with WQ items and forget he exists. It's easy to pop him on or off as needed to turn in quests.

Sol is strongest bodyguard, but hes also strong on missions, i would say that unless you have really valuable follower items (legendary ones) just use a 7 roster focused on missions, Just spec shadow for world quests if you want more damage.

Ive got Alonsus and Yalia benched, Ishanah isn't a strong mission follower, but i find the Vitality replenish valuable for my upgraded Dark Zealots.