Old legendary skins in event loot boxes

Why was/is this even a thing. Nothing feels worse than seeing the legendary color pop up from an event lootbox and it being a plain old regular legendary skin. This should never happen...event box legendary should always equal event legendary skin even if they have to lower the chance of getting a legendary from an event box imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Why was/is this even a thing. Nothing feels worse than seeing the legendary color pop up from an event lootbox and it being a plain old regular legendary skin. This should never happen...event box legendary should always equal event legendary skin even if they have to lower the chance of getting a legendary from an event box imo.
    Nah, I don't mind it. It's just more gold so I can buy the one I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Because $$$
    Yea i remembered that as I hit post and was gonna edit but meh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Just because there's an event that doesn't mean you won't get any other skins or other stuff that comes out of boxes

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the way it's done. I don't want to be totally denied the opportunity to get other skins just because an event is on. This is especially true as they add more events and we spend more and more time in them. The idea of being guaranteed at least one new item and the rest pulling from the whole pool of possibilities is reasonable to me. Ideally it would be nice to have two event items guaranteed and two old items, but I wouldn't want old stuff totally excluded.

* I can't see this happening though since they want people to buy the boxes. And, frankly, I want people to keep buying the boxes too since that is how the game is profitable and they can keep supporting it with new heroes and maps and events that I enjoy.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Event loot boxes guarantee one item out of the four is an event item. That's it. The chance for the remaining three to be non-event legendary is unchanged.

It doesn't even mean you're limited to one legendary, either. A loot box I opened last night had two legendaries and an epic; got the new blue Torbjorn legendary and the Goldhardt legendary. The chance of a legendary is per-item-slot, not per-box.

Just saw my first legendary since the event started and it was a dupe of a non-event skin i already had...

Maybe if get another 100 legendary dupes i might be able to afford an event epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Becuase they sell boxes for money and having less chance of getting a skin means more boxes sold.

I don't mind getting old legendaries in even boxes. I do mind getting the same event player icon (Blackwatch) 3 times in a row and duplicates of at least 3 other event items. I haven't kept an exact record, but the 3 same dupes in a row really stood out.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"