Need some help with Affliction - AC vs Contagion usage

Hey all, I switched from a healer to an Aff lock a couple months ago and have pretty much gotten the basics down at this point. For the sake of easing my transition I have primarily stuck with a 3211213 build. I believe from what I've been reading though that Contagion is pretty much hands down better than AC, so now that I've got a better handle on the class I'd like to switch to it.

Question I have is, when running MG/Contagion, is my aim to always have a UA up 100% of the time, even if that interferes with my ability to do the whole 2 UA / Reap / Drain cycle? Which is more important I guess is the main question, keeping 100% uptime on UA, or conserving resources for the 2UA reap-drain cycle even if that means not getting the benefit of Contagion for a while?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Deleted
    Usually the second option, cause that allows you to have the highest number of UA ticks embowered by reap souls. In a case where you find yourself overwhelmed by souls (such as star augur execute phase, with all the adds dying and giving you souls, you can try to maximise contagion uptime

No.

The point is contagion buffs your 2 UA cycle. 50%+ of your damage is UA empowered by MG. You don't give a shit if contagion is not up for the other dots because the other dots do shit damage outside a fully ramped up agony.

Corruption and SL are worthless, so you maximize Contagion's buff for MG UA cycles.

You still use AC for multitarget/aoe fights.

Only time you're weaving UA's to draw out contagion uptime is for non-MG play.

Basically what the people above said.

Just keep draining your UAs even if it means your corruption and SL will fall off.