Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To me the real barriers to spec swapping by now are not only the legendaries, but THREE FUCKING RELICS on top of the individual artifact AP grind.

Getting the relics to drop means you now need the equivalent of three weapon drops per spec. And pray the traits on them are the right ones to boot. It's pretty fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    To me the real barriers to spec swapping by now are not only the legendaries, but THREE FUCKING RELICS on top of the individual artifact AP grind.

Getting the relics to drop means you now need the equivalent of three weapon drops per spec. And pray the traits on them are the right ones to boot. It's pretty fucking dumb.
    It's not that bad you can farm shards and get 885+,granted it's taking a gamble but in the end it can pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    It's not that bad you can farm shards and get 885+,granted it's taking a gamble but in the end it can pay off.
    880 actually, 885 is warforging. I've done some and it's still crap, because 880-885 is still far below the 890+ from heroic nighthold let alone the 900+ ilv relics you can get from m+ and mythics.

There is no doubt they've made spec swapping significantly worse and even more of a time sink.

Deleted
    Well, I guess the 70% --> 40% nerf of MG that is on the PTR now shows that Blizzard agrees that affli was OP. I don't fully understand the Haunt buff as it seems this will still not be enough to be better than MG.

Demo also got hit a bit with the nerf to the imp dmg trait and received this weird buff to HoG (more than doubled its damage).

Still curious how destro turns out, although I have the strong feeling that it will still be horribly clunky and RNG to play (the new rift is awesome but sooooo RNG).

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, I guess the 70% --> 40% nerf of MG that is on the PTR now shows that Blizzard agrees that affli was OP. I don't fully understand the Haunt buff as it seems this will still not be enough to be better than MG.

Demo also got hit a bit with the nerf to the imp dmg trait and received this weird buff to HoG (more than doubled its damage).

Still curious how destro turns out, although I have the strong feeling that it will still be horribly clunky and RNG to play (the new rift is awesome but sooooo RNG).

Thats is NOT a haunt buff.

They put a fucking soul shard cost to Haunt. That will make sure it NEVER is used. The whole point of haunt is to dump UA's empowered into its window.

Now Haunt competes with UA, which is a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Why should it be nerfed? Okay, it's very strong on a few fights, and middle to upper middle on other fights, in a tier that isn't currently being designed around, and for all intents purposes, is over with. Why is that too good for us? What do you see that is so unbelievably imbalanced that affliction actually needs to be nerfed over it? After how absolutely shit we have been at some points in legion, isn't it okay that we are near the top for once?
    It's above and beyond the strongest spec in the game at the moment. It's a little bit too strong. I think it should be nerfed to be more in line with the other specs and possibly the mechanics changed slightly so it isn't has hit or miss. Obviously any fight with adds skews its damage too highly but it even shines on nearly single target specs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It's above and beyond the strongest spec in the game at the moment. It's a little bit too strong. I think it should be nerfed to be more in line with the other specs and possibly the mechanics changed slightly so it isn't has hit or miss. Obviously any fight with adds skews its damage too highly but it even shines on nearly single target specs as well.
    Yea, that's old news. Bug fix already nerfed our damage.

i don't see the bug fix having any effect, its still overpowered as fuck, and miles above destruction

Yea, that's old news. Bug fix already nerfed our damage.
    It's still too strong lol.

We aren't trying to get the spec to get nerfed from the top spot if possible. I don't want to make warlocks shit tier and I don't want affliction to suddenly be worse than the other specs. I had to deal with that playing a DK this expansion and I wouldn't wish that on anybody... Just want the specs to be a little bit closer in line with other dps specs. It's a little bit too high. The gap is too large is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It's still too strong lol.

We aren't trying to get the spec to get nerfed from the top spot if possible. I don't want to make warlocks shit tier and I don't want affliction to suddenly be worse than the other specs. I had to deal with that playing a DK this expansion and I wouldn't wish that on anybody... Just want the specs to be a little bit closer in line with other dps specs. It's a little bit too high. The gap is too large is all.
    It is in line with other specs now. Any place you thought it was too strong, it is no longer too strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i don't see the bug fix having any effect, its still overpowered as fuck, and miles above destruction
    O i c. Because it's better than destro, which is getting a massive rework for the new raid tier, you think affliction should be nerfed right now? It isn't overpowered as anything, and you have no evidence to back this position up.

Deleted
    Not to get too deep into this thread but whats with people always complaining that we have to "stand still to dps".

All casters have to stand still while they cast. Yes, we dont have a lot of mobility but its not like frost mages can cast while moving.

O i c. Because it's better than destro, which is getting a massive rework for the new raid tier, you think affliction should be nerfed right now? It isn't overpowered as anything, and you have no evidence to back this position up.
    Yes, definitely. There is no reason for one spec to be better at everything by a mile than the other. And it seems that affliction is getting a rework as well in the patch so that argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Not to get too deep into this thread but whats with people always complaining that we have to "stand still to dps".

All casters have to stand still while they cast. Yes, we dont have a lot of mobility but its not like frost mages can cast while moving.
    actually frost can cast while moving.

Guildmates complaining about Bosses dying.......... I think I'd look for a new guild.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Yes, definitely. There is no reason for one spec to be better at everything by a mile than the other. And it seems that affliction is getting a rework as well in the patch so that argument is invalid.
    Exactly. This is just jealous bullshit. Destro isn't as good so clearly we have to champion nerfing affliction. Meanwhile there are 6-10 other specs in the game that are as good or better than affliction, but lets not worry about that shit, lets just trash other warlock specs I don't play because I'm salty as fuck.

I'd argue demon and destro are just worse. But they are going the right path, shifting some of the damage from demon's imps to HoG and reworking destro.

I think affliction has it's flaws being a dot spec with ramp, and tied to MG, and in regarding to damage they will rework MG in 7.2.5 so there's no point in arguing: take off MG and see if your damage is top of the spot.

If you guys keep going this path, next thing we're gonna see is people asking for a nerf to shadowflame lul.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Other than legendaries (which are a big issue) you can't really compare weapons of past xpacs vs relics of today because of too many differences and positives and negatives.

Weapons in the past had a lot of "filler" weapon drops that very few used. Ranged weapons, daggers and shields. That's not an issue anymore. And bigger than that is M+ allowing a 2nd equal option to getting relics that never existed before. Which massively speeds up the guild's overall gearing rate letting you get relics for offspecs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

It's not but unfortunately both Blizzard and their players are legitimately retarded so they think that if their class is not on top and another class is doing well, that they're "overpowered". It has always been this way and since Warlocks are one of the least played classes, they don't mind making massive, unnecessary changes.

actually frost can cast while moving.
    Only if they choose the talent to do so. However with double ice Lance being a thing, the damage loss would be too much if not using Shimmer.

Exactly. This is just jealous bullshit.... lets just trash other warlock specs I don't play because I'm salty as fuck.
    Yep, I tell ya, this whole legendary/AP grind thing has pretty much fragmented the lock community into these factions of "screw Demo" "F' Affliction", "Destro can suck a D". I mean it was pathetic before between classes; now we gotta put up with this crap within our own class.