Thread: Why, why?

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas, US.
    Posts
    303

    Why, why?

    Why does HoTs get me SO tilted. No game in the world frustrates me like this. I went 2-17 for my last 19 games. Dropped from Diamond 5 to plat 3, which is where I got placed 164 games ago at the start of the season. Feels like I wasted all that time.

  2. #2
    There is a ton of downtime in mobas, which gives you time to stew on trivial shit and bitch in chat

    All bitching is done while players are dead or running back.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Θ Hidden Forbidden Hades
    Posts
    4,255
    I realized there are phases of up and downs and the best you can do when you face a loss streak is ending your current session. If the loss streak continues over days it helped me to change my approach in terms of drafting etc. I would focus on 2-3 heroes I feel very comfortable playing even if they are bottom tier in current meta and just try to improve playing them for example or focusing on certain heroes I know I can easily carry with under certain conditions (like Naz/Azmo on late game, jungler "if team can not suicide nonstop"). Its important to get a break from your past mindset and discover more possibilities how you can improve/contribute/play the game.
    ‘I am NOTHING’: this parody of affirmation is the last word of sovereign subjectivity, freed from the dominion it wanted, or needed, to give itself over things…for I know that I am fundamentally this subjective and contentless existence.
    - Georges Bataille

  4. #4
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas, US.
    Posts
    303
    I've now gone from Diamond 5 to plat 4. 89 win 99 losses. I just don't understand. Am I really that bad? At what point is it just impossible that I'm losing so much on luck? Did I get to plat 5 on a fluke? is this a fluke? What is life? Why am I so frustrated

  5. #5
    You might want to think about taking a break. When you are playing angry or frustrated it is very easy to make stupid mistakes. Mistakes you wouldn't ordinarily make if you weren't playing angry or frustrated. Trust me I know from years of playing Street Fighter.

  6. #6
    I blame most of the losses due to heroes selection, people don't realize that you need to pick the hero that counter the opposite team or hero that benefits so much from the map layout itself. It is not like you selecting a main dish from a menu everything will suits you.

  7. #7
    Same as in WoW - the very few dedicated players play on certain times. If you miss these times game will just be a hellhole with high rates of disconncectors, casual play or just terrible drafters.
    This world can have but one emperor!

  8. #8
    I hate the word tilted

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalskill987 View Post
    I hate the word tilted
    Do you get tilted when you see it?

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    Why does HoTs get me SO tilted. No game in the world frustrates me like this. I went 2-17 for my last 19 games. Dropped from Diamond 5 to plat 3, which is where I got placed 164 games ago at the start of the season. Feels like I wasted all that time.
    Stop playing HL. Problem solved. Never stepped foot into HL and I've got no stress.

  11. #11
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas, US.
    Posts
    303
    I appreciate all the positive advice. I know that taking a break is always good advice, I just find it extra hard to tear myself away from thr game on a losing streak. Its so much easier for me to win 5 and then walk away than it is to lose 5 and walk.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Same as in WoW - the very few dedicated players play on certain times. If you miss these times game will just be a hellhole with high rates of disconncectors, casual play or just terrible drafters.
    What do you consider these times to be?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    I appreciate all the positive advice. I know that taking a break is always good advice, I just find it extra hard to tear myself away from thr game on a losing streak. Its so much easier for me to win 5 and then walk away than it is to lose 5 and walk.
    For me it's pretty much the opposite. The moment I get on a losing streak I feel bad, and just leave the game because I know I'll just begin to underperform.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    What do you consider these times to be?
    Well 3-12 AM is generally bad. Weekends can also very bad.
    This world can have but one emperor!

  15. #15
    High Overlord Eninya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    EC, US
    Posts
    174
    Blizzard broke matchmaking last season. They've been fully aware of this, but have made no indication that they think it's broken, as can be noted when they stated they were happy.

    That's why my trio queue in Team League is paired with Bronzes and Silvers while we face 5 man Grand Master premades. 90% of our duo queues paired up are unranked, and it rapidly becomes evident that they're going to be down in Bronze and Silver.



    This is not the first time this has happened, in either of the last two seasons. Most of the time, the enemy team is Diamond to Master, maybe an odd Platinum, but they're a 5 man. However, we almost universally will get matched with people entire divisions/tiers below us. In that screenshot, the game went on to a close loss, where Arthas fed 10 deaths before anyone had 2, or some people even got 1. It was basically playing a 4v5.
    "We're not really carrying you when the other hunters are climbing up your back like Shadow of the Colossus just to glimpse your damage meter."

  16. #16
    Meh. Lost every single game the past week. No, not exaggerating. Every one.

    That might not be so bad if they were even real games, but I keep getting someone AFKing on the team, or someone just throwing for whatever reason people throw for, or people drafting random shit just to be "funny". Just don't believe that this can keep happening to my team and not the opposing team, doesn't make any sense.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Blizzard broke matchmaking last season. They've been fully aware of this, but have made no indication that they think it's broken, as can be noted when they stated they were happy.

    That's why my trio queue in Team League is paired with Bronzes and Silvers while we face 5 man Grand Master premades. 90% of our duo queues paired up are unranked, and it rapidly becomes evident that they're going to be down in Bronze and Silver.

    This is not the first time this has happened, in either of the last two seasons. Most of the time, the enemy team is Diamond to Master, maybe an odd Platinum, but they're a 5 man. However, we almost universally will get matched with people entire divisions/tiers below us. In that screenshot, the game went on to a close loss, where Arthas fed 10 deaths before anyone had 2, or some people even got 1. It was basically playing a 4v5.
    Well, last week we were queueing as a duo in TL. We are Plat 1 atm, and got Bronze 4 (!), Silver something and Gold something trio. Our match was 5 man Master/Diamond team.

    What was really frustrating, we drafted surprisingly good, and managed to hold our own in the early game. Unfortunately, the silver guy, who was our healer, was getting ganked while 'carelessly' roaming lanes and eventually they got 2-3 lvls of advantage.

  18. #18
    High Overlord Eninya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    EC, US
    Posts
    174


    We somehow won this game, but there was a lot of struggle with objectives and grouping. We lost both bosses, 3 nukes, and a keep in one push. They overstayed and we aced them, took top push, and used the momentum to push to end without nukes.

    Nonetheless, this rank divide is brutal.
    "We're not really carrying you when the other hunters are climbing up your back like Shadow of the Colossus just to glimpse your damage meter."

  19. #19
    How long are the queue times for these games? 10min+?
    This world can have but one emperor!

  20. #20
    High Overlord Eninya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    EC, US
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    How long are the queue times for these games? 10min+?
    Fast (sometimes 1-2 mins) to as long as 1600s. Queue still bugs out, so I can never be sure.
    Last edited by Eninya; 2017-04-26 at 06:23 PM.
    "We're not really carrying you when the other hunters are climbing up your back like Shadow of the Colossus just to glimpse your damage meter."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •