Thread: Class Hall DC's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdw40k View Post
    about three weeks ago around the time 7.2 went live an avast antivir update added some gaming feature nobody knew or was told about. This feature led to insane logout/reloadui times and longer loading screens because it interfered with wow saving addon data/cache data/whatever. my warrior landed in azsuna nearly every other time i jumped, something i have never exxperienced before.

for three weeks i went crazy updating and/or disabling addon after addon, redoing my whole ui, deleting cache folders, reinstalling wow, nothing helped. When i saw the tweed from the weakaura dev teling everybody about the problem with avast (https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/854081873059999744) i imediately uninstalled avast: loading screens went back to lasting only a few seconds and no aszuna landings anymore

tl:dr disable avast gaminghook if you use avast, that did it for me
    I dont use any of that junk and I've still gotten the DC's since launch. Have to admit I don't think it's happened to me this week though which is probably the longest I've gone without it.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I dont use any of that junk and I've still gotten the DC's since launch. Have to admit I don't think it's happened to me this week though which is probably the longest I've gone without it.
    Dont jinx it!
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Dunno if they've tried to sneak a fix in or what, but a couple times in the last few days I've come out of the load screen and found myself in the zone I was jumping to, but falling through the air from way, way up. The first time I wasn't prepared and splatted in front of the Suramar flight master. The second time I caught it and popped a glider in Highmountain.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Dunno if they've tried to sneak a fix in or what, but a couple times in the last few days I've come out of the load screen and found myself in the zone I was jumping to, but falling through the air from way, way up. The first time I wasn't prepared and splatted in front of the Suramar flight master. The second time I caught it and popped a glider in Highmountain.
    Yeah, i have had that bug as well. If you are on a flying mount while jumping down, you will just hover in the air where the jumping-down animation normally starts.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Yeah, i have had that bug as well. If you are on a flying mount while jumping down, you will just hover in the air where the jumping-down animation normally starts.
    Thanks for the headsup. I'll be aware of that.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Hotfix:

Warrior
    When leaving Skyhold, Warriors are now protected by Val’kyr who insist that the player land safely and not disconnect.

Happens all the time. Seems that it happens less if I'm on a flying mount.

I've noticed for some zones that after the load screen I just appear on the ground, without the falling animation. Broken Shore still works like it used to, though. Anyone else seen this happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had this problem in the past few days. Thought I read something about a hotfix

I think spawning on the ground would of been a DC before the hotfix, thats my guess anyway. It was so bad I was avoiding using skyhold for travel. Now its been working fine.