Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone confirmed on the druid discord that it does in fact give you a free Full Moon. So a 45 second cycle is 4 spells now instead of 3 (New, Half, Full, Full).

Well, then the tooltip needs to be clarified that the extra FM doesn't use a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Someone confirmed on the druid discord that it does in fact give you a free Full Moon. So a 45 second cycle is 4 spells now instead of 3 (New, Half, Full, Full).
    That should provide some pretty nice burst DPS.

It does use a charge. The cooldown on Moon spells is still 15 seconds, there's just an extra Full moon in the cycle, as Slippy said. I'm struggling to understand how people are reading it any other way, it's clear enough.

3 max charges with 15sec cooldown a charge, one Moon spell per charge just like live, BUT the cycle goes New->Half->Full->Full->New etc etc. What's so hard to grasp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewseph View Post
    It does use a charge. The cooldown on Moon spells is still 15 seconds, there's just an extra Full moon in the cycle, as Slippy said. I'm struggling to understand how people are reading it any other way, it's clear enough.

3 max charges with 15sec cooldown a charge, one Moon spell per charge just like live, BUT the cycle goes New->Half->Full->Full->New etc etc. What's so hard to grasp?
    No it doesn't. Just log on the PTR and see for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're all saying the same thing. Here's how it works:

Assume you've used all your moon charges and you're starting at a new moon.

With this granting a free full moon charge and not slowing the moon cycle, is it any good now or still pretty rubbish?

I think we're all saying the same thing. Here's how it works:

Assume you've used all your moon charges and you're starting at a new moon.

Nah, Mewseph thought the second FM would be at 60s and push every following MoonMoon one step back. Which wouldn't even be a gain if it pushes another FM off the table.

The actual workings of giving us a free(save for cast time) FM make it a lot stronger than it would have been otherwise. Although i don't think it's possible to get rid of all that AP in time without wasting Empowerments. Still, it's not very clear from the Tooltip that it works this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal82 View Post
    With this granting a free full moon charge and not slowing the moon cycle, is it any good now or still pretty rubbish?
    Well considering Full Moon is usually ~4% of our damage on single target. Essentially this legendary is a free FM every 45 seconds. I'm guessing this leg is middle of the pack for single target, and on the low end for AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Well considering Full Moon is usually ~4% of our damage on single target. Essentially this legendary is a free FM every 45 seconds. I'm guessing this leg is middle of the pack for single target, and on the low end for AoE.
    As a rough guideline, whatever your FM damage, this legendary gives you twice that much. It's not the worst for AoE since FM does AoE damage, though there's probably better ones. It should help a lot with burst, though.
    You lose some damage due to having less time to cast other spells, but you also gain some due to more AP.

It sometimes works like that. (works as you said. Goes from 2 to 1 to 1 again)

It also sometimes doesn't. (it's hard to see but the 3 turns into a 2 after the first FM)

No clue if this is a bug or not; it seems like starting with 3 on Full Moon causes the problem, like the recharge is given before the cast is finished so while you're still at 3, you're given +1 (still at 3) then the charge is expended because you cast the spell. Gonna chalk it up to the usual excuse of Legion: Spaghetti Coding.

( @Slippykins just in case)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-26 at 04:46 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As a rough guideline, whatever your FM damage, this legendary gives you twice that much. It's not the worst for AoE since FM does AoE damage, though there's probably better ones. It should help a lot with burst, though.
    If only it did actual AoE damage rather than meteor (2-100 targets = same damage)

In other news our ring actually has stats now that are not below budget and it actually looks good for boomies.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151636/s...uid&bonus=3530

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    In other news our ring actually has stats now that are not below budget and it actually looks good for boomies.
    Which has sadly been the most change we've seen since the ring and the cloak, lol.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Yep! According to Gape on the PTR, it's doing extremely well on some fights. Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2017-05-26 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Wish I could play Balance on the PTR tests instead of resto because healers don't participate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay just got OI from netherportal farming. All boomie leges GET

Yep! According to Gape on the PTR, it's doing extremely well on some fights. Looking forward to it.
    So is Dual Rings (IFE+SOTA) looking like the way to go in general? If so, very excited! (esp since I love the whole SL SOTF ShS SD build)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So is Dual Rings (IFE+SOTA) looking like the way to go in general? If so, very excited! (esp since I love the whole SL SOTF ShS SD build)
    It will depend on the fight, but I can see SotA with LatC, IFE or OI being the best. SotA/IFE for extended AoE burst, SotA/LatC for sustained cleave, SotA/OI for short AoE burst.

Deleted
    So far from today + yesterday's tests I would run IFE+OI on 2 fights, and SOTA+IFE/OI/LATC on 2 fights.

Getting 50 stacks of blubberfish and popping Incarnation on Mistress Sass will produce some hefty juice.

It will depend on the fight, but I can see SotA with LatC, IFE or OI being the best. SotA/IFE for extended AoE burst, SotA/LatC for sustained cleave, SotA/OI for short AoE burst.
    Because I'm a lazy shit and I like sticking to the same build (SL, SOTF, ShS, SD), I might just stick with dual ring, or sometimes swapping IFE for OI (if the timing is awkward and doesn't give me a lot of benefit).

LATC, while I enjoy it for questing and dungeons, I don't really care for it in raids for some reason. Plus, it also breaks 6P, so we'll probably never see an OI/LATC combo (since 6P buffs OI when you use Starsurge or get Starsurge procs).