Thread: Rip TV build?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    we need a different golden trait. warriors golden trait is ridiculously good and ours is barely 2% damage on a pull.
    welcome to world of meleecraft 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    welcome to world of meleecraft 2017.
    Meleegion
    /chars
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I really don't see this TV change as earth shattering... it just increases the value of the lego gloves even more. Now, instead of increasing the duration by a factor of 50%, they increase the duration by a factor of 100%, or double.

Worst case scenario, go FT and GS w/ beavers/shard as lego's and still rock ST damage, don't forget, spell coefficients are all getting buffed by 20-60% for most of the frost spells.

aren't the spell coefficients just baking in the damage aura we are losing?
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

I mean we would need to do some serious maths to confirm/deny that one, but if you look at the % gain vs. original coefficient it's not the same across the board so, to me, it doesn't seem like they're baking in a flat % aura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krangh View Post
    I really don't see this TV change as earth shattering... it just increases the value of the lego gloves even more. Now, instead of increasing the duration by a factor of 50%, they increase the duration by a factor of 100%, or double.

Worst case scenario, go FT and GS w/ beavers/shard as lego's and still rock ST damage, don't forget, spell coefficients are all getting buffed by 20-60% for most of the frost spells.
    actually its the other way around, this change greatly devalues the gloves for frost as you will have a very very hard time to keep IV up for an extended perior of time which was the frost glove's main strength, i even think that the value of the gloves drops below the value of the sephuz ring as a pure stat stick, not counting the proc so that is a pretty big nerf for the gloves, but you're correct, the nerf isnt earth shattering its actually a minor nerf overall, aroud 1-3% so the sky is definately not falling.

also, the spellcoefs arent getting buffed, they are simply removing the spellauras and baking them into the core spells, a lot of ppl seem to think that this is an actual buff but it only maintains the status quo in terms of dmg.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    was better than the past 12 years of Ranged stand back and DPS, Melee has to dodge a bunch of Cleave, whilst also needing to run detonation mechanics out of Raid, whilst also needing to reposition every time a tank moves so we aren't parried/dodged. etc etc.

Ranged pretends like they haven't had it easy for the past decade and are only crying now because after years of being bad at mechanics, they are realising they need to git gud.
    Mostly OT but pretty much this as far as the argument in question is concerned. The only reason you took melee over ranged was to cover interrupts. Any more than that and it's nearly always a huge liability to the raid (cleave, positions, movement, higher mechanic placement potential on boss etc...) whereas you can never have too much ranged since they're far more efficient when it comes to, well, almost everything.

Yet all the sudden pitchforks and torches come out over the horrific plight of ranged DPS where they have to actually compete with those melee scrubs while focusing on mechanics. It must be hard taking those blinders off once in a while.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-04-21 at 07:12 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The buff to Cone of Cold : instead of doing 37-40k it does 87-90k- still not worth using imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Mostly OT but pretty much this as far as the argument in question is concerned. The only reason you took melee over ranged was to cover interrupts. Any more than that and it's nearly always a huge liability to the raid (cleave, positions, movement, higher mechanic placement potential on boss etc...) whereas you can never have too much ranged since they're far more efficient when it comes to, well, almost everything.

Yet all the sudden pitchforks and torches come out over the horrific plight of ranged DPS where they have to actually compete with those melee scrubs while focusing on mechanics. It must be hard taking those blinders off once in a while.
    this argument never makes sense. just because melee had it harder back then doesnt suddenly make it ok that ranged have it harder now. thats like saying that because a class has always been bad, suddenly its okay now that theyre op. that just isnt how any of this works. theres no correlation. ranged getting all the mechanics responsibilities while melee have to do nothing is bad just like it was in the reverse back then. having a bias because you perceive some kind of past slight against your class has nothing to do with current balance.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-04-21 at 10:47 PM.

Frankly, the TV build is the most clunky and awkward spec the Mage ever had. Optimizing around distance from boss, spell flight speeds, frantically spamming instants to prevent a buff from expiring, it is a total mess. In my opinion TV should be entirely removed like the Quickening was from Arcane. Arcane Mages were doing all manner of gimpy tricks to extend their Quickening, same now with TV.

And then even if TV is deleted, there remains the Glacial Spike + Blink(Shimmer) + Flurry, to gimp-cause GS to Shatter. The whole way Flurry works creates the clumsy distance to boss playstyle. So I would say along with TV the Flurry mechanic is the second main issue in the core of Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tears in this thread is amazing.
    Hi

Deleted

Im a frost mage tv build got gloves and bracers

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The tears in this thread is amazing.
    I know rightt xD kinda amazing to read this stuff i dont mind getting nerfed just need to show more skills

O wait 89% of the wow players dont have that they need everything baked out for them

Im realy enjoying the crys of people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Yeah its funny how the Pyro Bracers Legendary proc pretty much puts the Pyroblast damage on par with a FoF Ice Lance without Legendaries.. amazes me..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It actually puts it significantly above it. Ignite does damage too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Guess we have no trouble agreeing that both ranged and melee gets shafted in raiding.
    Apparently neither of you thinks raiding is fun, the smart thing to do then is probably to stop raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    People like you end up on the bench in any half-decent guild.

But I guess WoW is nowadays made to cater to you, the guy that cannot care less about performance or min-maxing a spec and comes with platitudes like "WoW was always a grind game", yeah, you basically just told us that you have no idea what you're talking about by comparing something as trivial as reputation with AP. This game was NEVER such a grind for high-end raiders, not even when we had to farm consumables.

In the end, I even feel bad for criticizing your post, as this is ultimately a mage subsection of the forums, so we're all in the same boat here more or less, but to see such disregard for our spec performance is somewhat annoying.

Anyway, keep on ^^smiling^^ , I guess.
    I'm way late on the ball but your post is spot on. While the old rep grinds could be tedious (and keep you locked out of certain places in game) they had nothing on current AP grind and performance. The reputation stuff never felt mandatory because it wasn't locking any key skills/items etc. the same way as the current grind. Where if you've not gotten any good legendary (my 11th one was my first in the top 3 for any spec I play), you're essentially forced to keep doing all LFRs, normal EN, HC EN, mythic EN, normal NH and Heroic NH as well as clearing every mythic 0, do emissary caches and run m+ for the correct gear and AP. There's a tedious amount of stuff you need to do to min-max this expansion, unless you are incredibly lucky. While it's nice to get something for doing the older raids, needing to go back to Emerald Nightmare when you outgear the place by 30+ ilvls is a pain in the ass but still needed to optimize your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbossnl View Post
    I know rightt xD kinda amazing to read this stuff i dont mind getting nerfed just need to show more skills

O wait 89% of the wow players dont have that they need everything baked out for them

Im realy enjoying the crys of people
    Which is funny because 2 pages back you were in here lying about your progress and pretending to be better than you are. But keep ^^ ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    why lie? your guild is only 3/10 mythic and so is your character.
    Hmm maby my name on mmo is wrong nowadays im on ragnaros and the character name is sawbob not sawbossnl annymore and im in the guild called edgelords

Just so you people know im always trying to max my dps out but im not crying like most people do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    It actually puts it significantly above it. Ignite does damage too.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently neither of you thinks raiding is fun, the smart thing to do then is probably to stop raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm way late on the ball but your post is spot on. While the old rep grinds could be tedious (and keep you locked out of certain places in game) they had nothing on current AP grind and performance. The reputation stuff never felt mandatory because it wasn't locking any key skills/items etc. the same way as the current grind. Where if you've not gotten any good legendary (my 11th one was my first in the top 3 for any spec I play), you're essentially forced to keep doing all LFRs, normal EN, HC EN, mythic EN, normal NH and Heroic NH as well as clearing every mythic 0, do emissary caches and run m+ for the correct gear and AP. There's a tedious amount of stuff you need to do to min-max this expansion, unless you are incredibly lucky. While it's nice to get something for doing the older raids, needing to go back to Emerald Nightmare when you outgear the place by 30+ ilvls is a pain in the ass but still needed to optimize your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is funny because 2 pages back you were in here lying about your progress and pretending to be better than you are. But keep ^^ ^^
    Wondering what character your searching on ? And what realm as we transfered to horde wen we were 3/10M

Then there is the HUGE number of mages that even with enough haste, fail at 2xIL, cause they don't do it fast enough, they don't have latency properly set up, or they have it too high and shoot additional non-shatter ILs losing on GCDs.
    The fact that I need to reset my lag tolerance to make a mechanic work tells me it shouldn't be in game. I shouldn't have to change behind the scene settings to gain a dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    I get that. Fire was what I initially wanted to play this xpac and while it turns out that I'm finding Frost a whole lot more fun on the whole, it is a bit worrying that Blizz have started fiddling around with it. I suppose it's less a case of supporting the change, as trying to remain vaguely optimistic that it'll all be ok and that the fights in ToS are still pretty strongly in Frost's favour.

That's probably a little naive though given the current team's sledgehammer approach to tuning, but we can always hope.
    I feel similarly. The more I play frost the more I realize how much it means to actually enjoy the spec you're playing and that even though I rolled fire at the start of legion, I never truly enjoyed it. I don't want what happened to fire to happen to frost, that's for sure. I really don't care for the new iteration of Fire even if it were to get buffed and I hate the playstyle and mana management of Arcane.

Deleted

Also you don't get shit in exchange for the Thermal Void nerf. Nada. Nothing. You just get nerfed. There's no additional damage "baked in abilities" to compensate. It's simply a nerf, and the more you depended on IV extending (like I am, for example), the harsher the impact. Sims don't account for those sweet 80-90% IV uptime logs. Those outliers, those fun pulls, they are OVER.
    exactly, they are the outliers, they happen every few pulls when you have extremely good RNG but what sims do isnt to track the outliers but rather the average, yes, your ceiling dps will drop but your average be slightly reduced which is why sims from altered time(dunno if they still show this) shows that the nerf to TV is actually quite low, and the reason for this is bcoz they are essentially lvling out the RNG, it still a loss no matter how we look at it but its not as massive as some ppl would say and it opens the window for a frozen touch buff which is sorely needed and something the devs have said they would look at, if it wouldnt result in a 100% uptime with IV which is definately something they have done.

Deleted
    Im just wondering but does the trait in your weapon also gets 30seconds uptime now ? As that woult be a buff woulnt it be ? Nerf to tv but a buff to icyveins passive trait buff that you get everytime you activate icyveins or am i wrong in this ? Do tell me if i am

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyen View Post
    Like what? Overwatch loot crates?
    You know OW is doing ridiculous numbers right? If you were going for sarcasm, that statement made you look a bit silly.

OT; while I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea in this thread that we ranged are persecuted somehow, I do think that the artifact weapons have inflamed the issue of messing with existing specs and rendering them less useful than their counterparts.

In a game that takes this much time to reach the apex of dps output.. it's actually goddamn ridiculous that they make those changes with a straight face. Seems pretty predatory to me, hard to justify the time sink this game is becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbossnl View Post
    Im just wondering but does the trait in your weapon also gets 30seconds uptime now ? As that woult be a buff woulnt it be ? Nerf to tv but a buff to icyveins passive trait buff that you get everytime you activate icyveins or am i wrong in this ? Do tell me if i am
    Unchanged http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=195446/chilled-to-the-core