Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Soldier heals. Should he be support?

Most of her kit is supportive in nature in one way or another. Doesn't need to be a healer to be a support.
    I'd argue her kit is defensive in nature, not supportive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damonharp View Post
    I'd argue her kit is defensive in nature, not supportive
    And that's where we'd have to disagree then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Soldier heals. Should he be support?

Most of her kit is supportive in nature in one way or another. Doesn't need to be a healer to be a support.
    And yet she can melt people easy
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    And yet she can melt people easy
    So can Zenyatta.

Deleted
    Don't quite know, she is kinda in the same field as Torbjörn. She is more of a defensive hero then a support.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Talking about her primary fire dude. not secondary. Her secondary is fine cause it requires aiming and i like that it penetrates shields but her primary is what's out of control.
    It's not out of control "Dude", which I put in quotes because I am not 13, you just have to learn how to counter her properly. This entire thread is based on not liking to get killed by Symetra and not on any measure of game balancing critique. Aka "get gud."
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So can Zenyatta.
    To be fair, she can do so much faster and more reliably than Zenyatta can.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    To be fair, she can do so much faster and more reliably than Zenyatta can.
    If you consider a close range beam reliable. That requires her to get close.

Zenyatta can do it from range safely, and assist his team mates with the same move.

I see a Symetra that is actually effective I switch to Reaper or a long range/midrange character and now her down safely. If you continue to play a character that Symetra can mow down that's your fault and not the fault of sym being op.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It's not out of control "Dude", which I put in quotes because I am not 13, you just have to learn how to counter her properly. This entire thread is based on not liking to get killed by Symetra and not on any measure of game balancing critique. Aka "get gud."
    It's definitely out of control, you must be a symmetra main. It's okay, you need a nerf, deal with it, dude. And if you learn how to read I said on modes like Mystery where you cannot counter properly, it's an instant wipe if symm is rolled and the opposite team doesn't have any appropriate counters. Even with good counters, she's ridiculous.

She needs nerf, get over it.

It's definitely out of control, you must be a symmetra main. It's okay, you need a nerf, deal with it, dude. And if you learn how to read I said on modes like Mystery where you cannot counter properly, it's an instant wipe if symm is rolled and the opposite team doesn't have any appropriate counters. Even with good counters, she's ridiculous.

The only thing she needs is the delatch to be fixed.

She dies so quickly otherwise to anyone, McCree, Mei, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Soldier 76, Pharah, the list goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you consider a close range beam reliable. That requires her to get close.

Zenyatta can do it from range safely, and assist his team mates with the same move.
    Basically, on certain maps where close quarters combat can happen, she can take down several heroes
    much more easily and more quickly than Zen can. The way her gun works gives her the freedom to
    fire and move around more easily than Zen, who's more stiff.

Overall, sure, I'd take Zen over her any day, but there are maps that more cater to a potential "Sym
    wipe" than a Zenyatta one imo.

Deleted

Only time Symmetra is out of control and needs nerf is when she's played against braindead people. She's easy to take down on pretty much any DPS champ. Most tanks can take her 1 on 1. Her teleporter is very strong when timed properly (and again, especially against braindead people) but that's about it. She does good damage basically in melee range and after few seconds of "channeling". If you can't kill a champ, that's basically made of paper, in few seconds, it's your own fault, and doesn't warrant any kind of nerf.

And yea, I'm totally a Symmetra main. Played her like 3 times this season.

Every support has to aim their primary fire and she does not, she just has to look in your general direction.
    Mercy looks in your general direction to heal, which is her primary fire, no aiming required.

It's okay for a Support to not heal, that's why they are labeled Support and not Healer. I feel like ya'll tempting Blizzard to make another non-healing Support just to strengthen their argument
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Yes, if someone disagrees with me I'm incapable of thinking that they might Have a valid point so I just accuse them of maiming that character. You really should put some effort into leaning about people before you make knee jerk assumptions. Do I main Sym? No. I rarely play her. If I play her it is merely to stay in practice with her in QM or it is healer arcade mode. I have the most time on Junkrat but I don't main anything. I play everything so in case I need to counter a specific character I can do so competently and not have to rely on the tactic of going to Internet forums and crying about it.

She doesn't need a nerf. If she is nerfed she won't be played. She has a real strength, close up murder and pathway denial with a defensive/traveling tactical Ult. If you get wrecked by her it is because you are not countering her properly and this game isn't about having a main, it is about switching to counter threats. This entire thread isn't based on her being out of control it is based on not liking getting killed by a specific character when you refuse to counter properly. That's on you, not the design of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    People trying to talk themselves into Symmetra being support just because she has the label, hah.

They could label her as a tank and you guys would find a way to agree with it.
    Huge difference, because there's absolutely nothing tanky about her.

And it isn't "talking ourselves into it", it's presenting what is actually in game and showing how that's supportive rather than defensive.

I mean, look at the defense hero category and their ults. Aside from Widowmaker, they're all area denial ults, and even in Widowmaker's case, her entire kit is about denying areas and her ult just further strengthens that.

Meanwhile, Symmetra's ults don't, they just help your team out.

Basically, on certain maps where close quarters combat can happen, she can take down several heroes
    much more easily and more quickly than Zen can. The way her gun works gives her the freedom to
    fire and move around more easily than Zen, who's more stiff.

Overall, sure, I'd take Zen over her any day, but there are maps that more cater to a potential "Sym
    wipe" than a Zenyatta one imo.
    Well, that is true, hence why she's heavily map based on her usage.

Meanwhile, her actual gameplay is fortifying areas with turrets and then killing the shit out of people with her ridiculous gun. And teleporter isn't "support", it further fortifies the area in question.
    Her turrets slow (Support), and if you're clumping them up to nuke a single target you're doing it wrong anyway. Also, if killing people is suddenly defense, then I point you to Zenyatta.

Also it doesn't fortify aside from assisting your teammates to get to the point faster, while her shield ult is well, clearly supportive.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-04-17 at 05:36 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if we're going to try and justify the label based on ults, time to move Orisa to support, because her ult supports the team's offensive firepower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is true, hence why she's heavily map based on her usage.
    Obviously. Of course, I say that, and yet there are those "Symmetra mains" I seem to run into that don't
    really KNOW that...

Really? Turrets are now somehow "support" because they snare? So all that keeps Torb from being support is that his turret doesn't snare? Mei is basically support with all her slowing?

Zenyatta is at least an actual healer. Symmetra's kit does almost nothing to actually support anyone - even her barrier is, well, a barrier. You could make a better argument for her being a tank because she blocks attacks with it.

Fact is that she initially seemed like a disc priest sort of "support" with the shielding and that was a bit awkward. When that got removed she still just sorta sat in the support category for whatever reason, and now Blizzard has seemed a bit lost on what to do with her and has thrown an alternate ultimate on her to try to shoehorn her back into that role.
    Is there really a point to continuing this if you're going to continuously narrowly focus on points just to try to prove your point? Or are you forgetting that Torb's turret is meant to do damage, and his ult is an area denial ult?

And no, that's not a "fact", she is essentially the same with a stronger shield and a moving barrier to help allies. She's MORE supportive than she was before.

Obviously. Of course, I say that, and yet there are those "Symmetra mains" I seem to run into that don't
    really KNOW that...
    People main things other than Genji and Hanzo...?