Ele Artifact Challenge NO Prydaz or Legs (900 ilvl)

This has probably been posted before, and some of this will probably already be old news, but I just got done this, and it was not easy in the slightest, and I thought I'd share some tips or subtleties about how to overcome the struggle.

Talents

TM
    AG
    EgT
    EleB
    LMT
    LR

Phase One

Pre-Pull how you would any raid boss (ie prepot, fire ele, EleB) FS her then drop LMT immediately. I didn't want to waste any time CL'ing the wildcard imps so I didn't LB into a FS to refresh; I nuked the wildcard first. Now what I changed in the last ~5-10 attempts was not grab toteming the burst imp and the heal imps. I gave myself enough space to where I could pop SK and nuke the three down before the burst imp could get to me. I literally can not stress enough how much easier it was handling P1 doing this

This fight is literally "if you fall behind, you die" spare a very rare SO/CLO scenario where you might recover, I didn't have the leggies for making mistakes, so any room I could buy myself was valuable. I found that if LB was overloading a bit, I could throw out a ES before saving up for her shield, but I would gauge that for yourself and see how the run is going.

If SK CL gave you any kind of overloading during the first set of healer imps, after her shield drops, she should be around >60%, 65 would be the cut off point imo, if I couldn't get her to phase change before or during the second healer imps spawned, I'd wipe and try again. The wildcard imps should've already spawned at this point, drop LMT and CL her to push the phase, Earthgrab or bind to delay the healers.

Phase Two

After that life changing strat of SK CL and saving the hassle of trying to root/manage add placement, phase one became infinitely easier, and phase two was really hit or miss. If you managed to make the healer imps spawn BEFORE she translocates, bless up brothers and sisters, because that could very well be the pull you get it. Managing the slow/root was the hardest part about the first teleport, because if you're standing on the sides of the platform for the burst imp placement, then trying to throw in that root before the healers get to Agatha usually spells death if boulder RNG is lame. Always save LMT for the wildcard, as it trivializes them; extra points if she shields because it actually makes breaking it pretty accessible with (usually) just a fully loaded ES. Now, this is where Ancestral Guidance saved my kill, when you're at ~30% hp and healer imps just showed up on top of a wildcard at the ass end of her second phase, things can look pretty bleak. This is where AG with SK can, quite literally, heal you to full in a GCD, and not only that, if the Overload is strong enough, can cause her to teleport again. With my lack of the legendaries, I don't think I could've done it without AG honestly, and I'd label it a must pick for this fight. You should be paying attention to the burst imp placement and boulders anyways to warrant not using gust of wind.

Final 30%

When she teles the third time, this is some real shit. If you've been managing your slow/stun, then you have 4-6+ healing imps begging to get to her. Lust immediately when in range, pop your second potion, earth ele, everything. Fire Ele wasn't up for me but this was good in my situation, as I was able to summon it on the 4th/5th teleport and secure the kill.

Honestly theres no sugar coating it, it was a really rough time, spending hours trying to figure out different talents or strats. If you don't have sephuz, make sure to run the Spiced Wildfowl Omelet for the clutch movement speed. Also the kill I got her on, I ran out of augment runes, but it definitely doesn't hurt to have them.

Ascendance build with PoT is still pretty good, and I would recommend popping Asc after you SK CL the first heal/burst imp wave. Belt is a bonus.

EQ becomes even more valuable then it already is on this fight if you have the boot/shoulder combo, and should play it out how you already play it in raids.

Other than that, good luck, you're gonna need it.

do you think its viable to do below 890?

Agreed on phase one. It was how I ended up completing it as well.

Proccing lightning rod on Agatha on pull, then chain-lightning down all the adds, led to crazy burst in the start. There's some luck involved there. When the healing adds come, let them start their channel. When they're in that exact position, CL can cleave from one healing imp to Agatha and back to the other healing imp. If you interrupt or stun while standing behind them, they will move towards you and break this chain. So I saved SK to burst them down, often getting the bursting imp in the crossfire.

Best rule is to never over-commit. Save cooldowns to when you need them, don't blow them all at once. Pool some maelstrom towards ES'ing a shield or bursting imp. You need more or less constant pressure on the boss and the adds, and if you run out of tricks you've lost. Don't forget the Earth Elemental if you need a breather, or just blow heroism if things are looking grim. Thunderstorm and racials can help on the bursting imps if they get too close. I ended up saving Liquid Magma Totem for when I started getting overwhelmed, or when umbral imps spawned during a shield phase, and probably lost a use or two of it because of it - but had a much easier time.

On my kill, it was basically a quick burn followed by slowly pressuring her down towards 0%. Then elemental/potion/heroism her down right after a teleport. Most of my deaths on near-kills were actually due to boulders. Try to avoid standing in the narrowest part of the corridor, as they swerve in a bit further than their visuals.

I'm afraid that I'm having troubles understanding your instructions for Phase 1 :\

Congrats on downing her, I hope I get it next time we get Mage Tower!

Also, what does your movement look like throughout the fight? Are you constantly moving out of the purple shit she drops? That can take a lot from DPS, but it hurts a lot too.
    Last edited by sloppies; 2017-04-18 at 03:06 PM.
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!

What is a "wildcard imp"?

Saw some people calling the small pack of imps that cast "wildcard" imps.

And for better instructions on phase 1, I started the fight, pretty much, in the back of the room, that way when the healer/burst imp pack would spawn, I could immediately rev up stormkeeper and wait until the three imps would line up perfectly and then CL them out of existence. What I used to do was I would try to slow/root them as they spawned, but it just ended up being clunky and unreliable, so I just decided to save the GCD's and pray for the nuts overload RNG.

My movement depending on my current hp and if I had Ancestral Guidance with SK coming back up. If I could soak a few swirls to make sure I got her shield down, I would. Other than that, I had to make sure that my movement was semi-planned out, as I didn't want to leave any puddles in bad spots.

I dont understand what you mean by "I didnt LB into refresh instead of chain lightning"

Gratz dude and thanks for the guide!

7+ Year Old Account
    So I am at ILvL 888... just got legs. Is this possible with a lower ILvL?

I mean that I would flame shock immediately and go into chain lightning + LMT. I didn't want to dumb Lava Bursts into her and refresh flame shock, I just immediately chain lightning on top of a LMT so the imps would die asap, and then I would dumb LB's and reapply flame shock. Small detail that really adds up for the first phase honestly.

bumping because still could be useful.

What legendareis did you choose?