Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Gladius, thats only addon you need. Rest simply grind and skill

- - - Updated - - -

Every time i see tank in Rated Arena its a free win, every time i see tank in skrimish its a free win + talk shit rights to the tank when you win =)
    And what class + spec do you play? Because as a melee player, I can't pressure a tank enough in arena so I only have two targets I can choose to kill. With the tank in arena, he just does consistent damage enough to warrant healing from your healers while having a ton of CC options to prevent you from killing their healer, god forbid its a guardian druid that is immune to most forms of CC itself.

A week or so ago, I was on an alt fire mage, Q'd a skirm, got into a 1v2. Both players however were very bad, the first guy died like a fly, the second was a guardian druid... Who just tanked my damage and slowly widdled me down. I lost to a bad player, that played bad, just because of his spec choice, if he had been any other druid spec, I probably would have won that game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I don't understand why Acti-Blizz refuses to have tanks play a support role in PvP? They insist tanks should be damage dealers BUT do a little less damage .. Rift, SWTOR and others had tanks play a really fun role which would be a great addition to WoW PvP. By focusing on mitigation and harrassment as well as resource pressure (by reducing targets resources) and adding Guard feature, you'd support the fantasy and make a good tank invaluable ..

Having tanks run around like demigods will never be good for the game .. it's like when they decided healers should also pew pew ... that didn't go to well ...
    But they're not demigods, otherwise they'd be viable in arena.

Seriously, nearly everything you complain about is either made up or L2P whining.

You were unable to answer my question about why you thought Guardian was OP, signifying that you probably just don't know anything about the spec and that is the sole cause of most people calling something "OP".
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-04-24 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Rage of the Sleeper reflects a shit ton of damage on top of increasing the druids damage and providing leech. Very dangerous cooldown, but easy to CC.

Embrace of the Nightmare
    While Rage of the Sleeper is active, you deal 25% increased damage, gain 25% increased Leech, and are immune to all effects that cause loss of control of your character.
    http://wowdb.com/spells/200855-embra...artifactRank=1

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    But they're not demigods, otherwise they'd be viable in arena.

Seriously, nearly everything you complain about is either made up or L2P whining.

You were unable to answer my question about why you thought Guardian was OP, signifying that you probably just don't know anything about the spec and that is the sole cause of most people calling something "OP".
    You fail basic comprehension or are a simple troll .. I attempted several times to give you the benefit of the doubt but sadly now I realize you will NEVER stay on point .. which is, for the last time, about the quality of the pre-rated gaming experience which determines the stock and flow of new blood into rated. This post is NOT about rated game play, never has been, and never will be so take your e-peen elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    And what class + spec do you play? Because as a melee player, I can't pressure a tank enough in arena so I only have two targets I can choose to kill. With the tank in arena, he just does consistent damage enough to warrant healing from your healers while having a ton of CC options to prevent you from killing their healer, god forbid its a guardian druid that is immune to most forms of CC itself.

A week or so ago, I was on an alt fire mage, Q'd a skirm, got into a 1v2. Both players however were very bad, the first guy died like a fly, the second was a guardian druid... Who just tanked my damage and slowly widdled me down. I lost to a bad player, that played bad, just because of his spec choice, if he had been any other druid spec, I probably would have won that game.
    Well just to make my post a bit clear (i was talking in my own experience) i am sure if i faced Blizzcon players and they had a tank in their 3s team, they would make me eat my words "tank is a free win". I play Ret/DH (Ret for almost 10 years)

As Ret due to self heals/bop/bubble/JV i can outheal Bear's dmg.

With DH its a bit tricky, you either have to burst down bear very quickly (go 30sec meta) or go Demonic build and simply outlast bear (this is for skrimish).

In regards of your game in skrimish, yes i 100% get you, it annoys me too when i lose to a class and not to a player. But when it happens, just remember pvp is not balanced 1v1...some classes counter others and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.

When it comes to playing with a healer rated 2s or rated 3s (in rated 2s, Prot Pally/BM hunter or Prot Pally/Shadow is actually pretty strong, but still no match for good players who can kite/los their burst and burst + cc when time is right).

In 3s rated i dont think tanks are viable any more above 2.4kcr, yest i was doing 3s (no voice) @2k mmr or so on my alt with random ppl i found in LFR, on my DH, we faced Guardian/Unh DK/Hpal. Guardian actually did top dmg among all dps, outdpsing my Dh by 5-6% maybe, but we still won the game cuz they didnt provide enough ST dmg to be any threat to us (their aoe dmg was fairly good); while I made pally bubble within 10sec of the game's start (he wasnt that good) and after that I knew he would be dead with my 2nd meta.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2017-04-26 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post

In regards of your game in skrimish, yes i 100% get you, it annoys me too when i lose to a class and not to a player. But when it happens, just remember pvp is not balanced 1v1...some classes counter others and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.

My point is purely that if you were not allowed to Q as a tank in arena (Specifically arena, I think tanks are fine for BGs) you wouldnt see tanks in 3s (Which are typically just annoying and frustrating to play against) and in two's you wouldn't be point in the one place tanks truly shine, which again, is no fun for any one except the tank player.

I know what you mean about guardian druid. I can't tell you the amount of times a guardian druid camps the Wardens emissary turn in on my realm. It takes at least 10 people to kill him.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Don't forget resto druid in bear form. They are 1/2 guardian too.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I know what you mean about guardian druid. I can't tell you the amount of times a guardian druid camps the Wardens emissary turn in on my realm. It takes at least 10 people to kill him.
    World PvP is completely different to instanced.

This thread is about instanced, where they are no problem. In world PvP they are another story. It's because of stat templating etc.