Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    He has plenty burst. Either ult does a shitton of damage if he has the tools to use them ( a support that keeps him alive or CC on the enemy ). His W can do devastating damage and the shuriken talent that makes them crit if they all hit is great for pushing forts/killing people.
    Ults aren't up constantly, and you really, really need CC to use them, otherwise they're easily avoided. W does okay damage, but you pretty much have to save it for escapes or kill securing, cause you are not gonna get kills with it even on half health heroes...and the shurikens are...just not that scary at all, sorry. I've used it, and been hit by it, and in either case the damage tickles, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Ults aren't up constantly, and you really, really need CC to use them, otherwise they're easily avoided. W does okay damage, but you pretty much have to save it for escapes or kill securing, cause you are not gonna get kills with it even on half health heroes...and the shurikens are...just not that scary at all, sorry. I've used it, and been hit by it, and in either case the damage tickles, nothing more.
    Well, I've been constantly getting MVP as Genji with top hero dmg so I don't know what to tell you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Well, I've been constantly getting MVP as Genji with top hero dmg so I don't know what to tell you.
    It tells you that either your team mates aren't great, or you're against a Tracer/Tychus/Li-Ming with Disintegrate who for some reason is trying to focus you while you're in the middle of everyone
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It tells you that either your team mates aren't great, or you're against a Tracer/Tychus/Li-Ming with Disintegrate who for some reason is trying to focus you while you're in the middle of everyone
    Or I know when to engage and deal mountains of damage with no threat to myself, because I am pretty good at playing assassins the way assassins should be played.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this discussion.

If you have insane KDR on Genji, it means you are doing your job without giving your opponent a chance to capitalize on your deaths. Sure Genji wouldn't be able to get those kills without any initial damage from rest of his team, but this is a team game where you pick a Hero based on their strengths and weaknesses. If Genji can finish people that rest of his team can not, he is totally deserving of MVP as taking an enemy Hero out of fight for 20+ seconds is bigger than just making them retreat.

I personally dislike the MVP system being based on numbers, but saying "your team mates are crap" is really bad argument. Finishers are always getting more glory, just look at any sport. However that doesn't mean it is easy to finish some sequences, you just need to understand your role.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Wow, the damage meter, that really shows the quality of a character.
    The only men that say size doesn't matter are the men with a small penis.

The damage meter + KDA is a perfectly fine way of assessing performance as long as your hero isn't someone that does ridiculous damage even when you play like shit ( like Gul'dan ).

- - - Updated - - -

Sure Genji wouldn't be able to get those kills without any initial damage from rest of his team
    Which is why he's the perfect assassin. He doesn't brawl, he goes in when the enemy is vulnerable ( low HP or used up their CC ) and wrecks them, then gets out.

As I said, he reminds me a lot of AP Master Yi during League's early seasons. That hero had a Q that hit like a truck and if you got a kill with it, it would reset.

That's Genji. His E+Q can do a lot of damage and if you get a kill you can keep going that.

10+ Year Old Account
    @pateuvasiliu

No Assassin is perfect, I guess your understanding of damage done + KDA is slightly off.

Gul'dan is there to do this massive AoE damage and set up kills with Horrify, he is opposite of Genji who excels at getting kills even deep in enemy lines. The fact Gul'dan doesn't get kills as long as he keeps dishing out the pain and staying alive is not making him sh*t, he is there to create opportunities. Genji can pad his damage numbers with mere harassment, which is also part of his job, but it is not true reflection of 'effective' damage as Gul'dan can pull out during team fights.

On the other hand you have Assassin like Ragnaros who is not very likely to reach massive damage and KDR when doing his job of holding solo lane and defending objectives.

This all leads to my initial point, you have Heroes of same role with very different jobs to fulfil. Having high damage and KDR can be misleading.

Just what can Genji do in the proper hands? Well...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140023127?t=5h6m40s

No Assassin is perfect,
    @RH92

I was saying he is perfect for the people that are used to assassins like in LoL/DotA where you play a glass cannon and have to wait for the right moment to enter the fight, before you get out and back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay then, makes sense. I never invested much time into DotA or LoL, I lack proper understanding of characters and their role there.

Genji will be on the free rotation starting tomorrow, so if you've been waiting to try him now is the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Genji will be on the free rotation starting tomorrow, so if you've been waiting to try him now is the time!
    Just be sure to run him with 4 premade healers, just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the game will be unplayable for first few days because all the bad people will play him just to fail miserably. Good!

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    So the game will be unplayable for first few days because all the bad people will play him just to fail miserably. Good!
    So like the recent Valeera week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So like the recent Valeera week!
    I didn't see any Valeera in my games, just countless Stitches ruining most games because they pick him into team without any CC and with a Hook accuracy of a blind man. Even if Hook connects, it doesn't matter anyway as nobody has cooldowns ready for it and they just use it in middle of fights instead of looking for sneaky blow ups.

Seriously, hatred for Stitches just grew high. It is either you have useless Tank as your frontline or you build entire team around Stitches and entrust your whole game into hands of some random guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I didn't see any Valeera in my games, just countless Stitches ruining most games because they pick him into team without any CC and with a Hook accuracy of a blind man. Even if Hook connects, it doesn't matter anyway as nobody has cooldowns ready for it and they just use it in middle of fights instead of looking for sneaky blow ups.

Seriously, hatred for Stitches just grew high. It is either you have useless Tank as your frontline or you build entire team around Stitches and entrust your whole game into hands of some random guy.
    Gotta love them Stitches that pick Gorge and essentially use it on cooldown, regardless of the target or situation. Gotta love this interaction:

- Stitches gorges a full health tank, when his team is not there yet.
    - Proceeds to spam pings for assistance
    - Said tank gets out of gorge, loses 30% of his health and goes back to his team
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2017-05-30 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    Genji is my favorite champion. He is so cool in design and his gamestyle is so refined and stylish.

Basically you are a oportunist who is always poking with melees and then when the target decides to run you used DASH to one shot them (as well as the other talent attack on the 1 keybind)

His only problem is that he does almost zero damage to tanks and some fighters like Leoric. He needs the enemy team to have squishy targets.

I take X-strike as my ultimate because it makes him even harder to get it and does decent damage to squishys.
    As for talents i level up all the PARRY ones. A shield, more damage and the quest to hit all nearby targets.

He is so awesome i can sometimes kill target behind towers with his dash, jump and parry to safety.