Thread: Disc Drawbacks

Disc Drawbacks

Discipline
    Aegis of Wrath now reduces the remaining absorb of Power Word: Shield by 3% every second.

Why are these types of drawbacks needed for disc? are they op without it?

Why is this a drawback? This change is actually a buff to the trait from what it was (player took 3% of the remaining shield in damage) since it won't increase damage taken, and it won't break things like Levitate.

We still get a 50% buff to PW:S with Aegis... and if you won't even notice the "negative" of the trait if you use PW:S properly.

It's not a drawback - what it does is provides a bonus for PWS used shortly before that player takes damage (that minimal degradation of the shield occurs) and a relative penalty for PWS used if that player doesn't take enough damage to break the shield.

Since PWS lasts 15 seconds before fading without damage, the bonus from Aegis varies from (50-3*15) to 50, or 5% to 50%, depending on when the shield is used up.

We should consider the major impact this has on Rapture as well. Rapturing before incoming raid damage was already powerful, with both of our Tier bonuses impacting it, but now Rapture has become extremely powerful.

I'm not sure you understand what has changed here, let alone what a drawback is.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Since PWS lasts 15 seconds before fading without damage, the bonus from Aegis varies from (50-3*15) to 50, or 5% to 50%, depending on when the shield is used up.
    Not exactly.
    If you had a 100k shield without this trait now you get:
    150k(15s)
    145k(14s)
    141k(13s)
    137k(12s)
    133k(11s)
    129k(10s)
    125k(09s)
    121k(08s)
    118k(07s)
    114k(06s)
    111k(05s)
    107k(04s)
    104k(03s)
    101k(02s)
    097k(01s)
    000k(00s)

As you can see, at the last second you drop below what you would have without the talent, but does that really matter all that much?
    If the shield ever takes any other damage before that last second it will be a net gain.

Now the real question that remains: Does this "damage" done to all our shields cause atonement healing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Why is this a drawback? This change is actually a buff to the trait from what it was (player took 3% of the remaining shield in damage) since it won't increase damage taken, and it won't break things like Levitate.
    It's technically a fix, and a "nerf" on the meters, since before the fix, it was registering some of the dmg the talent was doing as effective hps - obviously useless one. A buff should bring something extra, all this change does is not (insignificantly) pad meters and not break abilities that should not be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post

Now the real question that remains: Does this "damage" done to all our shields cause atonement healing?
    It is not damage anymore. The damaging debuff was removed (btw, my guildmates were very confused by it), and the shield is just slowly degrades over time. Nice QoL change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintra View Post
    It is not damage anymore. The damaging debuff was removed (btw, my guildmates were very confused by it), and the shield is just slowly degrades over time. Nice QoL change.
    Nah, I'd rather call it a shame :P
    I always wanted to dot my teammates up (bonus points for generating atonement healing that way).

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Nah, I'd rather call it a shame :P
    I always wanted to dot my teammates up (bonus points for generating atonement healing that way).
    You still got shadowmend
    And I don't think that dot produced any atonement healing
    The problem was that it was breaking levitate and things like that, and that was mildly annoying

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because that Artifact trait works wonder with Shield Discipline talent if you need to pop that shield for mana refund.