Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroes 2.0 Launch Event

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Heroes of the Storm 2.0 is just around the corner, and we’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be kicking off launch week celebrations with a live event on Twitch! Join us at 11:00 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, April 25 for a walkthrough of everything coming with Heroes of the Storm 2.0, live interviews with members of the development team, an exhibition match between two of our top HGC teams, as well as a brand new cinematic, which will reveal the next Hero coming to the Nexus!

Where to Watch
    Join us on Twitch to celebrate the release of Heroes of the Storm 2.0 during our launch event live stream at 11:00 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, April 25!

What's New With Heroes 2.0?

Don’t worry if you’re just now learning about Heroes of the Storm 2.0. Our event hosts, Anna Prosser Robinson and Kevin Johnson, have you covered. They will be joined on-stage by Game Director Alan Dabiri and https://twitter.com/kmicj for an in-depth discussion about all of the new features and changes coming to the Nexus with Heroes of the Storm 2.0, as well as their thoughts on Hanamura, Genji, and much more!

Hanamura Exhibition Match

There are few better ways to learn about a new Battleground than by watching the pros face off, which is why we’ve invited FNATIC and Team Dignitas, two of our top European HGC teams, to duke it out on Hanamura during the launch event! Cheer them on as they compete in a five-game exhibition match, where they’ll take home $1,000 USD for every win they rack up.

While all of the games will have already been played prior to the stream, Wade ‘Dreadnaught’ Penfold and Thomas ‘Khaldor’ Kilian will be live in the studio to cast every bit of the action. The developers will also be there to provide additional commentary about Hanamura’s design. After the first game, we’re going to unveil a brand new Hero and cinematic, and the rest of the exhibition will continue at 12:00 p.m. PDT.

Exclusive New Cinematic and Hero Reveal
    Stay tuned after the first Hanamura exhibition game to catch the worldwide debut of our brand new cinematic, which will unveil the next Hero who will be joining the Nexus in the weeks to come. Once you’ve watched the cinematic, we’ll head back to Anna, Kevin, and the Heroes devs to discuss the new Hero, as well as share details about the rewards you’ll earn by completing the Nexus Challenge 2.0.

The party doesn’t end there! We’re keeping the launch celebration going with the four remaining games from our Hanamura Exhibition Match between Team Dignitas and FNATIC. If you haven’t had the chance to check out Hanamura during the Heroes 2.0 Open Beta, or you simply love high-level Heroes play, then this is an exhibition match you’ll want to stick around for!

We hope you’re excited to join in the Heroes of the Storm 2.0 festivities during our launch event! Set a reminder for 11:00 a.m. PDT on April 25 and be sure to tune in to Twitch.tv/blizzheroes.

Until then, we'll see you in the Nexus!
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...vent-4-18-2017
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-04-18 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Hyped I just want to get 2.0 asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    By all that is holy, HotS team does it again. I am so hyped, love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stoked to be getting 2.0 underway, looking forward to everything they have in store.

It's gotta be a pretty high profile character if he's going to be in a cinematic, so no Probius, Cassia,... I wonder if it'll be Diablo related since he is in the top picture, alongside the most recently released heroes. I'm probably looking into it too much. I'm just hyped that were gonna get another hero reveal already in just a week, no matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    It's gotta be a pretty high profile character if he's going to be in a cinematic, so no Probius, Cassia,... I wonder if it'll be Diablo related since he is in the top picture, alongside the most recently released heroes. I'm probably looking into it too much. I'm just hyped that were gonna get another hero reveal already in just a week, no matter who it is.
    The French Heroes website used the feminine "heroine" up until recently to describe the next hero. And given everything at the moment is Overwatch-themed, it narrows down the list of potentials quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The French Heroes website used the feminine "heroine" up until recently to describe the next hero. And given everything at the moment is Overwatch-themed, it narrows down the list of potentials quite a lot.
    Not to mention a new cinematic is likely going to have an OW hero or two in it (probably a big reason they're doing it).

Lets hope this new cinematic is A-Mei-Zing!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Didn't they already reveal Genji as the new hero? It was in the 2.0 patch notes yesterday.

Yeah, if it is an OW hero I don't really see Widowmaker or Mercy being added either, so it's definitly a pretty narrow list.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Lets hope this new cinematic is A-Mei-Zing!
    It'd be pretty interesting if the cinematic was Symmetra-ic.. No? Okay, I tried. I'd like DVA/Mei or Orissa is I'd have to pick, Orissa seems very unlikely since she's so new though.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2017-04-18 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I feel the same way, I don't think it has anything to do with Overwatch, Genji and the map is enough for right now. I'm really expecting a major lore character (from WoW). Only question from there is if it will be a hero or a villain. Best case scenario is KT.

Although that's based on the hero having a large presence, dramatic entrance, leading a charge into battle, etc. If they're just randomly in the middle of things, it could be anyone.
    Last edited by Fabray; 2017-04-18 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Didn't they already reveal Genji as the new hero? It was in the 2.0 patch notes yesterday.
    Another one will be revealed next Tuesday.

15+ Year Old Account
    My money's on D.Va
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just caught up, the hype is real! The exhibition match should be a great bit of fun, best teams (eu bias, come at me) and best casters <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    My money's on D.Va
    Mine too.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I also think the upcoming hero will be a high profile one, so not Overwatch. Since he will be revealed in a cinematic, its likely someone who was already used in Blizzard CGI (cheaper to producde). My bet is Malthael, highly anticipated, big Diablo hero.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I also think the upcoming hero will be a high profile one, so not Overwatch. Since he will be revealed in a cinematic, its likely someone who was already used in Blizzard CGI (cheaper to producde). My bet is Malthael, highly anticipated, big Diablo hero.
    They could reveal literally anyone in the cinematic. It doesn't have to be a high profile character at all since not every cinematic has had one in the past. I honestly think it's going to be another OW character since there's a reason they pushed up the reveal to match the release of the new OW map and Genji. It's a female character as leaked by the French website and since Blizz stated this year is all about supports I suspect it's going to either be an OW support, maybe Ana or just another female OW character that's popular like D.VA maybe.

What do I have to sacrifice and to whom to get another main tank in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    They could reveal literally anyone in the cinematic. It doesn't have to be a high profile character at all since not every cinematic has had one in the past. I honestly think it's going to be another OW character since there's a reason they pushed up the reveal to match the release of the new OW map and Genji. It's a female character as leaked by the French website and since Blizz stated this year is all about supports I suspect it's going to either be an OW support, maybe Ana or just another female OW character that's popular like D.VA maybe.
    Yeah remember when they were having a big Starcraft event and were gonna introduce 2 new heroes so everyone was assuming SC heroes and we got Alarak and...Zarya? Yeah, I remember that. And since this isn't even being sold as a big OW event, I really don't see why the assumption would be that it's another OW hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah remember when they were having a big Starcraft event and were gonna introduce 2 new heroes so everyone was assuming SC heroes and we got Alarak and...Zarya? Yeah, I remember that. And since this isn't even being sold as a big OW event, I really don't see why the assumption would be that it's another OW hero.
    I could absolutely be mistaken with my assumption. They're coming out with a Nexus Challenge for 2.0, the last one was an OW event tied to it and now we got an OW map with an OW hero. It just makes sense they'd add another OW hero since they have the fewest heroes from that universe and not enough out for a daily quest for them yet.

Don't get me wrong, I wish they'd add a real badass hero that people really want like Deathwing, Malthael, Baal, and personally my most wanted hero which is Kel'Thuzad. We almost for certain know it's going to be a female so a lot of these are out the window and there's 3 OW supports that are female, two of which would be great fits to HotS. This is of course assumes it'll be a support at all but Blizzard has mentioned many times that 2017 is the year of the supports so they're going to be adding a lot more. Like I said it could very well be D.Va since it's a female OW hero and the fact that she's immensely popular. This is just my thoughts and opinion on the matter though so you never really know what they're gonna do.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Rawrajishxc

The fact they said 2017 is year of Supports doesn't mean one in four latest Hero releases is a Support.

I don't know why, but I expect the next Hero to be from Warcraft universe since we already received two from Overwatch and one from both Diablo and Starcraft. On the other hand I also expect it to be a Warrior, if the rumour of it being a female character is true, I can think of only one character that could potentially fulfil all three criteria.

I would die from hype if it was a Maiev. I mean, she is already quite popular and she wears a plate armour for a reason! Given she is a Night Elf, there is a high chance to see a stealth mechanic on her which could be fun for a Warrior role.

Two reasons I don't expect it to be another OW hero:

1)Lucio is still a recent release(as well as being an OW support), and Genji is already announced. I don't see them doing ANOTHER Overwatch hero in such a short time frame. It's already got basically the smallest roster in terms of possible heroes compared to the other games, so it seems they'd be staggered a bit more.

2)2.0 is supposed to be a real big event...it kinda stands to reason that as such, for their hero announcement it will be some big, highly anticipated hero with more history behind them, not another OW hero with only a little bit of backstory to them(for the same reason, I don't see the new hero being a "joke/comedy" hero like Cow King, or a "generic unit" hero like Firebat). A lot of people already get annoyed that bigtime lore characters are left out or delayed in favor of a fairly new game, so I figure this next announcement will be tossing THOSE players a bone to counteract their bitching at getting an OW hero in Genji next.

Sure, it could be another OW hero and I could be totally wrong of course, but it just strikes me as a bit unlikely.