Poll: Do you agree that raid chests should be limited to bosses you've already killed?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Raid Chests should only award loot from bosses you've killed

Hello there.

I'm currently 4/10 M in Nighthold and progressing Tichondrius, I just recently got my weekly chest upgraded to mythic quality, and managed to get my hands on a lovely 925 Titanforged Ring of the Scoured Clan. Which drops from Gul'Dan on Mythic, the last boss of the instance

I know, I know, I got insanely lucky, and I'll be even more lucky if I down Gul'dan before Tomb releases, which is why I find it utterly ridiculous, no matter how small the chance is, that you're able to get loot from a boss you haven't even killed yet.

Since the chest essentially acts as a free bonus roll, my suggestion is that it only draws from the loot tables of bosses you've already killed. That way you still have a chance of getting an upgrade without disrespecting the raiders that actually killed the boss to get the loot.

Deleted
    Make an alt, bring that alt only to bosses with very desirable items. Farm chests. You see the problem?

They should remove the chest alltogether. Make bonus rolls guaranteed loot drops, and remove all other sources of current raid gear. Chests, relinquished tokens etc. Those sources of current raid gear shouldn't be there. 925 arcano crystal is insane (from relinquished).

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Make an alt, bring that alt only to bosses with very desirable items. Farm chests. You see the problem?

They should remove the chest alltogether. Make bonus rolls guaranteed loot drops, and remove all other sources of current raid gear. Chests, relinquished tokens etc. Those sources of current raid gear shouldn't be there. 925 arcano crystal is insane (from relinquished).
    That is definetely a huge problem. I didn't consider the possibility of exploitation.

In that case I agree, get rid of the chest altogether.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if you've been farming 4/10 for say a month now. Wouldn't it be absolute shit if you received an item off those 4 bosses which you already have? Because that happens also. With a limited loot table you'd be almost guaranteed to get a dupe unless you had just killed a new boss recently. There's also bosses that have garbage itemization so you're praying to the WOW gods you don't get that 13th pair of the same gloves.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    With a limited loot table you'd be almost guaranteed to get a dupe unless you had just killed a new boss recently.
    And this is why the loot table for the chest spans the entire raid and not just your own personal kills. This way there's a chance that, even if you are very unlucky in the actual raids, you and your raidgroup might get the gear boost you need to progress further.

And that is how it should be.

Deleted
    Chests shouldn't have been awarded in first place. Whole "offline progression" thing does not belong to MMORPG. Want to get rewards? Play game, not click buttons.

But as they exist and won't be removed, I don't see reason to limit to few bosses. It is supposed to be some kind of progression or catch up stuff, but it would only punish those with worse progression instead of helping them.

And grats on your ring!

Those chests are "charity" from Blizzard to enable you to progress. Lets face it, people still progressing probably need a little bump here and there. Be thankful and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Those chests are "charity" from Blizzard to enable you to progress. Lets face it, people still progressing probably need a little bump here and there. Be thankful and move on.
    "people still progressing" is everyone except 169 guilds right now. So basically everyone. "A little bump" is fine, but you can give that bump by making bonus rolls guaranteed (1 coin per week would be enough then), which would be a far more rewarding and satisfiyng system then yet another RNG shitfest. And it would actually be based on your own ability, not pure welfare/luck 8since you need to kill the boss to coin it).

It's a slight nerf to the instance by giving you loot, don't look further.

But yes, mythic gear is no longer an excitement.. not only can you get better loot outside of mythic raiding now, but they also have chests to give it to you before you kill the boss.

IMO, THAT is indeed an issue.. loot is way too easy to get now. I am going to guess they did studies and when they were dropping 3 loot for 25 people, people gave for reason they hated to raid for no drop and that's why we have that now.

what's actually your problem with the current system?

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Chests shouldn't have been awarded in first place. Whole "offline progression" thing does not belong to MMORPG. Want to get rewards? Play game, not click buttons.

But as they exist and won't be removed, I don't see reason to limit to few bosses. It is supposed to be some kind of progression or catch up stuff, but it would only punish those with worse progression instead of helping them.

And grats on your ring!
    The chests aren't really offline progression anymore, they're just an extra item equivalent to the difficulty you are progressing on for doing a raid. It's fair to call it charity as @Deja Thoris did. The mission is far less relevant than the kill an LFR boss though, which is what gives you the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Just be happy, its incredibly RNG. I'm 6/10M yet I haven't received an upgrade from the chests in god knows how long. My latest item was a neck with poor stats with a lower ilvl item than my currently equipped one. I think the current system is fine except for the huge range on TF. Perhaps they should simply not go beyond a +10 ilvl in WF/TF when it comes to caches so as to keep some scope for regular upgrades through content.

Deleted
    It's a piece of loot every 2 weeks, helps you progress further into an instance that your item level is already inflated for. It's fine.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    No. Quite honestly this game doesn't need any more fun things removed from it. Some people get butthurt because once in a blue moon someone gets a really nice titanforge on an item, or somewhat more commonly they actually get a piece of loot they can use (Most of the time myself and my guildies seem to get the same shit we have, or a piece of loot that's just vendor trash.) - and that's fine. They can just stay butthurt.

1. It's really only once every two weeks that you get the mission/weekend event for the loot.
    2. What's the point of giving you loot from a boss you've got on farm?

It's a nice bonus. It's already somewhat controlled by having to kill x number of kills in normal to be able to get a normal. It's fine.

Deleted
    It's actually once every 10 days

And with all the other titanforged stuff around (M+ does not even need that many rolls to get better-than-mythic gear) it doesn't really matter. You need 12 kills of a specific difficulty to get the chest for it anyway, so slower guilds take more time to get the juicy mythic chest.

I think it's OK, but maybe I'm biased because I got the Gul'dan mythic caster trinket in my first one

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    I just recently got my weekly chest upgraded to mythic quality
    What chest are you talking about? The one that gives you AP and an item from M+ from last week?

What does that chest have to do with your Mythic Raid progression? it drops loot based on the m+ dungeon you did last week.

Or am i missing something?
    Last edited by Korban; 2017-04-19 at 06:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lmao, "disrespecting" other raiders. You want to have an issue with current loot in raids, look at heroic items that roll max ilvl, there's the real disrespect. Might aswell
    just farm heroic for titanforged stuff if you're in this game for the gear upgrades.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

It's fine. There are lots of issues with loot in Legion but this is not one of them, it's a chance at a bonus piece of loot based on your current progress. There are so many items on the loot list the chances of even getting something useful in my experience is rare: since HM when this was first introduced I've gotten a total of about 5 items that were actually an upgrade, everything else has gone in the trash.

Voted NO ... the chest is meant to be a bonus, a bonus doesn't mean something you already have - it means something you might not have.

However, I might concede that tier pieces off bosses you haven't killed be excluded.... that's about as far as I'd compromise to the OP's point.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.