Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms buffs fervor - ww

oh snap is it time for whirlwind spec in pve

Deleted
    As long as Avatar is in the same talent row, no it certainly is not.

Deleted
    Arms will still be dog shit.

Deleted
    Whirlwind with Fervor of Battle will be an absolute blast to play. Add In for the Kill and its perfect synergy with Executioner's Precision into the mix and Sweeping Strikes will round up the Mythic+ Juggernauts.

I'm not too sure about single target though :\

Deleted
    Can a theory crafter please respond to this thread and let us know if Fervor is viable now?

I'm dying to delete this focused rage build from my life.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmrace View Post
    Can a theory crafter please respond to this thread and let us know if Fervor is viable now?

I'm dying to delete this focused rage build from my life.
    As someone above stated, if it's in the same row as Avatar forget it. Stacking Avatar + Pots + Bloodlust will always be the go to. There could be few exceptions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    As someone above stated, if it's in the same row as Avatar forget it. Stacking Avatar + Pots + Bloodlust will always be the go to. There could be few exceptions.
    Numbers...........

Quote Originally Posted by Abenbobo View Post
    As long as Avatar is in the same talent row, no it certainly is not.
    This was what I thought before some testing on PTR.

But there are too many ways to buff WW: Trauma %25, you can add 4 more points into WW trait %20(and finaly have a trait worth relics) , potentially 33% from WW belt and %140 from Cleave on top of 80% with fervor and 20% base WW buff.

On PTR WW does more damage than MS. Trauma and WW traits will increase it by 50%(1.2 X 1.25) on ST.
    If this was live right now I would definetly go Fervor of Battle.

This will be (PTR numbers) about as viable a talent as it is currently on live, but sure enjoy yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    This was what I thought before some testing on PTR.

But there are too many ways to buff WW: Trauma %25, you can add 4 more points into WW trait %20(and finaly have a trait worth relics) , potentially 33% from WW belt and %140 from Cleave on top of 80% with fervor and 20% base WW buff.

On PTR WW does more damage than MS. Trauma and WW traits will increase it by 50%(1.2 X 1.25) on ST.
    If this was live right now I would definetly go Fervor of Battle.
    Lets not forget that Fervor only increases WW damage to the primary target, the only way it could possibly work would be to replace Avatar in the standard build.. So you'd play exactly as you do now and replace Slam with WW and lose Avatar. There is no win with this situation, losing burst damage potential and overall dps for a better filler (higher dps outside avatar window) only has niche/situational use.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-04-20 at 06:49 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This will be (PTR numbers) about as viable a talent as it is currently on live, but sure enjoy yourselves.

Lets not forget that Fervor only increases WW damage to the primary target, the only way it could possibly work would be to replace Avatar in the standard build.. So you'd play exactly as you do now and replace Slam with WW and lose Avatar. There is no win with this situation, losing burst damage potential and overall dps for a better filler (higher dps outside avatar window) only has niche/situational use.
    Avatar's uptime is 22% which results in 4.4% overall dps incrase. Let's double it because you use DoS and BC always in Avatar window. so it is less than 10% overall dps. While Fervor is 80% increase to your most used ability. It may win over Avatar dps wise. But let's assume it will be a dps loss I will still go Fervor if the loss is not huge. It smooths the rotation and brings FR to its original pupose: to increase damage of next MS. Seems to be more fun to me.

The talent i m worried to lose is not avatar and not even AM. It is Titanic Might becuase you may have to pick Trauma for Fervor. TM is realy good on PTR. Guaranteed permanent CS debuff and with it you never have a bad luck on tactitian.
    Last edited by LazyCoding; 2017-04-20 at 08:02 AM.

who the fuck uses whirlwind as arms?

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    Avatar's uptime is 22% which results in 4.4% overall dps incrase. Let's double it because you use DoS and BC always in Avatar window. so it is less than 10% overall dps. While Fervor is 80% increase to your most used ability. It may win over Avatar dps wise. But let's assume it will be a dps loss I will still go Fervor if the loss is not huge. It smooths the rotation and brings FR to its original pupose: to increase damage of next MS. Seems to be more fun to me.

The talent i m worried to lose is not avatar and not even AM. It is Titanic Might becuase you may have to pick Trauma for Fervor. TM is realy good on PTR. Guaranteed permanent CS debuff and with it you never have a bad luck on tactitian.
    It doesn't change anything, Slam is already more rage efficient than FR even on live, more so the case in the next patch when FR becomes more expensive and Slam damage is buffed by by 45%.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    who the fuck uses whirlwind as arms?
    Right now noone. in 7.2.5 everyone who will talent Fervor.

Deleted
    didnt expected they would made arms even more aids

Whirlwind Barb, is dat you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Deleted
    It doesn't change anything, Slam is already more rage efficient than FR even on live, more so the case in the next patch when FR becomes more expensive and Slam damage is buffed by by 45%.
    So are we still using FR then? Even with the nerf.

Also how much of a dps loss would it be to go with fervor?

Quote Originally Posted by grimmrace View Post
    So are we still using FR then? Even with the nerf.

Also how much of a dps loss would it be to go with fervor?
    Lets just say you can run Ferver and get away with it, but not running FR is not an option. We're talking in the region of 20% dps as a rough estimate between FR and non FR. I can't give you a solid number difference on Avatar/Ferver, it depends on what Legendaries you run, whether you have Draught of Souls, fight type etc.

Also you wouldn't use Whirlwind during the execute phase, you still use avatar during that

Deleted
    Lets just say you can run Ferver and get away with it, but not running FR is not an option. We're talking in the region of 20% dps as a rough estimate between FR and non FR. I can't give you a solid number difference on Avatar/Ferver, it depends on what Legendaries you run, whether you have Draught of Souls, fight type etc.
    I have the shoulders and legs (heroic leap duo).

Well, at least it seems WW is viable substitute for slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Also you wouldn't use Whirlwind during the execute phase, you still use avatar during that
    So essentially, you're saying fervor still can't be taken?

It's the same story, if you take these talents it's not whether they are viable, its how much damage are you willing to lose for the opportunity.