Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will NEVER whitelist this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Idk maybe the Something Awful approach would be good, a 1 time fee of however much you think is appropriate. Would curb shitpost accounts and if banned you would have to buy another account. Moderation would need to be reevaluated in a situation like that.
    That's a thought.. But I reckon the website is most interested in the home page traffic and ad revenue from there. It's not a bad idea if forums were the issue. (But I don't run a website. I dunno)

Anyway, I won't whitelist this website. The creators have pushed a lot of crap ad wise in the past. Absolutely no trust. (or good will for that matter)
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2017-04-20 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Would a MMOC specific membership be something you are interested in?
    I would be.... but it would have to be affordable. For the life of WoW, I see myself coming here....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Just whitelisted, and the ads are now acceptable. There is a video ad, but its default is muted. I see some non-annoying banners and another small static ad. I'm happy with this.

MMO Champion's adds always crashes my phone's internet. Blocking the adds is the only thing that allows me to be able to use it on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Would a MMOC specific membership be something you are interested in?
    I would honestly rather you have an optional fee as a trade off for browsing with no adds. I do it on other sights. I'm not sure how much you would need to charge per month per customer to stay profitable. If it means no adds at all, and very fast and responsive site navigating, I'd drop $5 a month without batting an eye, as this site is basically open always for me. May not post much, but i'm always here lol.

Why not put a poll on the front page describing the revenue challenges like this:

Ladies and gentlemen, our ad infrastructure is being bypassed by adblockers routinely. We would like to gauge the interest in having a membership run site.
    Basically, the site will load no ads whatsoever, when you participate in the membership option. Please vote and give input so we can see if this would be something the community would like to have available to them.

1) Yes to membership with zero ads-$5/Mo
    2) Yes to membership with zero ads and Cool Avatar frame for supporting the site- $10/mo
    3) No, can't/won't pay monthly
    Obviously, you would have to decide the actual amount to charge each account, once you see how many will participate and then crunch the numbers for profitability. I think with how popular this site is, you'd have a large number of supporters and a whole new avenue for revenue.

I'll be first to sign up for the $10/mo option!

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Enlighten me, what is this Brave? No ads while no adblockers sounds kinda like opposites of whats possible.
    A new browser.

https://brave.com/

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to give them a chance and disabled my adblock here after i saw the pop-up. Didnt take me more than 5 minutes for me to turn it back on. Even 30 seconds after loading this topic the page would still be establishing connections, waiting for ad urls and loading all kinds of crap. I tend to leave my pc on 24/7 and i dont want it to keep doing stuff once i leave my pc. I understand the main page doesnt load completely until you scroll down, but when im at the bottom of a small page like this i want my browser to stop loading, even if its just because having the status bar at the bottom of the screen move all the time is annoying. I'm not sure if MMO-champion has a lot of choice about how ads are delivered from 3rd parties, but they might want to step it up.

Haha, finally some good news... I have been blocking ads for years and years, no mercy, no whitelist. My main intent is to punish the entire ad industry for their bullshit invasive ads. And just today I read an article in which sources claim that ad companies are recording significantly less traffic and it's still decreasing. The Guardian has filed a lawsuit against their ad supplier, the Washington Post has canceled many contracts with ad suppliers, because they were "not reader friendly enough".

IT WORKS!

As a reaction to the decline in ad revenue across the board, Google is rumoured to be working on an adblocker themselves. The idea is to set a standard for ads so people like me may rethink their decision. Specifically targetted seem to be "video ads with sound", popup ads, pre-pages with a countdown and "large ad banners". Finally it pays off to be stubborn about this.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I just downloaded uBlock too, based on the suggestions of the few threads about this whitelist pop-up notification i got. Very useful, cheers!
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes ads help support the site. But when it's blocking 20 or more ads you can see the reason why myself and a lot of people use it.
    Adblock the request.

I am surprised these threads are not being closed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    MMO Champion's adds always crashes my phone's internet. Blocking the adds is the only thing that allows me to be able to use it on my phone.
    what do you use to block ads on phones? i'd love to use one!
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hell some of the old ads on here would fucking give me malware warnings from my anti virus.
    Yeah this site is why I run adblock type programs. The malware warnings would happen often. The extremely annoying adds at the bottom of the screen that would blare noise 10 time louder then anything I listen to was also infuriating. I would love to support the site, but the adds used here are far too questionable.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact:

You can adblock the request. I'm not advocating anything, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Probably because they are good presentation on how stupid OP and his "followers" are. This place is MMO-C's castle, they can do whatever shit they like. Blocking adds? Either deal with consequences or .. well, you can just disappear and not use this site ever again. With adds blocked you're no value for MMO-C so why should they give a damn about you leaving the site.

Anyway, blocking adds as well. The moment they stop providing content with addblocker on I'm just gone. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonite View Post
    I'm not sure if MMO-champion has a lot of choice about how ads are delivered from 3rd parties, but they might want to step it up.
    There is always a choice. If the current add provider does not have such option, there are many others to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The idea is to set a standard for ads so people like me may rethink their decision. Specifically targetted seem to be "video ads with sound", popup ads, pre-pages with a countdown and "large ad banners". Finally it pays off to be stubborn about this.
    As an add-provider employee I really wish this would happen. But I'm afraid it's not the time. Clients want to be "seen" no matter what; they don't care someone is being annoyed by their add. And they are even willing to pay more for being annoying.
    Last edited by Maslenka; 2017-04-20 at 02:07 PM.

I use ublock origin and i do not get the notice at the bottom like others. Maybe its tarted at adblock

I don't get the notification on my work computer but I do on my home PC. Both running ublock, strange.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

I'm interested in collecting feedback, not stopping discussion of it. We are testing something new to try and avoid other annoying solutions, such as ads that go through adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    As a reaction to the decline in ad revenue across the board, Google is rumoured to be working on an adblocker themselves. The idea is to set a standard for ads so people like me may rethink their decision. Specifically targetted seem to be "video ads with sound", popup ads, pre-pages with a countdown and "large ad banners". Finally it pays off to be stubborn about this.
    None of those (other than large ad banners, depending on your definition) are something we display.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use ublock origin and i do not get the notice at the bottom like others. Maybe its tarted at adblock
    I use ublock origin and have received this notification. Obnoxious, but not changing my stance. Until ads are actually moderated full-time, it'll stay on.