Sephuz is actually pretty good? (Prot)

I've been using sephuz in m+ more and more over pyrdaz and the shoulders because I also have the waist. Those are my only ones I have besides angry hat. I usually have 2 sets. One for adds and one for boss tanking. Adds is waist+sephuz. I somehow got my stats to a relatively decent amount. Like 28-30% haste and like 2% vers and 35% mastery. Although fairly low, I am finding much success. My tank set is same stats but with pyrdaz+sephuz.

The damage and haste that sephuz brings is really nice on most things. But I can't help but feel like it's just because I don't have the gloves or wrist. Once I get either of those. Will their value overshadow sephuz? Because of stat allocations and effect? That's a lot of haste I'll have to move around but Wil that be a net gain for dropping sephuz to use the gloves or wrist in either set?

That said, because pyrdaz is so lack luster because I can't control the shield and I have some decent replacement necks. I am starting to feel like the waist might be better for tanking bosses after the buff since more demo means more booming voice coupled with anger management means more rage means more survivability. Although only 3 seconds on most encounters off demo for boss tanking is starting to seem to outweigh pyrdaz uses.

This is me just partly rambling but also seeking some opinions since I don't have gloves or wrist. I want to hear some opinions about sephuz use and pyrdaz use in different encounters in m+. Because later on when I get those if whenever I would like to at least have a basis to help make some conclusions.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasboro View Post
    I've been using sephuz in m+ more and more over pyrdaz and the shoulders because I also have the waist. Those are my only ones I have besides angry hat. I usually have 2 sets. One for adds and one for boss tanking. Adds is waist+sephuz. I somehow got my stats to a relatively decent amount. Like 28-30% haste and like 2% vers and 35% mastery. Although fairly low, I am finding much success. My tank set is same stats but with pyrdaz+sephuz.

The damage and haste that sephuz brings is really nice on most things. But I can't help but feel like it's just because I don't have the gloves or wrist. Once I get either of those. Will their value overshadow sephuz? Because of stat allocations and effect? That's a lot of haste I'll have to move around but Wil that be a net gain for dropping sephuz to use the gloves or wrist in either set?

That said, because pyrdaz is so lack luster because I can't control the shield and I have some decent replacement necks. I am starting to feel like the waist might be better for tanking bosses after the buff since more demo means more booming voice coupled with anger management means more rage means more survivability. Although only 3 seconds on most encounters off demo for boss tanking is starting to seem to outweigh pyrdaz uses.

This is me just partly rambling but also seeking some opinions since I don't have gloves or wrist. I want to hear some opinions about sephuz use and pyrdaz use in different encounters in m+. Because later on when I get those if whenever I would like to at least have a basis to help make some conclusions.
    I haven't played with Sephuz much, but the bracers overshadow Prydaz considerably. I am currently using bracers and belt with BV/AM and it's a ton of extra damage and rage and thus healing. Only 3 legs to go for me and the gloves are one of em. I want to try them out and originally wanted to go bracers gloves because of their synergy, but the more i play with the belt the more i want to keep it on as well, it really can be a lot of fun to play with (skorp cheesing is hilarious). I think with solid heals the belt and gloves are a very strong combo. Besides, if you're doing enough AoE pulls you'll get VR procs here and there to help anyways.
    Last edited by KrotosTheTank; 2017-04-19 at 08:58 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It's decent, better than several others, especially considering the circumstances of various encounters.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

We need haste and have multiple ways to proc it, so yes it is good. Especially for M+, but I also use it for Elisande.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I had Sephuz before it was buffed (running w/gloves) and it was good for prot then. I'm lucky enough to have since snagged the belt and so belt/gloves are what I use in M+ now.

To one of OP's question: wrists will overshadow ring in higher mythics and on certain affixes (necrotic, grievous); gloves...well, they overshadow pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    I had Sephuz before it was buffed (running w/gloves) and it was good for prot then. I'm lucky enough to have since snagged the belt and so belt/gloves are what I use in M+ now.

To one of OP's question: wrists will overshadow ring in higher mythics and on certain affixes (necrotic, grievous); gloves...well, they overshadow pretty much everything.
    That's what I thought. If the ring was optimized well I think it would be a contender but it's so bad besides haste.

Sephuz is good. It is go to choice for M+.

I got Sephuz last week and was initially pretty bummed, because I was remembering the pre-buff version. Tried it out and was pleasantly surprised. I have gloves/Walls Fell and I only run M+, so it was a good replacement from the other leg ring. Dunno how I missed noticing that it had gotten buffed.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!