7.2.5 Trinket - Incontrovertible Truth, holy shit?

Looking at the main page, of the latest PTR build, I noticed the following trinket is being added:

Incontrovertible Truth

This looks incredibly powerful for the Chaos Blades build, doesn't it?

Where's it going to drop from? Do we know?

Without doing any math whatsoever, I'm going guesstimate that it will be decent but nowhere near godly.
    Reasoning:

#1 - the base stat is vers
    #2 - it's cd doesn't line up with CB/nem

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    Without doing any math whatsoever, I'm going guesstimate that it will be decent but nowhere near godly.
    Reasoning:

#1 - the base stat is vers
    #2 - it's cd doesn't line up with CB/nem
    You can say the same (to both points) about the Majordomo Dinner Bell yet.... There it is. One of the highest rated trinkets.

Vers better than stamina.
    Delay it's on use to be in-line with Nemesis/Chaos Blades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    Where's it going to drop from? Do we know?
    Not yet.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post
    You can say the same (to both points) about the Majordomo Dinner Bell yet.... There it is. One of the highest rated trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Not yet.

/10char
    THE highest rated trinket and it's a 1.5m activation with stamina, definitely worse than vers dps-wise :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post

Vers better than stamina.
    Delay it's on use to be in-line with Nemesis/Chaos Blades.
    A 900-ish dinner bell gives about 8500 worth of stats for 15 sec.
    This thing here only lasts 6 secs and only starts at 3400 stats and then ramping up (6 second ramp up lulz). It's already worse than dinner bell.

That's enough 24/7 vers to add over 15k dps to a sim, it's not irrelevant. The wording may imply stacking to longer duration as well (+6 sec for each "tier")

Definitely looks like it will improve burst. something DH's excel at.

Six seconds isn't that great, it'd be better if it increased the duration on proc. The only time I can see this being great is during meta with bloodlust active, so we can reliably get at least 6 CS in during that 6 second period. I guess we'll have to see if 6 Chaos Strikes, 2 with 3,383 extra Agility, 3 with 12,781 extra Agility, and the last with 22,179 extra Agility is giving enough extra damage to offset not having a trinket the rest of the time.

I can see this being pretty awesome in a 2 minute meta build, holding the trinket for each use.

Also, I suppose if you can open with a Death Sweep and also use a Death Sweep for the final use while it's at +22,179 it could be pretty powerful.

So your specials would look something like this, along with every auto attack in between each one:

Edit: After reading it again, it looks like every third strike will have the higher agility value, but that's it? I assumed that every third strike increased the magnitude from that point ONWARD, but it doesn't look to be that way. Here's what it would look like if every third strike added an additional ~9k (whatever the number is), as I originally thought:

Attack 1: +3,383 Agi
    Attack 2: +3,383 Agi
    Attack 3: +12,781 Agi
    Attack 4: +12,781 Agi
    Attack 5: +12,781 Agi
    Attack 6: +22,179 Agi
    Attack 7-8: +22,179 Agi

And here's how it would look if every third strike gained that extra agility, but ONLY that strike:

Attack 3: +9,398 Agi
    Attack 4: +3,383 Agi
    Attack 5: +3,383 Agi
    Attack 6: +9,398 Agi
    Attack 7: +3,383 Agi
    Attack 8: +3,383 Agi
    Attack 9: +9,398 Agi

If this second example is how it will actually work, that kinda sucks. If so, though, it looks like we'll really need to track our ability usage and the buff's uptime to min/max this thing; in theory, you would want to Death Sweep/Blade Dance on a third strike whenever possible. This may be difficult with the cooldown, so it might work out to be:

1: Annihilation
    2: Annihilation
    3: Death Sweep
    4: Annihilation
    5: Annihilation
    6: Annihilation (This strike has extra agility but Death Sweep is not up yet; use the most powerful thing you can, most likely Ann)
    7: Annihilation
    8: Annihilation
    9: Death Sweep

That is, assuming you have enough haste via Meta (and possibly bloodlust) to reduce your GCD by enough to get this many hits in within 6 seconds. I believe our GCD reduces down to 0.5 seconds with enough haste, right? If so, that means we can fit 12 globals into that 6 second duration if used during Meta/Heroism (and we have enough haste through that). It also relies on not being Fury starved; missing just ONE gcd due to low Fury means you will 100% guaranteed miss out on your fourth and final "third ability" with the extra agility.

Again, I know our GCD is lowered by haste, but I can't remember if it can be lowered to 1.0 or 0.5. If it's 1.0, this is kind of "meh". That means 6 abilities max with our GCD at its minimum, only two of which will have the higher agility, and with no way to use both "third strikes" for Death Sweep.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-04-20 at 07:54 AM.

looks like a poor mans dinner bell / horn of valor.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Attack 3: +12,781 Agi
    Attack 4: +12,781 Agi
    Attack 5: +12,781 Agi
    Attack 6: +22,179 Agi
    Attack 7-8: +22,179 Agi
    how did you get these numbers though? where it say increases up to, doesn't that mean 9398 is the max the stat will reach?

10+ Year Old Account
    do those aa's update the timer? 6 seconds seems really eh

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    how did you get these numbers though? where it say increases up to, doesn't that mean 9398 is the max the stat will reach?
    You're right, I must have misread it. When it said "increases the magnitude" I took that as "increases the strength by", but it looks as if its saying it increases to, not by. It's kind of a weird use of the word "magnitude" imo. I'll update that post now, thanks!

Majordomo Dinner Bell is only strong coz its Mastery on use and only in a CB Build. It's shit otherwise.

If the CD always stays a 6s, which I asume, then I don't think its a good trinket.

- stat is versa (currently our weakest stat)
    - on use is agi ( not our best stat / atleast for me: crit & mastery is stronger)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    do those aa's update the timer? 6 seconds seems really eh
    The way I read it, no. Just the potency. If it did I'd consider the trinket very strong, but for 6 secs, I'll stick with my ilvl 905 Horn of Valor