7+ Year Old Account

urgent trinket question.

im an incredibly big noob when it comes to trinkets, so forgive me if i seem stupid.

so, earlier i ran mythic 9 arcway and got the chrono shard trinket (titanforged).
    and well... is it any good for holy priests?

currently im using perfectly preserved cake and amalgams seventh spine as mana trinket, the shard would boost my ilvl quite a bit but i dont know if it will help or worsen my performance.

here's my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sherana/simple

any tips?

Formerly known as Arafal

What ilvl is the chrono shard?

If its a high enough ilvl over your spine you can use it over that for extra throughput on fights you dont need the mana just due to the (im assuming) higher intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraychicken View Post
    What ilvl is the chrono shard?

If its a high enough ilvl over your spine you can use it over that for extra throughput on fights you dont need the mana just due to the (im assuming) higher intellect.
    its 905, with 368 overall more intellect than the spine.
    ye, i'll try it out today and check if there's any difference.

thanks for the reply.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    885 Spine with socket... (E: did I see it right? seems like it's gone now) I'd keep it, unless you have a Blessing of Wisdom and Innervate available for every fight. Sure, Nighthold might have put more emphasis on Prayer of Mending/PoH, but Flash Heal is still a core part of our toolkit. Even if your healing is focused on few targets, Amalgam will still return a huge chunk of mana, making it well worth it despite lower item level. Especially since 885 isn't really that low.

Also, check you logs, see how much mana you save thanks to Spine and decide if it's worth it. Over the course of a long fight, it's probably equal to double Leytorrent, except without 20s pause in healing.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-04-20 at 12:06 PM.

Deleted
    Amalgam's lost a lot of value when we switched from Trail of Light to Enlightenment. I advise you to use the chrono shard and go Enlightenment (enlightenment is basically a mana trinket anyways). Cake+Chrono shard is fine, but of course a high mastery stat stick or perhaps a map from star augur would be better than the chrono shard as haste really isn't all too good for us. Be careful when chrono shard procs so you don't spam too much and waste your mana (unless you need to. Overhealing is your enemy).

Good luck! ^.^