10+ Year Old Account

Forum Rules Revisited/Evolved

Do you ever go back and change the rule or amend them?

Why are there a select few trigger words that get infractions rather than the entire tone or subject of a post?

For example:
    If I simply call you a troll. I may or may not get an infraction. But it is against forum rules.

But if I not so cleverly define a troll to you, or define what you are doing as trolling. You won't get an infraction.

Stop trolling.

VS

Stop making deliberately offensive or provocative posts with the aim of upsetting or eliciting an angry response from people.
    You really are a douche you know that?

VS

I really find you obnoxious and contemptible.
    All I am doing is taking the definition of the trigger word. Both are offensive, both are inflammatory.

Anyone above a 3rd grade reading level can tell when someone is being insulting. Yet some insults get infractions and others do not.

We do not want to see: Racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing.
    Those 3 words could define 90% of the posting that goes on. We all know (while not explicitly included under forum rules) there are specific trigger words that will get you an infraction in 60 seconds or less.

People can be far more insulting when using adjectives to describe someone, than they can when using a noun to define them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find your suggestion sacrilegious and puerile.

You are deliberately trying to destroy my forum lifeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I find your suggestion sacrilegious and puerile.

You are deliberately trying to destroy my forum lifeline.
    Puerile

pu·er·ile
    ˈpyo͝orəl,ˈpyo͝orˌīl/
    adjective
    adjective: puerile

childishly silly and trivial.
    "you're making puerile excuses"
    synonyms: childish, immature, infantile, juvenile, babyish

Word of the day! Yoink! Stolen!

its not the rules that need to be revised...

its the loltraining provided to the power hungry mods -- especially the really loud one that can wiki really well.

other than that, the rules address all present issues --- at least for the "respectul p.c. friends are magic" flamer culture they seek to maintain.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2017-04-25 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is already not going well, so I'm going to close it here before it turns into more public discussion of moderation.

This is not so much a suggestion as it is a comment on how moderation works, which is not something we discuss in public usually, we ask people to take up issues like this with us in private and usually ask for specific posts where they feel we should have done a better job with moderation.

To adress the first post in broad terms though: we do not JUST infract based on trigger words and let things slide when not using them. Moderation is not black and white like that. The nuance that is being described in the first post is why we have human moderators and check every post that is reported manually, fo rthe very reason that sometimes posts can be bad without using obvious words or phrases to insult or harrass.

If you feel a certain post should have been infracted and wasn't (and that includes when people have tried to stay clear of words like "troll" while still saying someone is a troll) then please use the report function and state in the report message why you feel it should be dealt with. If after some time there's been no action on the report, then contact any moderator of that forum or any global moderator and ask what happened with a certain report and they will look into it and explain if necessary why no action was taken.

CLOSED.