Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, too many polar bears

Canada is pretty nice, most people are quite decent. The west coast has very mild weather mostly just rain and some snow, although last winter we had lots of snow from October to March basically. Things are expensive here but then again we do have universal health care and low crime rates aside from some gang violence. There are a ton of homeless people on the west coast unfortunately.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend who lives in Canada and currently lives in Alberta, working as a tax consultation. He says the Mountains there in the western part of the providence is beautiful, but the winters can be cruel. He also told me the taxes there are not as high as in his home place in Nova Scotia. It is around 8% in Alberta and 15% in Nova Scotia. The 8% is mostly due to the oil industry in Alberta. Nova Scotia can be subjected at times to the hurricanes which can roll up along the eastern seaboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Wait... He got banned for this comment??? What rule did he break exactly?
    Being an unwitting partner in a performance art, double act on the state of Canada today.

The winter sucks and cost of living/food is expensive AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Canada is what the US always wanted to be like, but never will be, because their 2nd amendment ruined their country.
    Oh bullshit. There are some Canadians who wish they had a 2nd Amendment. We do not want to be like Canada. But most of us respect our northern neighbor to be different if they wish. Both sides of the Border have their weakness and strengths.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    For those of you who have lived there before, is Canada a nice place to live?

• Weather
    • General Friendliness
    • Climate
    • Business environment
    • Job market
    • Political leanings
    • Tax friendliness
    • Things to do

What has your experience been?
    Parts of Canada are named Nunavit, because NONE OF IT is livable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There are some Canadians who wish they had a 2nd Amendment.
    No true Canadian does. Maybe Justin Bieber.

10+ Year Old Account
    No true Canadian does. Maybe Justin Bieber.
    So a true Canadian is only those who agree with you?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Canada is what the US always wanted to be like, but never will be, because their 2nd amendment ruined their country.

Canada at its best.. this is stuff you won't ever find in the Netherlands everrrr. Oh canada so great rofl.
    Learn to healthcare...

The internet is slow, limited, and expensive. Most American and UK sites and brands don't deliver to here, and most fast food items/deals are US only.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Sure if you like having your thoughts policed and living in a dictatorship.

[Infracted]
    I don't think this is worth an infraction imo, just an eyeroll. On topic, I too, am considering Canada. Prices might be in the rise, soon, and medicaid might get fucked. I don't want to go to life without my meds, and I might have to do that if I loose medicaid.

Gun use is pretty widespread actually. Getting a tricked out AR15 so you can cosplay as GI Joe is a little harder though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Parts of Canada are named Nunavit, because NONE OF IT is livable.
    Nunavut means "Our Land" in Inuktitut. I've worked there. Its livable.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Oh bullshit. There are some Canadians who wish they had a 2nd Amendment. We do not want to be like Canada. But most of us respect our northern neighbor to be different if they wish. Both sides of the Border have their weakness and strengths.
    Very few. As of 2001, only 6% of Canadians wanted less strict gun regulations. With no set definition of "less strict" then it's safe to assume it's a much smaller number of percentage for people to want a constitutional right to own firearms.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/7381/righ...us-canada.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    The following is three posts after the one that got banned:

Anyway, Canada is essentially the United States. Only visited, but felt no different.
    What I said was just an observation. Did congress not just vote to allow ISPs to sell customer data?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post

Canada at its best.. this is stuff you won't ever find in the Netherlands everrrr. Oh canada so great rofl.
    Learn to healthcare...
    Very sad video. Heroin and Meth and also Opioids addiction is a major concern here in the US also and is growing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Very few. As of 2001, only 6% of Canadians wanted less strict gun regulations. With no set definition of "less strict" then it's safe to assume it's a much smaller number of percentage for people to want a constitutional right to own firearms.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/7381/righ...us-canada.aspx

- - - Updated - - -
    I can accept that as being true. I did say some. Which was correct. But his statement the US wants to be like Canada, but the Second Amendment ruined it, is still a bullshit one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it ranks decently on your list, just don't move to Toronto or Vancouver and you'd enjoy it. Biggest downside compared to the US is variety, they have so much more crap than we do. Otherwise, Canada's problems are really general first world problems at the moment, finances, immigration, terrorism, all the standard things.

It's a great place to live, don't ya know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its ok, its not going to change your life moving here from another first world place.

Its a nice place to visit I guess.

no it isnt...the biebs comes from there...

other than that, i hear it is warmer during winter than the u.s in many places.. so /shrug.

keep in mind one thing... when the north pole melts, that will be the first place to go