Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Race/Class combos that are completely impossible lorewise

What class/race combos are impossible to happen lorewise? I'll start.

Draenei Warlock:
    Warlocks dabbles with Fel magic and demons, something the Draenei Eredar are completely against due to their reverence to the Naaru.

Draenei Warlock are one of the most possible combinations we'll see in the future, specially now that Vellen is growing a thicker skin with the death of his son and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    Draenei Warlock are one of the most possible combinations we'll see in the future, specially now that Vellen is growing a thicker skin with the death of his son and whatnot.
    Ah yes, with the death of his son because of the Fel, something Velen has been trying to get away from for thousands of years, will get him to want to use it. Great idea.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Orc/ priest - pala
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Great idea.
    Thanks. Can't wait.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post

Draenei Warlock:
    Warlocks dabbles with Fel magic and demons, something the Draenei Eredar are completely against due to their reverence to the Naaru.
    Hm, maybe. Let's wait and see, it's not 100% unlikely, that with the presumed death of Kil'jaeden in 7.2 and the likewise, presumed fall of Argus in 7.3, that a bunch of man'ari eredar will go "Oh no! Forgive us yada yada!" and re-join Velen and the draenei. Thus leading to, playable, Draenei Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Orc/ priest - pala
    Orc (shadow) priest is rather likely, just look at the WoD Shadowmoon Clan, they were, basically, all void-sniffing magic users, busy calling forth voidlords and dark stars and what not. And as for the light side and paladins, well orcs are children of Aggramar, a titan, so they certainly have what it takes to be proficient wielders of the light, they do, however, lack a unified church with a militant core, which seems to be the main requirement for a paladin caste, though joining the Sunwalkers doesn't seem unrealistic either.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I am more in favor of combos that were historically present but currently banned due new cultures than ones that are totally made up out of no where with new lore to justifies them. Therefore, I am fine with something like Draenei Warlock, Night Elf Mage but not with something like Orc Druid,Undead Druid,Orc Paladin and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post

Draenei Warlock:
    They may be vehemently against it, but the night elves were also so against arcane magic that they banned its use for 10,000 years. Guess what? Night elf mages became a thing after the Nexus War and the return of the Highborne. Cultures change. The positive influence of the Illidari and Council of the Black Harvest may show the Draenei just how controllable and viable tapping into demonic powers can be. There's also the matter of demon hunters and warlocks communing with Light's Heart, another act which may sway Velen to see that utilizing demonic powers doesn't make one inherently evil.

I don't actually think anything is off the table. If it weren't for Mishka I'd say draenei and tauren rogues because of hooves, but she kinda exists and shows that even draenei can stealth. Everything else in the game comes down to training, circumstance, or belief. There are already lore exceptions to many of the impossible race/class combinations. A draenei rogue, human shaman (in fairness, RPG books), draenei warlock (though, he is a broken), an undead paladin, a blood elf druid, and potentially a vrykul druid (this one is assumed). There were also orc necrolytes during the Second War, and again during the WoD timeline. Necrolytes are just void/shadow priests, meaning it's very possible for them to tap into the energies of the Void and the Light. There's even a MURLOC demon hunter out there for crying out loud.

Edit: I guess there are also lots of Broken/Lost Ones, including Akama himself, that supports the idea of hooved stealth.

I honestly think the least likely is Pandaren Death Knight due to starting zone issues. With the starting zone being set WELL before Pandaria was revealed from the mists, it would require a modified or new starting experience. The lore is easy, it's just the need for an in-game resolution of that major time paradox that messes it up.
    Last edited by TemporalAnarchy; 2017-04-18 at 08:40 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Paladin. (before somene says "BUT ZELIEK!" Blizzard has always said he was an extreme exception and probably shouldn't have been in game)

you simply cannot be draenei and a fel-user at the same time.

draenei isn't the race, it's the ideology. if you use fel, you break the ideology, you're not draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Undead Paladin. (before somene says "BUT ZELIEK!" Blizzard has always said he was an extreme exception and probably shouldn't have been in game)
    whitemane uses light, too.

she has consecration as one of her abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gnome druid.

Every Orc-Warlock/Nightelf-Mage-esque thing.

Insanely stupid writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Insanely stupid writing.
    Orc Warlocks are stupid writing? Do you know that, first warlocks were actually orcs?

The question is if there's enough of them to justify representing that combo in the game. I have no doubt that there's probably some orc paladin dude out there in Azeroth who has the craziest story in the world as to how they came to exist. One dude (or even dozens) doesn't really justify having it in the game.

That being said, I'd totally be in favor of them dumping the whole idea of restrictions and let every race be anything they want. Even a Draenei Warlock isn't that insane either. After all, the whole theme of "good" warlocks is to fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaz View Post
    Orc Warlocks are stupid writing? Do you know that, first warlocks were actually orcs?
    *Man'ari, but still - Orc were one of the first races that became warlocks.

OT:
    Night Elf Paladin
    Orc Priest
    Tauren Rogue

Tauren Paladin
    Tauren Priest

I will never understand those.

Draenei Warlocks are probably the only one which would be 100% impossible. Since as has already been mentioned their race is Eredar but the Draenei are a splinter faction which has shunned Fel magic in favour of the light. They could certainly add sub-races to the game to allow for it, say give us Eredar as a sub-race which can take Rogues and Warlocks instead of Priests and Paladins. But it wouldn't be possible currently.

While the Night Elves did welcome the remnants of the Highborne into their ranks there is a stark difference between Arcane magic and Fel Magic. While the former can certainly lead to the same road as the latter it is also a much safer tool, and often simply ceases being Arcane as the user starts to utilise only Fel Magic.

That being said I'd love to see Gnome Druids, which could probably be explained away as being a group of wild gnomes which have simply ended up living wild in the forests of Ashenvale for thousands of years or whatever lore blizzard would apply to them (Maybe a new continent).

Most issues of class combo would be eased if they added sub-races to allow for differences between the various groups of each race.

I don't think there is anything lorewise keeping a race from choosing any class, as blizzard is always pushing the "use our foes' power against them" delirium.

But I really don't think this is a good thing for race identity to allow more and more race/class combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Insanely stupid writing.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft:_O...er_.2F_Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Naaz View Post
    Did you know that Night Elves were the first mages and the strongest?

Did you know that Eredar are some of the strongest Warlocks right now?

You know what they have/had in common? Their use of the respective magic fucked their civilization and the entire world up.
    They realized that, hey, maybe we SHOULDN'T dabble into that again.

That's why I can partially accept Nightelf Mages, because they don't have as much of a history of being literally corrupted by demons.

If you accept Orc Warlocks, then you might as well accept Draenei Warlocks because they are the different sides of the same coin.