Spend all gold before 2.0 hits?

I play casually and only own about 12-15 heroes, so, I still have some 1.000s of gold that I could invest in some more heroes before 2.0 launches. But I'm not sure if I should do that.

What's your opinion on this? Spend it, or keep it for rerolling loot chests?

Will we still be able to buy heroes through gold in 2.0? If so, does the price stay the same?

If I played a hero enough to unlock skin colors, but don't own the hero, will I still get the skins?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still buy Heroes with gold for the same prices as now, but you can also buy them with Gems.

Can't answer your question regarding the skin colours as I already own all the Heroes, so I have available all three variants for basic skin on each Hero. Outside of the newly introduced variants in 2.0, for example Scarlet Johanna.

I didn't play or hoard enough to have the gold for all heroes, but thanks for the answer concerning buying them for gold in 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    I play casually and only own about 12-15 heroes, so, I still have some 1.000s of gold that I could invest in some more heroes before 2.0 launches. But I'm not sure if I should do that.

What's your opinion on this? Spend it, or keep it for rerolling loot chests?

Will we still be able to buy heroes through gold in 2.0? If so, does the price stay the same?

If I played a hero enough to unlock skin colors, but don't own the hero, will I still get the skins?
    To answer the first question, it kinda depends. If you like a particular hero AND want a particular tint for that hero, it might be better to buy them now, assuming you can level them to 7 or 8 for the tint before the 25th, that way you will be guaranteed to have that tint rather than having to gamble with loot boxes or spend shards on it. Otherwise, you might be better served waiting, open your loot boxes, and maybe you'll receive some of those heroes you want without spending gold on them. OTOH, if you really want shards(maybe to unlock the new Diablo skin for example), the more heroes you own now means the more chances at shards in loot boxes(since duplicate heroes become shards, the more heroes you have now, the more chances for dupes in the loot boxes), so you might be better served buying now.

Heroes are still available for gold in 2.0, afaik the price will be the same, though that could change. Buying heroes and rerolling loot boxes are the only things gold is used for in 2.0.

I've kinda wondered about your third question myself, I haven't seen anything to say either way.

Deleted
    Rather not. Or at least check out which of the Mega Bundles you prefer and obviously don't buy any of those heroes seperately. Also the value of gold should peak with 2.0 and later diminish over time, as with the start of 2.0 you will have a huge bunch of chests waiting to be rerolled, while later new chests trickle in at best. Unless of course they later add nifty stuff to buy with gold, but I don't really see a financial incentive to do so.

Thanks for your answers so far. I leveled a lot of heroes to 5 for the 500 gold, but only a few to higher levels.
    I'll have another look at the 4 release packs to see which one of those I should buy to have the least duplicates.

You will own all tints for any skin you purchased, even if your hero level isn't up to 8 yet.
    Base skin recolors are still available with purchase of new hero even in 2.0, exception is only new tints for some base skins like scarlet Johanna or Regal Alarak.
    I wouldn't bother with buying new heroes at this moment unless you want to play someone, lootboxes can contain heroes as well.
    Afaik all hero prices in gold are still the same (from 2k up to 10k).
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    You will own all tints for any skin you purchased, even if your hero level isn't up to 8 yet.
    Base skin recolors are still available with purchase of new hero even in 2.0, exception is only new tints for some base skins like scarlet Johanna or Regal Alarak.
    What happens if you unlock tints on Hero you don't own? It is possible to level Hero to level 8 during free rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    What happens if you unlock tints on Hero you don't own? It is possible to level Hero to level 8 during free rotations.
    You own those tints, and can use them when the hero is on free rotation. It's possible to get skins for heroes you don't own out of loot boxes as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    You own those tints, and can use them when the hero is on free rotation. It's possible to get skins for heroes you don't own out of loot boxes as well.
    Okay good, I wasn't sure as I have all Heroes already which also unlocked all the basic skin tints for me.

Ah, great to hear that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Okay good, I wasn't sure as I have all Heroes already which also unlocked all the basic skin tints for me.
    Do you have them all leveled to 8 as well? Owning them doesn't unlock all their tints, just the ones that you have unlocked via leveling them. So if you own every hero at lvl 6 you won't have unlocked any tints for them but the default color. Any skin you purchase however will get all tints unlocked for you even if you haven't leveled the hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Do you have them all leveled to 8 as well? Owning them doesn't unlock all their tints, just the ones that you have unlocked via leveling them. So if you own every hero at lvl 6 you won't have unlocked any tints for them but the default color. Any skin you purchase however will get all tints unlocked for you even if you haven't leveled the hero.
    Well, I have all tints for basic skin on every Hero on beta right now. When you buy a Hero on beta, you get all three tints for the basic skin. Since I bought all Heroes, I have them all. I usually buy every Hero on release with gold or buy the bundle if I really like the secondary skin.

http://imgur.com/a/f30e2