Artifact Weapons in next Xpac

Will Blizzard keep artifact Weapons in the next X-Pac? If so, do we just get new mogs or are would it be a new weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    Will Blizzard keep artifact Weapons in the next X-Pac? If so, do we just get new mogs or are would it be a new weapon.
    Nobody knows yet, nothing announced, not even what the next expansion is. Waaaaaaaaaaay too soon to be thinking about it.

Personally I think that we are going to lose/depower our artifact weapons to deal a blow to Sargeras in 7.3. This can lead into two possible options for the next expansion.

1. We get new artifact weapons that have different buffs / change the playstyle of the spec a bit more compared to the Legion Artifacts.

2. We go back to the old system where we loot weapons off bosses.

A hope of mine is that we get new artifact weapons, creating new lore, but once we fully power up our new artifact we can do a quest to empower our old one as well. This would leave the player with two artifacts that have different playstyles and would allow for the player to choose which one they like more. For example, my ele shaman can use the claw and shield in the next expansion or he could use the artifact from the new expansion, which I kind of want to be a staff. This would allow the player to choose which weapon would be better for the current situation.

However, this would be a nightmare to balance so I don't think it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangaa View Post
    Personally I think that we are going to lose/depower our artifact weapons to deal a blow to Sargeras in 7.3. This can lead into two possible options for the next expansion.

1. We get new artifact weapons that have different buffs / change the playstyle of the spec a bit more compared to the Legion Artifacts.

2. We go back to the old system where we loot weapons off bosses.

A hope of mine is that we get new artifact weapons, creating new lore, but once we fully power up our new artifact we can do a quest to empower our old one as well. This would leave the player with two artifacts that have different playstyles and would allow for the player to choose which one they like more. For example, my ele shaman can use the claw and shield in the next expansion or he could use the artifact from the new expansion, which I kind of want to be a staff. This would allow the player to choose which weapon would be better for the current situation.

However, this would be a nightmare to balance so I don't think it will happen.
    Ignore this, I'm a tard and didn't see your last sentence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    artifacts are legion only.
    all the skins will be available in your appearance tab.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Waiting for the first "Does anyone else miss Artifacts?" thread
    I'll greatly miss artifacts tbh.

I feel like they really fixed the grind in 7.2. There's no reason to grind your ass off because at most you'll be ahead by like 2-3 traits which isn't important at all. The person with most artifact traits is at 49-50, not even 52. Should show you there's really no reason to grind right now. AP comes from everything anyway.

I never really liked having weapons drop off bosses especially when my BiS weapon drops off the last boss of the raid and it's like 5 or 6 other classes BiS as well. Pretty annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love getting and seeing new weapons and all that but actually getting the weapon can be pretty annoying.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My opinion: Artifact Power - no (obviously, every expac is hard reset), but Artifact system - yes. Of course, with some improvements:

- it should be per class, not per spec - Blizzard should encourage playing different specs,
    - Artifact Knowledge should be passive buff for all realms that slowly increase every week on reset day,
    - Paragon trait reward should be even less meaningful, let it be for example choice between box with gear, honor badge, gold etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    They already confirmed they will be going away next xpac, they said they are legion only.
    Yep, I do remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Waiting for the first "Does anyone else miss Artifacts?" thread
    Right next to the "No sense of progression" threads started by people creating the "Can't stand the AP grind" threads now.

I hope they never bring anything like artifacts back again. I did not enjoy grinding to empower my weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't judge persay because I don't know what we'd get after Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi