Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I haven't seen the numbers on the PTR, but if you look at the highest parses for them now, Destro is behind by almost 15-20% on most fights, and ignore skorpyon( top pasrse destro, 3.3 mil, top parse aff 9.8mill, seems legit right?). Fights like Botanist for example, should be a place where destro truley shines, but still get out dps'd by Aff. Only one fight in all of NH do we beat Aff, and that is Elisande.

Instead of nerfing their overall damage, or adjusting destro, they're buffing them again. lol Blizzard clearly wants everyone who is a warlock, to only play Afflicition.

I just want it to be an even playing field, where skill is rewarded. Average number of destro skills used during a boss fight? 10-14, average number of skills used during the exact same fight as aff? 5-7

Not sure Blizzard will ever fix it, it appears they're "trying" but its all an illusion, imo.

Do you even play aff lock??? If you only use 5-7 as aff then you are just a bad player and need to reroll to hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raznazor View Post
    Do you even play aff lock??? If you only use 5-7 as aff then you are just a bad player and need to reroll to hunter.
    While I won't say I'm a top 1% player like the some of these people pretend to be, I can pull pretty good dps oconsistently. Commonly acheive purple to orange parses. Aff is much easier than the other three specs, without question.

Warlock name - Waddylocks, on Garrosh

Aaaand straight 5% nerf for Tomb launch (aff and destro)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Aaaand straight 5% nerf for Tomb launch (aff and destro)
    based on t19 and farm content, yay blizzard!

the real kicker? Arms only got nerfed by 4%, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the real kicker? Arms only got nerfed by 4%, LOL!
    And trauma can no longer crit. I don't know the exact value of that because I don't play warrior, but don't pretend it's not there. It clearly has an effect greater than zero, so it's clearly more than a 4% nerf that arms is receiving.

Well it seems that the main difference is that destro is much stronger in ST situations now such that it basically matches affliction. Everything feels slower with destro but in a good way. Before you were swinging a katana with constant Chaos Bolts flying but now it's like swinging around a big hammer. Slow but powerful.

I think affliction will win out for people:

1) who PUG because it has such high survivability.
    2) who are in mediocre guilds that only look at topline dps meters and deaths. Aff is better able to cheat death than the other classes and also pad.
    3) who want an easier rotation with more instant-casts.

Destro will win out for:

1) Fights with priority adds and target switching (always in a lot of fights). Destro *ahem* destroys Aff in target-switching situations.
    2) Players in good guilds who will break down DPS charts more. Before Destro would always be behind Aff in topline dps but do more useful dps. I'm talking about fights like Botanist where Aff pads like crazy but Destro is the one actually doing damage to priority adds. I don't know if this point is applicable anymore since Destro dps is so much higher now that they won't lose out as much to Afflocks padding.
    3) players who want something slightly more challenging than Afflock. Not saying Destro is super difficult but managing havoc and syncing it up to max soul shards while not wasting soul shards is key. And Roaring blaze styles are a little skill intensive with a more cluttered priority list.

Overall, it's nice for destro to be competitive again. I was hesitant to call the havoc changes good but they do feel pretty good. Havoc made it so that ST damage would always be bad for destro. The class feels like it has an identity now instead of a chaos bolt spammer.