Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Patch notes seem incomplete or they pushed them out on a previous build.

Missing stuff like the mastery change to destro as well, which is the one thing that is interesting me since gear between the spec i want to play (aff/destro) will have similar stat weights...........hopefully.

I am glad destro is sort of returning to a more MOP playstyle in terms of how we generate (emberbits) soul shards and pooling and dumping less frequent but big dick CBs during procs/damage phases, i really enjoyed the spec plus good use cooldown based havoc on secondary targets was a nice little meta game for extra damage.

My gut feeling is that with all the movement in TOS that destro will suffer far less than aff since on a base level the way the specs both want to do max damage (consuming soul shards) destro does not have a drain cycle attached to it, all be it aff is now less reliant on MG but for ST fights its still there, then again haunt may well be the better talent.........

Edit: The more i think about it on heavy movement haunt has to be the way to go, if we are constantly moving during the whole fight i.e every 7-10s then fitting those UA's into the gaps and haunting them will almost certainly net more damage than clipping MG on ST, i maybe stating the obvious here but it also just makes me plain thing destro will be much better in this type of scenario since all the damage is in CB's
    Last edited by Osanger; 2017-06-10 at 12:05 PM.

Patch notes say: "Immolate’s periodic damage has a 50% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment". PTR says periodic damage generates 1 fragment and crits have a 50% chance to generate 2. Maybe patch notes are real because sometimes non critical periodic damage don't give a fragment.

There's a long established history of patch notes being inaccurate. I'd be far more inclinded to believe what's on the ptr.

The affliction notes do not even include the change to writhe in agony talent lol

I'd also say, if you are talkign about a heavy movement fight...the choice is not haunt. It's writhe in agony.

I think that haunt was aimed at giving aff some "burst", i.e. snap off a haunt and then dump ua's. The massive nerf to it;s upfront hit and duration making it impossible to fit a full UA dump mean, well, haunt is gonna sit unused. Maybe in dungeons where you use it on targetted trash as a kill resets the cooldown.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    There's a long established history of patch notes being inaccurate. I'd be far more inclinded to believe what's on the ptr.

The affliction notes do not even include the change to writhe in agony talent lol

I'd also say, if you are talkign about a heavy movement fight...the choice is not haunt. It's writhe in agony.

I think that haunt was aimed at giving aff some "burst", i.e. snap off a haunt and then dump ua's. The massive nerf to it;s upfront hit and duration making it impossible to fit a full UA dump mean, well, haunt is gonna sit unused. Maybe in dungeons where you use it on targetted trash as a kill resets the cooldown.
    Haunt is doing the exact same thing as MG except at @15% damage buff for 10s, you dont get the full 70% buff from MG on live currently on a full 5 UA dump either, since you dont start draining till the end of the fifth cast.

The point is if you do UA>Haunt>4xUA(maybe 1-2 ticks lost because of travel time) with enough haste all the UA's should tick inside the buff so then if you cannot drain because of movement you are still getting those UA's ticking at 15% more damage opposed to 0% because you cannot drain with MG, so on heavy movement it will be superior.

Whether it out damages WiA after the nerf to 15 stacks is another question. Perhaps with the Leg helm WiA will be better, certainly at the current 20 stacks it would be, still need to wait on final numbers to sim that out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Haunt is doing the exact same thing as MG except at @15% damage buff for 10s, you dont get the full 70% buff from MG on live currently on a full 5 UA dump either, since you dont start draining till the end of the fifth cast.

The point is if you do UA>Haunt>4xUA(maybe 1-2 ticks lost because of travel time) with enough haste all the UA's should tick inside the buff so then if you cannot drain because of movement you are still getting those UA's ticking at 15% more damage opposed to 0% because you cannot drain with MG, so on heavy movement it will be superior.

Whether it out damages WiA after the nerf to 15 stacks is another question. Perhaps with the Leg helm WiA will be better, certainly at the current 20 stacks it would be, still need to wait on final numbers to sim that out tho.
    WiA's output is also not limited to ST, which makes it better the moment there is more than one long lived target.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    WiA's output is also not limited to ST, which makes it better the moment there is more than one long lived target.
    Ofc, i was talking ST, i assumed that the OP would realise that as if you are not taking WiA in 7.2.5 on a multi dot fight then there is something wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I haven't seen the numbers on the PTR, but if you look at the highest parses for them now, Destro is behind by almost 15-20% on most fights, and ignore skorpyon( top pasrse destro, 3.3 mil, top parse aff 9.8mill, seems legit right?). Fights like Botanist for example, should be a place where destro truley shines, but still get out dps'd by Aff. Only one fight in all of NH do we beat Aff, and that is Elisande.

Instead of nerfing their overall damage, or adjusting destro, they're buffing them again. lol Blizzard clearly wants everyone who is a warlock, to only play Afflicition.

I just want it to be an even playing field, where skill is rewarded. Average number of destro skills used during a boss fight? 10-14, average number of skills used during the exact same fight as aff? 5-7

Not sure Blizzard will ever fix it, it appears they're "trying" but its all an illusion, imo.

Do you even play aff lock??? If you only use 5-7 as aff then you are just a bad player and need to reroll to hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raznazor View Post
    Do you even play aff lock??? If you only use 5-7 as aff then you are just a bad player and need to reroll to hunter.
    While I won't say I'm a top 1% player like the some of these people pretend to be, I can pull pretty good dps oconsistently. Commonly acheive purple to orange parses. Aff is much easier than the other three specs, without question.

Warlock name - Waddylocks, on Garrosh

Aaaand straight 5% nerf for Tomb launch (aff and destro)
    <Insurgency> is recruiting !
    ·My Youtube channel·
    ·I have a standing, open Road to Glory challenge in WWE 2K18 for PC (my Steam)·

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Aaaand straight 5% nerf for Tomb launch (aff and destro)
    based on t19 and farm content, yay blizzard!

the real kicker? Arms only got nerfed by 4%, LOL!
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Man is not free unless government is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the real kicker? Arms only got nerfed by 4%, LOL!
    And trauma can no longer crit. I don't know the exact value of that because I don't play warrior, but don't pretend it's not there. It clearly has an effect greater than zero, so it's clearly more than a 4% nerf that arms is receiving.
    Passionate about listlessness.

Well it seems that the main difference is that destro is much stronger in ST situations now such that it basically matches affliction. Everything feels slower with destro but in a good way. Before you were swinging a katana with constant Chaos Bolts flying but now it's like swinging around a big hammer. Slow but powerful.

I think affliction will win out for people:

1) who PUG because it has such high survivability.
    2) who are in mediocre guilds that only look at topline dps meters and deaths. Aff is better able to cheat death than the other classes and also pad.
    3) who want an easier rotation with more instant-casts.

Destro will win out for:

1) Fights with priority adds and target switching (always in a lot of fights). Destro *ahem* destroys Aff in target-switching situations.
    2) Players in good guilds who will break down DPS charts more. Before Destro would always be behind Aff in topline dps but do more useful dps. I'm talking about fights like Botanist where Aff pads like crazy but Destro is the one actually doing damage to priority adds. I don't know if this point is applicable anymore since Destro dps is so much higher now that they won't lose out as much to Afflocks padding.
    3) players who want something slightly more challenging than Afflock. Not saying Destro is super difficult but managing havoc and syncing it up to max soul shards while not wasting soul shards is key. And Roaring blaze styles are a little skill intensive with a more cluttered priority list.

Overall, it's nice for destro to be competitive again. I was hesitant to call the havoc changes good but they do feel pretty good. Havoc made it so that ST damage would always be bad for destro. The class feels like it has an identity now instead of a chaos bolt spammer.