Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Aura changes were rolled in.

- - - Updated - - -

ES will remain poor. Ascendance change doesn't fix everything wrong with it, it will still suffer from some RNG, but a step in the right direction. Tempest change if they up the numbers could be fine, but it doesn't stop it being the easiest, most simple solution without addressing the core issues. There's also no reason to indicate that Legionfall trait will value Haste any more than you would without it. Stat threshholds still aren't a thing for us either, things are so variable that it will still literally be a case of stack the best stat ad infinitum based on weights.

- - - Updated - - -

Stormstrike will have a 2.66~ GCD cooldown, meaning SS -> Fill -> Fill -> SS, which is still somewhat awkward. Getting SB procs is still far more important than not, so it doesn't really fix what is wrong with it, but it mitigates it a little.
    Yeah but with Windsong & other buffs that will be up during Ascendance I'm sure we'll be getting tons of procs
    HEROES NEVER DIE

But will this scale well?

Blizzard don't even know what they want to do anymore in this game!

The PTR Tempest is crap that doesn't do anything to solve the problem unless the intent is to make the talent pointless. For starters at +3% proc rate it's excessively weak to the point of not being taken. But on top of that the whole issue of Tempest is too many GCDs and too much of a reliance on RNG SB procs...so you fix that by reducing the charges but increasing the rate of procs? That actually works against the supposed goal!

I like the change to Tempest, having said way back that this should be what it does, but it is too low of a value. At around 7% additional proc rate we end up the same number of Stormstrikes as the live version. If they want this to be a worthwhile talent they will have to up the value to at least 7% but preferably higher.

The Boulderfist change is a lot of non content. It does nothing except possibly smooth the rotation timing out but it is certainly not a good talent.

I like that they are willing to try things, but they need to understand that Enhance suffers in 3 areas.

1. Single target DPS is random due to the proc rates being so inconsistent

2. Our AoE potential is low even when talented into AoE specific talents.

3. Our general talent choices are all weak and while some provide flavor, others are just flat and do nothing for us.

I personally have decided with my guild to go Elemental for the time being since it is more consistent and has more AoE potential moving forward and also because I have very little faith in Blizzards ability to fix Enhancement at all. Which is a shame because I honestly like it a lot.

i played enh shaman since Legion start. i look forward to play while Legion is actual. and my conclusion is:

this is not an enh shaman xpac.

Deleted
    I have the feeling that blizzard is taking a completely wrong approach here.

Moving Landslide into the same row as 2 active abilities is just a flatout toxic. So is moving the new Boulderfist into the 7th. These talents are passive and frankly not fun.
    I've been playing with hailstorm/Hothand due to my legendarys and i must say that this new playstyle feels extremely exciting but simply lacks numbers, as does every other spec. These fixes won't tackle this issue, it will make it so Enhancement just feels boring&make it deal no dps as is.

Tempest change seems very surgical and not thought-through, as someone before me stated 3% is not enough and the alternatives are a passive talent and Overcharge.

I myself have played my DK for progression in my guild because i felt like ENH was just lackluster (RNG&not enough DPS), these fixes won't change anything as long as AoE does not get buffed significantly and we get an actual 7th Row talent instead of this 15% recharge Boulderfist, i'd suggest Echo of the elements here or smth similar that makes our dmg controllable.

It seems as though i'll be playing my DK, as ENH will be left to rot under the thumb of lazy devs.

Deleted

Moving Landslide into the same row as 2 active abilities is just a flatout toxic. So is moving the new Boulderfist into the 7th. These talents are passive and frankly not fun.
    I've been playing with hailstorm/Hothand due to my legendarys and i must say that this new playstyle feels extremely exciting but simply lacks numbers, as does every other spec. These fixes won't tackle this issue, it will make it so Enhancement just feels boring&make it deal no dps as is.

Tempest change seems very surgical and not thought-through, as someone before me stated 3% is not enough and the alternatives are a passive talent and Overcharge.

I myself have played my DK for progression in my guild because i felt like ENH was just lackluster (RNG&not enough DPS), these fixes won't change anything as long as AoE does not get buffed significantly and we get an actual 7th Row talent instead of this 15% recharge Boulderfist, i'd suggest Echo of the elements here or smth similar that makes our dmg controllable.

It seems as though i'll be playing my DK, as ENH will be left to rot due to not making decisive changes.

Deleted

I've been playing with hailstorm/Hothand due to my legendarys and i must say that this new playstyle feels extremely exciting but simply lacks numbers, as does every other talentchoice. These fixes won't tackle this issue, it will make it so Enhancement just feels boring&make it deal no dps as is.

It seems as though i'll be playing my DK, as ENH will be left to rot due to not making decisive changes.

Deleted
    What is needed is to take a good look at the talent tree and make it have better theme and relevance.

Level 15 is kind of on the right track. You got a haste increase attack, a rng that makes our offtime resource spender more relevant but then you got the 3rd option. This one should be focused on how we use our resource maker as it used to be. Remove Landslide entirely, it's very boring. Put the new Boulderfist here and balance it to make all three relevant depending on what path you want to take.

Level 30 should be a raid and party helping tier. The bad one here is Feral Lunge. Make it baseline as it always should've been and add some defensive cooldown that is useful for raids. Perhaps a revivial of windwall that acts somewhat like Demon hunter's Darkness?

Level 45 is perfectly fine as a tier.

Level 60 Lightning Shield is quite weak. Perhaps some changes to Lightning Shield. Make Lightning Shield baseline as a defensive buff which gives 10% damage reduction to all damage and reflecting a % of incoming damage back on the attacker. With a talent that enhances it for damage, giving you a chance to deal extr nature damage when dealing damage.
    This would give you an option for passive damage, passive haste or a change in how you play the spec by adding a frost attack.

Level 75 is one of the main errors. Change to Tempest is necessary but the current change is wrong and lackluster. I would instead change it so that offhand attacks can proc Stormbringer as well. Overcharge is a bit weak but a good addition as it gives another button to use for those that like that. Empowered Stormlash is utterly useless and boring. I would replace it with something else that feels more rewarding. One talent that I'd love to have would be something that combine flametongue and Frostbrand into one ability that deals frost and fire damage with the cost of Frostbrand which would allow you to use frost damage without taking Hailstorm. It would also be a buff to Hailstorm though that might be overpowered.

Level 90 should just be our aoe tier. Sundering feels like a pvp talent. Keep it as it is. The problem is the other two. Crashing storm is very boring and should be removed and replaced. Crash lightning and any talent that enhances it should be our cleave that we use when on the move or when we try to burst down a small bunch of mobs. The current version is lackluster and feels like it tries to sit on more than one chair.
    Fury of air should not be a sustained aoe ability. It should be a short duration mass aoe ability that we use when we really want to lay down the hurt with a longer cooldown. Make it do frost, fire and nature damage, call it Fury of the Elements, with it's visuals added with fire and frost.

Level 100 should be something that changes how we play in a larger way. Ascendance is fine as a damage cooldown but should receive some major buffs. Earthen Spike looks ok on paper but fails to deliver. Buff it and combine it with Landslide. Higher damage and a 10 sec buff of 15% to physical and nature damage alongside 8% Agility would make it a good choice. It would only buff us half the time but I think that is fine.
    The third talent is the hard nut to crack. I would suggest the return of Primal Strike but as a elemental melee strike that works like Elemental Blast. It would of course have to be balanced to not outdo Earthen Spike.

I'm not much of a theorycrafter but I think this would make Enhancement more enjoyable and with better themes and synergy.
    Last edited by mmoc90efbc5b1c; 2017-04-28 at 07:29 AM.

They should lower the CD on SS baseline or give offhand's a chance to proc, that way if we aren't getting SB procs, it's not a terrible wait until you can get another SS. At 21-27% haste I still have a 12+ sec wait for a SS if there's no procs. Maybe have tempest reworked to give a nice buff when you get a SB proc, maybe it could give SS the legendary belt type effect or some damage buff, this could make the belt a little more desirable as well. That would give the tier a passive talent, on demand talent and a buff talent tied to our rng.
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-27 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted
    This is gonna kill enhancement in pvp. We are worse than all melee specs now and in 7.2.5. I dont think we will be usable at all. I think this dev team have no clue whatsoever about this class and some newbie dev is just putting and changing some random stuff.

Worst xpac for enhancement shaman. We are only class that change their rotations with every patch that is going out, from better to worse. I am very disappointed by wow devs cause they dont know what to do anymore.

An disappointed shaman.

Im trying to figure out why is Landslide in this iteration still there and why Boulderfist is not row 1 talent?
    Simply out of curiosity i copied one of my lowbie lvl 26 enhances to PTR to check how gameplay feels at low levels.
    Its horrific, simply slow. At level 15 we have 36 base Agility, factored in BoAs too we have around 48-52 agility, Landslides +8% agi at low level is what? 4 agility at level 15, less if you dont have BoAs.
    Due to really bad Landslide gain at low lever, slow paced gameplay and basically having our generator attack @ 5s CD, other two choices in that tier look like more valuable choice, not to say even logical.

Moving Boulderfist to row 1 with 0.75s CD reduction to Rockbiter could somewhat help lowbie Enhancers not to sit iddle waiting for Rockbiter gain a charge, simply further supporting that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Im trying to figure out why is Landslide in this iteration still there and why Boulderfist is not row 1 talent?
    Simply out of curiosity i copied one of my lowbie lvl 26 enhances to PTR to check how gameplay feels at low levels.
    Its horrific, simply slow. At level 15 we have 36 base Agility, factored in BoAs too we have around 48-52 agility, Landslides +8% agi at low level is what? 4 agility at level 15, less if you dont have BoAs.
    Due to really bad Landslide gain at low lever, slow paced gameplay and basically having our generator attack @ 5s CD, other two choices in that tier look like more valuable choice, not to say even logical.

Moving Boulderfist to row 1 with 0.75s CD reduction to Rockbiter could somewhat help lowbie Enhancers not to sit iddle waiting for Rockbiter gain a charge, simply further supporting that idea.
    Talent's are balanced mostly for max level play =/ it's been like that for a few expansions

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    But will this scale well?
    That's the million dollar question.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Looks like some good buffs coming for our Enhancers
    Nooope.

They just covered the problem with a smiley face sticker.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't like the changes but I will try them out. If I don't I will re-roll to resto.
    Who needs signatures anyway?

cant believe how butchered enh shamans are compared to 7.1

the enhancement shaman is dead RIP.. and fuck blizzard
    i will rerrol to monk this is the only fun class to play now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post

Level 45 is perfectly fine as a tier.
    >looks at voodoo totem
    >looks at you
    >looks back at voodoo totem
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    And their response: when new tempest is too weak, we gotta nerf the other 2 talents in that row. It worked out so well in 7.1.5 with Hailstorm nerfs....

Current PTR enhance is crap. We overall lost some dps, especially the AOE Cleave will be weaker without 5% buff from Boulderfist.

You just see how lazy they are. The talent tree is full of passives. 8%agi,6% haste, 15% less rechargetime, 3% additional proc chance.

When i look at the frost DK talent tree, it is a shame. Every talent has some gameplay effect and synergy. Enhance is a lose bunch of passives and the lvl 90 talent row is a joke.

The lvl 90 talent row could have potentially strong AOE talents, instead they made them all a real joke. Even in AOE fights those talents suck....

Oh yeah. But lets hope for the final numbers tuning in the end. That worked so well in 7.1.5 anf 7.2.

Do they think we are stupid? They will buff us again by 1-2% just to make sure we are the worst melee, but the 2nd worst is only a little ahead...

Well im gonna stay on my DK. I was so right to reroll in february.