Why didn't blizzard give priests a tank follower (combat ally)?

That would have fixed nearly all my complaints with shadow in legion, its a pita to solo stuff. I understand your followers are like part of the priest class or whatever, but couldnt they have came up with some clever solution to make SoL a tank? Or whoever lol.

I see bear druids with tank followers and just facepalm, like wtf blizz lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That would have fixed nearly all my complaints with shadow in legion, its a pita to solo stuff. I understand your followers are like part of the priest class or whatever, but couldnt they have came up with some clever solution to make SoL a tank? Or whoever lol.

I see bear druids with tank followers and just facepalm, like wtf blizz lol.
    The new follower that you get in 7.2 has a taunt.

Orginally i believe its because all the followers you get are priests (or beings of light) which a taunt wouldn't make much sense for thematically
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2017-04-25 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post

Orginally i believe its because all the followers you get are priests (or beings of light) which a taunt wouldn't make much sense for thematically
    Well, I certainly though that mindblast causing extra attention from enemies hit by it made a lot of sense, thematically.
    It is not like our followers have to follow the same restrictions we do, they can use Holy Nova as Shadow Priests and generally have abilities we cannot use.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post

When you say new follower, who do you mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    When you say new follower, who do you mean?
    The Broken Shore questline gives you a new follower.

But seriously, Sol is all you need.

Have you tried going Disc?

You are literally invincible in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Have you tried going Disc?

You are literally invincible in the open world.
    You aren't, forgetting to breathe for half an hour can still kill you

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    The Broken Shore questline gives you a new follower.

But seriously, Sol is all you need.
    Sol ... makes me realize how much damage I take when he isn't around, since he had 3 seperate heals, + VT healing...
    pulling 10+ elites without issue ftw

also his healing is strong enough... scrubs in wpvp stop trying to kill me and try to kill him first lol