Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Then you would end up only with Johanna, Muradin, Diablo, and E.T.C. as the only true tanks. Maybe even Stitches.

Anub, Arthas and Tyrael can work as solo Warriors, but mainly in specific compositions or against specific compositions.

Blizzard just love to release bruiser after bruiser while we are in dire need of true tanks with CC to set up kills. Yeah, screw D.Va.
    Dehaka is sad you forgot about him

More self destruct fun with pallytime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5nq....be&t=1h31m21s
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

D.Va looks like a very diverse hero, which should guarantee her a solid spot in picks. She can clear waves decently, peel people off her teammates, help catch opponents out of position, zone people with selfdestruct, with bunnyhop she has a pretty decent teamfight potential, with big shot her poke is great, and she can also dish out pretty good DPS in pilot form. Overall, I think she's a great addition to the hero pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Expect some more soon, seems people went with Alarak next in their releases. Bakery, support from Team Dignitas, has released this build on heroes hearth: https://heroeshearth.com/builds/Bake...-tyrande-stun/

And nubkeks this one: https://heroeshearth.com/builds/nubk...tyrande-build/

But there's no explanation to either.
    I was mostly going with an almost exact build, but Empower at 13 makes no sense to me considering he didn't take any other owl talents.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Dehaka is sad you forgot about him
    I did not forget about him, Dehaka is not a solo Warrior. Simple as that.

He is tanky and does have some CC, but he is global. This gives him ability to quickly join fights, but Tanks are about team fight engage and rotating on map to slow down and reveal enemy team rotations. Dehaka sucks at both of those. Also Dehaka is pretty bad at peeling for your team with his limited range options and weak mobility.

Dehaka is good at soaking and pushing side lanes; and brushstalking in for quick ganks or join fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    D.Va is supposed to be an ex-pro in starcraft, but in the nexus she meets actual zerg, protoss and terrans what do that mean ?

-The starcraft universe is canon to the overwatch universe and blizzard has superpower of divination.
    -D.Va knows the starcraft races to be fictive meaning she can break the 4th wall and realize she is fictive too.
    -Blizzard does not care to HotS's lore (no, it couldn't possibly be it)

which is it ?

Well if youre looking for some sort of explanation, id give you: Infinite Multiverse. Every imaginable and non imaginable reality exists somewhere. And some things inside them, characters, cities, sometimes entire realms are randomly "pulled" into the Nexus.

Which is why Nexus has alternative characters, like Primal Thrall, betrayer Malfurion, shogun Artanis and super hero Medivh, from their respective alternative realities and timelines.

And for all we know, some earth of Starcraft had an Overwatch game in the past, maybe? I wouldtn be surprised.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2017-05-10 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    D.Va is supposed to be an ex-pro in starcraft, but in the nexus she meets actual zerg, protoss and terrans what do that mean ?

-The starcraft universe is canon to the overwatch universe and blizzard has superpower of divination.
    -D.Va knows the starcraft races to be fictive meaning she can break the 4th wall and realize she is fictive too.
    -Blizzard does not care to HotS's lore (no, it couldn't possibly be it)

which is it ?
    Were you paying no attention during the tutorial? Uther explicitly told you not to think about it too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well... They ARE kinda the only true tanks, so it makes sense to have them in their own niche.

But yeah, I totally agree Blizz need a true tank. If they insist on adding OW heroes, they could stick in someone like Reinhardt, or... the gorilla guy?
    What about Varian? with Protection spec he's as much a tank as any of the above, and more than than Diablo arguably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    What about Varian? with Protection spec he's as much a tank as any of the above, and more than than Diablo arguably.
    Varian with Protection build is, yes.

However they were talking about Quick Match setting where you risk Varian player going Twin Blades or Colossus Smash.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, with Prot spec he's arguably one of the best Warriors. Especially with his taunt.

But 90% of the time, Quick Match Varians wont take the shield. They always go Dps.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm honestly still pissed about Varian. The man has never used a shield in his life and they closed up design space that could have been used for a real Protection Warrior.

I'd legitimately rather that they just made up a character out of the Warsong Commander or Sen'jin Shieldmasta cards than have given Varian the prot warrior kit.
    Last edited by Arachnofiend; 2017-05-11 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK01X3yyQHc

4:33 I told you, new season with D'Va is coming. Poor Stiches. :P

Word is that D.Va has just been enabled in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Word is that D.Va has just been enabled in the US.
    Should be tomorow in EU...

D-VA feels...underwhelming

I know that the ruling may not be in on D-VA just yet, but I feel that both that she is underwhelming, even in a double war setup.

In solo fights she can hold her own, her Q gives her decent positioning/harass and she can boost in for a finish, but a lot of her use seems to diminish the longer the match goes on. Her W is effective, but can be negated if an opponent repositions or stuns, and her E, while useful for area prevention/early gate bombing, can be out right useless in many team rights, especially if heroes (like Varian) can simply pop deflect and negate the effect.

While her E utility hinges on stuns/roots, I can't see it being more useful than, say Anub'arak's Spike line, and her Q can't beat his tunnel (since he isn't able to be harmed during that effect).

Her Ultimates seem...lack luster. Her pilot big shot is probably the better choice, though it exposes her for a gank unless she's firing from behind a wall or her team, and the Bunny Dance isn't overly amazing.

No denying, she is a fun pick, but I cannot see her being a popular pick for long, or becoming a "high tier" hero.

Deleted
    WTF I have never seen a more overpowered hero. I ban her and recommend everyone to do it. Not because she is duper super but annoying to play against. (only play HL & unranked)
    Last edited by mmocb759c3dfe2; 2017-05-17 at 01:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What happens if D.Va channels her W onto an opponent's self-desteucting mech as it explodes? Will it reduce the damage?

If not, what about if she's channelling W onto the pilot D.Va as it explodes?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Super duper throw the salt in the pot early win rates: 54% after ~250 games.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had this much fun playing a new hero since Chromie. Bring on the D.va games!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    What happens if D.Va channels her W onto an opponent's self-desteucting mech as it explodes? Will it reduce the damage?

If not, what about if she's channelling W onto the pilot D.Va as it explodes?
    From what I've seen of people testing it on PTR, Defense Matrix does reduce the damage from an opposing D.Va's exploding MEKA.