Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

D.Va - Ranged Warrior - Overwatch Hero

Background

Hana Song was once a pro-gamer. She became a professional StarCraft player, who participated in the WCS Korea Code S League. At the age of 16, Song became the #1 ranked player in the world and proceeded to go undefeated for the next three years in all competitions. She became an international star, beloved by her fans at home and abroad, and toured in exhibitions around the world. A fierce competitor, Song played to win at any cost, and gained a well-earned reputation for showing no mercy to her opponents.

At home, however, not all was well, as MEKA struggled to maintain its defense against the omnic that repeatedly attacked the nation. As the omnic continued to adapt, it eventually disrupted MEKA's drone-control networks, forcing the military to place pilots in the mechs. Scrambling to find suitable candidates, the government turned to the country's professional gamers, who possessed the necessary reflexes and instincts to operate the mechs' advanced weapons systems. Top stars were drafted, including Song. Seeing her new mission as a game, Song now fearlessly charges into battle alongside the rest of her MEKA unit, ready to spring to her nation's defense at a moment's notice. Recently, she has begun to stream combat operations to her adoring fans, and her growing following has turned her into a global icon. At some point she also played one of the leading roles in the movie Hero of My Storm.

Basic Abilities

Trait - Mech Mode
    When D.Va’s Mech is destroyed, she is ejected after 0.75 seconds and can continue to fight in Pilot Mode. Destroying D.Va’s Mech only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP.

Trait - Pilot Mode
    Each Basic Attack reduces the cooldown of Call Mech by 0.5 seconds. As a Pilot, D.Va only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP upon death.

Mount (Z)
    While in Mech Mode, D.Va can shoot while moving, but her Movement Speed is reduced by 15%. While in Pilot Mode, D.Va can use Mounts.

Boosters (Q)
    Increases D.Va’s movements speed by 125% for 2 seconds. Enemies that are hit take damage and are knocked away. D.Va cannot be Slowed while Boosters are active.

Defense Matrix (W)
    Channel a defensive field in the target direction for 3 seconds, reducing damage dealt by enemy Heroes inside it by 75%. The Mech can move while channeling, but cannot turn. Damage dealt to the Mech by enemies within Defense Matrix still grants the same amount of Self-Destruct Charge.

Self-Destruct (E)
    Requires Mech Mode. Eject from the Mech, setting it to self-destruct after 4 seconds. Deals medium to massive damage in a large area, depending on distance from the center of the blast. Deals 50% damage against Structures. Gain 1% Charge for every 2 seconds spent using Basic Attacks, and 30% Charge per 100% of Mech Health lost.

Call Mech (E)
    Requires Pilot Mode. Call a new Mech and enter Mech Mode. 45 second cooldown. While in Pilot Mode, each Basic Attack lowers this cooldown by 0.5 seconds.

Bunny Hop (R1)
    Requires Mech Mode. D.Va’s Mech becomes Unstoppable and stomps every 0.5 seconds, dealing damage and Slowing enemies by 40%. Lasts 4 seconds.

Big Shot (R2)
    Requires Pilot Mode. Deal damage to all enemies in a line. Call Mech’s cooldown is reduced by 8 seconds for each enemy Hero hit.

Talents

Level 1
    • Rush-down (Q) - If D.Va takes nor deals no damage during Boosters, lower the cooldown by 5 seconds.
    • Crash Course (Q) - Quest: Damage 25 enemy Heroes with Boosters. Reward: Damaging enemy Heroes with Boosters lowers the cooldown by 1 second per Hero hit.
    • Hit The Nitrous (Q) - Initial speed of Boosters increased to 475%, then decays to normal speed over 0.5 seconds. During this time Boosters deals 100% bonus damage.
    • Pro Moves (Trait) - D.Va's Mech gains 2% Movement Speed for 1 second every time she takes damage, up to 30%.

Level 4
    • Diverting Power (W) - The area of Defense Matrix is 100% wider and 25% longer, but D.Va is rooted for the duration.
    • Get through This! (W) - Increase the duration of Defense Matrix by additional 3 seconds.
    • Bring It On (E) - Self-Destruct's Charge amount gained from losing Mech Health increased by 30%.
    • Fusion Generator (W) - Every time an enemy Hero deals damage while inside Defense Matrix, D.Va's Self-Destruct Charge increased by 1%

Level 7
    • Coming Through (Q) - Increase the knockback distance by 100%.
    • Dazer Zone (W) - Enemy Heroes affected by Defense Matrix are Slowed by 20%.
    • Nuclear Option (E) - Increase the delay before Self-Destruct explodes by 3 seconds. Detonation damage increased by 50%.
    • Aggression Matrix (W) - Basic Attacks in Mech Mode against Heroes lowers the cooldown of Defense Matrix by 0.25 seconds.

Level 13
    • Emergency Shielding (Trait) - When D.Va's Mech would be destroyed, instead gain an X point shield for 6 seconds. This has a 15 second cooldown.
    • Ablative Armor (Trait) - Damage against D.Va's Mech that would deal 5% or less of your max health are reduced by 50%.
    • Expensive Plating (Trait) - Increase Mech health by 20%, but increase the cooldown of Call Mech by 15 seconds.
    • GG, WP (E) - Increase Pilot Mode Basic Attack damage by 75%. Participating in a Takedown while in Pilot Mode instantly refreshes the cooldown of Call Mech.

Level 16
    • Nanoweave Suit (Trait) - For 4 seconds after ejecting from her Mech, D.Va gains 50 Armor and her Basic Attacks grant 50% more cooldown reduction for Call Mech.
    • Suppressing Fire (Trait) - Pilot Mode Basic Attacks have 20% increased range and Slow enemy Movement Speed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.
    • Torpedo Dash (Q) - D.Va gains the Torpedo Dash ability, allowing her to dash forward and pass through enemies. Requires Pilot Mode.

Level 20
    • Stop and Pop (R1) - Bunny Hop deals 150% more damage if D.Va isn't moving at the moment of impact.
    • Pew! Pew! Pew! (R2) - Instead of a single shot, Big Shot fires 3 shots over 0.5 seconds. Each shot deals 50% reduced damage.
    • MEKAfall (E) - Call Mech is instant and can target a location. Upon landing, the Mech deals x damage to enemies in the impact area.
    • Concussive Pulse (W) - D.Va gains the Concussive Pulse ability, allowing her to deal x damage to enemies in a cone and knock them back. Requires Pilot Mode.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-05-08 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, im not suprised. :P But nice seeing another warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so stinking happy that D.Va is finally making it to HotS. Can't wait to hear all her voice lines and such when she runs into StarCraft characters. Epic!

I'm really excited for D.Va! ^^

So she will have an AA on the move like the other OW heroes (except Zarya), a charge, a defensive barrier and probably something with mobility. I wonder if she also gets to launch her mech but since they didn't show that in the cinematic it's still a mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    So she will have an AA on the move like the other OW heroes (except Zarya), a charge, a defensive barrier and probably something with mobility. I wonder if she also gets to launch her mech but since they didn't show that in the cinematic it's still a mystery.
    Genji doesn't technically AA while moving - His AA is split into 3 seperate attacks, but he has to be standing still to start it. It gives an illusion of the ability to attack while moving, but is no different from, say, stutter stepping with Raynor/Lunara/Cassia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Genji doesn't technically AA while moving - His AA is split into 3 seperate attacks, but he has to be standing still to start it. It gives an illusion of the ability to attack while moving, but is no different from, say, stutter stepping with Raynor/Lunara/Cassia.
    True but you still finish the attack if you start moving, unlike other heroes that cancel the attack command if you move within the animation.

Do we know what race D.Va mains in Starcraft? If not, we'll soon find out where her allegiances lie when she interacts with the Zerg, Protoss and Terran heroes.

What a waste of a character. At least it's a tank and not another assassin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    What a waste of a character. At least it's a tank and not another assassin.
    I doubt her kit will translate into capable solo Tank, most likely yet another bloody Bruiser. She lacks CC, which is most important thing for Tanks.

Come on Blizzard, last real Tank was Johanna before they butchered Varian into Bruiser again. Sure they reworked some old Warriors, but they are overtuned Bruisers that are good mainly in double Warrior compositions anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always good to get another Warrior, as it's my favoured role... However I doubt D.Va will be a true tank, which kinda sucks...

Although it means more excuses to play my favourite character, Johanna.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    Do we know what race D.Va mains in Starcraft? If not, we'll soon find out where her allegiances lie when she interacts with the Zerg, Protoss and Terran heroes.
    D. Va actually plays random according to her official profile that was put up prior to Overwatch's release. Yeah, seriously.

Hopefully they tinker with her kit enough that she can be a true tank rather than a bruiser. I think if they just made running into people a stun+reposition similar to how Condemn works then that'd be sufficient.

Now, I'm expecting to see a Kil'jaeden Hero....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    True but you still finish the attack if you start moving, unlike other heroes that cancel the attack command if you move within the animation.
    Yes, Genji has a VERY fast AA animation, like Cassia and pretty much all melee. Of course, most ranged heroes tend to have a pretty quick AA animation too. Lunara, imo, is the worst one to properly stutterstep with. I would say that the difference between genji and most other ranged assassins is something like .1 seconds or so, or less - I can't necessarily measure it though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Hope next OV hero will be Junkrat due to old leak.

Hopefully she has special emotes when it comes to starcraft characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    D. Va actually plays random according to her official profile that was put up prior to Overwatch's release. Yeah, seriously.

Hopefully they tinker with her kit enough that she can be a true tank rather than a bruiser. I think if they just made running into people a stun+reposition similar to how Condemn works then that'd be sufficient.
    If they will give D.Va some form of CC, there is no reason to add Reinhardt or Winston to the game.

High mobility, tanky, low to decent sustained damage, high burst damage with self-destruct and two lives. If she receives some kind of CC, she is broken.

I seriously don't want to see another Overwatch Hero at least until Autumn, I don't hate them, I just want some goddamn villains already. Or at least some shady assholes, not those goody two-shoes characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Defence matrix blocks projectiles for X time

charge, speed boost and damage those she hits for Y time

maybe mana? Idk prob not, she will prob just use cooldowns... allthough i can getting abit tired of so many heros being added without mana, as with a healer, they can stay in lane forever since they dont need to worry about mana, also less people for malfurion to be good with

ult she sends her mech to blow up and she becomes gremlin forced to do nothing but shoot till she gets mech back
    like tracer no choice, only 1 ult she gets from the start
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-04-26 at 07:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

This is a weird looking Kel'thuzad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    I feel like protoss.. You know ball of death, and her ult is pretty much a explotion of death. that or Terran cus you know nukes.