Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I think Facebook Live needs to be shut down for now.

Until they figure out how to stop showing all the idiots looking for attention by killing people, raping people, beating up people with mental health issues, driving while drunk.......... Until they can do that, all that it does is encourage these idiots who want their 15 minutes.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Until they figure out how to stop showing all the idiots looking for attention by killing people, raping people, beating up people with mental health issues, driving while drunk.......... Until they can do that, all that it does is encourage these idiots who want their 15 minutes.
    Ehh I don't think it needs shut down just needs some better guidelines in place closed no suspended til further notice yes.
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2017-04-26 at 04:20 AM. Reason: edit
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Why thou, it can be used against them in a court of law and removes them from society via Darwinism!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Why thou, it can be used against them in a court of law and removes them from society via Darwinism!
    at the expense of the people who get victimized. Yeah, that makes sense. facepalm.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

then they can stream from many of the other things.

So we should have no streaming services then?

at the expense of the people who get victimized. Yeah, that makes sense. facepalm.
    They will be victimized either way.

Don't blame the tool for the actions of idiots using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Still doesn't mean that you should go out of your way to allow said idiots to easily abuse your tool. Makes your company look bad if so many sketchy things keep getting associated with your online services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Right here. OP's logic could be applied to basically anything.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Still doesn't mean that you should go out of your way to allow said idiots to easily abuse your tool. Makes your company look bad if so many sketchy things keep getting associated with your online services.
    If they think it will harm their profits, then they will stop using it, or add safety precautions. Of course, with a live service, that would be rather difficult.

Apparently it's a huge job to moderate Facebook, people are constantly posting shit they're not supposed to. https://www.wired.com/2014/10/content-moderation/

Imo, the feature isn't all that great, if it's that had to moderate content then discontinuing it might be a good idea.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't punish the many for the deeds of the Few. I like interacting with people doing Facebook Live events.

OP - I think you have an additional and unrequired word in your subject ... 'Live'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Don't punish the many for the deeds of the Few.
    That's a misnomer ... restrictions placed on society aren't to punish the many, but to protect the many .... you don't have speed limits to punish drivers - they exist to prevent mass carnage.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

They need to cancel it because some asshole I know decided to Facebook live his car going though an oil change. Which was mainly just a video of the side of his car. Facebook sent me 4 notifications of this. With notifications turned off...

I thought YouTube was wading through billions of content for the occasional gem. Facebook live is easy 3.78 times worse.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's a misnomer ... restrictions placed on society aren't to punish the many, but to protect the many .... you don't have speed limits to punish drivers - they exist to prevent mass carnage.
    People don't need protection from Facebook Live, since you can choose NOT to watch it and you will have no negative side effects thus not letting the majority use it because of a minority that can be easily avoided is non-sensical, whereas if you choose to NOT follow Speed Limits you will have negative consequences that can harm the majority.

So your point is invalid.

"Well, I wasn't going to torture and murder this person, but then I found out that I could stream it live, so why not?"

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People don't need protection from Facebook Live,
    Well, recent events proves you wrong.

Matter of fact, people need protection from Facebook as a whole - but lets start small.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You think that the issue is Facebook Live? You think that those aren't the kinds of people who would do something terrible regardless?

I kind of like the idea of criminals being stupid enough to live stream their crimes. If facebook live didn't exist they would be much harder to catch and convict.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.