1. #1

    GPU upgrade question

    in the process of planning a future build and being that WoW is the main game i play, is there any need to get a 1080 TI over a 1080? Price difference seems to be 200-300, and yeah i'll play OW some and likely finally play the newest DOOM. Just not sure how much of a boost I'd see to justify the extra monies.

    CPU will be an i7 16gb of DD4, new SSd etc.. all standard stuff just not sure on the GPU front if its worth it.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  2. #2
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    in the process of planning a future build and being that WoW is the main game i play, is there any need to get a 1080 TI over a 1080? Price difference seems to be 200-300, and yeah i'll play OW some and likely finally play the newest DOOM. Just not sure how much of a boost I'd see to justify the extra monies.

    CPU will be an i7 16gb of DD4, new SSd etc.. all standard stuff just not sure on the GPU front if its worth it.
    Depends on your resolution and monitor fps.
    If you run at 4k or 1440p@144Hz you might be able to "see" the difference between the two, otherwise both cards will push your monitor to its limits.

    http://www.techspot.com/review/1352-...-ti/page5.html

    This is for Doom and Overwatch. In WoW you are pretty much CPU limited anyway.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Depends on your resolution and monitor fps.
    If you run at 4k or 1440p@144Hz you might be able to "see" the difference between the two, otherwise both cards will push your monitor to its limits.

    http://www.techspot.com/review/1352-...-ti/page5.html

    This is for Doom and Overwatch. In WoW you are pretty much CPU limited anyway.
    thanks! right now a monitor upgrade is at least 6 months off and i'm running 1080p screens. From your link and other it just doesn't seem its worth it currently to jump to the TI, for the games i play.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    thanks! right now a monitor upgrade is at least 6 months off and i'm running 1080p screens. From your link and other it just doesn't seem its worth it currently to jump to the TI, for the games i play.
    Then really you don't even need a 1080, a 1060 would likely do fine, but a 1070 will last you a bit longer and be acceptable for 1440p if that's what you get in 6 months. I would get a 1070 in your position and put the savings towards a 1440p monitor in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •