Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

[8.0] Battle of Azeroth Arms discussion thread

With Battle of Azeroth announced, let's keep all the relevant information regarding Arms Warriors in this thread!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Not sure how to feel about the return of raid buffs (battle shout and stuff). I don't think I like it.

Deleted
    With raid buffs coming back
    What did they change with arms kit on the demo

Keep in mind that the build they showed at Blizzcon is essentially pre-alpha. There are tons of things that will change, so I wouldn't get upset over something that was seen in that build already.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJim View Post
    Keep in mind that the build they showed at Blizzcon is essentially pre-alpha. There are tons of things that will change, so I wouldn't get upset over something that was seen in that build already.
    i disagree. A simple presentation might tell a lot about what they have in mind fundamentally. And what they thing is right will always equals to what we get in the end as we have seen countless times in countless betas of Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    i disagree. A simple presentation might tell a lot about what they have in mind fundamentally. And what they thing is right will always equals to what we get in the end as we have seen countless times in countless betas of Blizz.
    It's also a possibility that they're waiting to do any big class changes for later. I wouldn't expect to see a huge rework for Arms but I would definitely expect at least some mechanical changes for the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I hope they shift the spec away from relying too much on cs uptime and tactitian procs in general.

Deleted
    I hope for some animation tweaking.

It has jack all to do with gameplay, no doubt. And it's the most minor thing in the world.
    Still all these mounting strikes make me feel like a baton juggler, and not a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I hope they shift the spec away from relying too much on cs uptime and tactitian procs in general.
    As long as the spec doesn't become boring because of it. Without tactician procs the spec is even more boring.

At the very least, baseline tactician proc rate should be at a more fun spot. As of now, I need at least 2 extra tactician ranks to feel like it doesn't suck.

I've been always fury(in PvE, Arms always in PvP) since tbc to 7.3 but i decieded to swap arms because i didn't liked fury for antorus and i'm in love with arms playstyle since i always loved it in pvp but never in pve.

I hope they don't bring back FR build as the best one or i'll cry a lot since i don't wanna go back fury again.

A two-stack CS would be better, maybe even with two charges on CS as well... could have a baseline affect at 1 stack (current but nerfed mastery?) on a target that's balanced around 100% uptime (and easy to maintain), then 2nd stack could do something different that like attacks cause bleed damage a la Trauma but hard(er) to keep up 100%, could also scale with mastery.

I agree that tactician is what keeps arms from being completely mind-numbingly boring, though I'm not saying it's particularly exciting atm, so I'd like to keep it in some form... though, I've always thought that the proc chance could have a mastery% multiplier on it somewhere along the lines.

Deleted
    To be quite frank, at this point CSmash is a crutch more than anything. I sometimes wonder if the spec wouldn't be miles better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    To be quite frank, at this point CSmash is a crutch more than anything. I sometimes wonder if the spec wouldn't be miles better without it.
    I actually wholeheartedly agree with this, to be honest. Even though armor pen was kind of broken, CS feels like a much worse version of armor pen that just make the arms spec feel super gimicky, because we do literally 85% less damage without it up. Hopefully they can develop some way in the near future to either gut it and maybe bring armor pen back or do something about CS.

Maybe make it like it was in Cata where it decreased their armor:

"Smashes a target for 150% weapon damage plus 120 and weakens their defenses, allowing your attacks to entirely bypass 100% of their armor for 6sec. Bypasses less armor on players. Your Colossus Smash also applies the Sunder Armor effect to your target."

In my opinion, this was an amazing iteration of CS, because we still did damage outside of the debuff, but CS just made it that much better.

Deleted
    The damage outside of CS was pitiful tho, and we still were heavily dependant on procs. Without mentioning the fact that in PvP the silly balancing of CSmash made it so the expansion was the worst one in terms of class rep, with Rogues covering every spot we usually took.

Throughout Legion I tried a number of other specs and classes. And the only one that's completely worthless without a debuff on its target is Arms.
    If the debuff gets dodged or somehow avoided, then better luck in 20 seconds or so.

And that, to me, is not a slow tactical hitter. Because the damage even with Colossus is simply not enough to go on par.
    And until Colossus exists, that's the only possible result as it would be too broken otherwise, with conspicuous damage outside of Colossus.

EDIT:
    As it stands I deeply love the Execute rotation and the interaction that Colossus brings with Mortal. But it's the fact that the damage amounts to nothing without the debuff applied that irks me to no end.

While I don't think they should outright remove CS, they have definitely tied too many mechanics into one spell with no reliable way of activating those mechanics outside of a 1 minute cooldown artifact ability. Off the top of my head, nearly doubling your damage via Mastery scaling, filling GCDs with a free (a big deal for a resource starved spec) skill, and Shattered Defenses/Precise Strikes/Focus in Battle artifact traits. I think the combo-ish nature of Tactician (activating both CS and MS, and MS/Execute getting a bonus after using CS) is really fun, and when you pop off with a chain of procs it feels incredible, but the lows are really terrible.

Arms could use a "safety valve" of some sort, similar to what Furious Slash and Rampage do for Fury. Though unintuitive, in the beta people suggested an Anger Management style mechanic that would reduce the cooldown on CS when you spend rage would be good (so Tactician could outright proc, and if it didn't then you would gradually reduce the cooldown). also I think a redesign of the Arms mastery would be appropriate. I only played Enhancement Shaman early this expansion (so I can't comment on current issues with the mechanic), but I think something similar to their Mastery would be fitting, since they operate behind similar design principles. Mastery would increase the proc chance of Tactician along with another bonus; perhaps bake Shattered Defenses/Precise Strikes into the Mastery and make it scaling.

Other than that, I think Arms desperately needs some sort of active resource generation or the return of resource cost reduction similar to the old Precise Strikes (which I thought was really clever), and needs at least one other baseline attack. To me, Overpower is the obvious choice, and they could easily tie it into Tactician somehow. Perhaps instead of refreshing CS/MS, it could refresh CS and activate some Overpower charges, or every x number of abilities activates Overpower, etc.
    Last edited by volgon; 2018-01-02 at 01:55 AM.

Overpower....baseline...like it's been from Vanilla to freaking Mist of Pandaria FFS! STOP TAKING AWAY NICE THINGS!

I wish that the stoped makeing haste such a big thing for warriors, same with mastery, I liked it better in Cata when the mnastery was OS.
    And is there someone els that don't like how recklessnes works nowdays, it's not fun with that shor cd and makes us so Reliant on it. and it makes crit so bad for us as a stat.
    Other than that I want charge stun and throwdown back, we should not have a ranged stun!

I would like t20 set bonuses to be made baseline. The t20 TM/Rend build was one of my favorites in a long time.

Deleted
    For the love of god and all that is unholy, lower the crit % on Battle Cry, and adjust its damage impact accordingly. Screw having the only dps cooldown in the game that's a static dps increase that loses value with any additional of the same stat, effectively making crit an unwanted stat at all times, even though Warriors of yore have always valued crit fairly high. Especially with their ''higher ilvl should be equip'' mentality.
    This is as much a gripe with Arms as it is with Fury for me, and to a lesser extent Prot.

Also screw having the only rotational ability that makes you do nearly as much damage as a freshly dinged 110 in the event you get a little bit of bad luck. Even when the RNG lootfiesta of Legion didn't make me quit the game, a massive void of CS resets has made me want to throw my PC out of the window.

Edit: Legion, and Legion Arms has made me an angry person. Help.
    Last edited by mmoc3736aa5351; 2018-01-13 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravignon View Post
    For the love of god and all that is unholy, lower the crit % on Battle Cry, and adjust its damage impact accordingly. Screw having the only dps cooldown in the game that's a static dps increase that loses value with any additional of the same stat, effectively making crit an unwanted stat at all times, even though Warriors of yore have always valued crit fairly high. Especially with their ''higher ilvl should be equip'' mentality.
    This is as much a gripe with Arms as it is with Fury for me, and to a lesser extent Prot.

Also screw having the only rotational ability that makes you do nearly as much damage as a freshly dinged 110 in the event you get a little bit of bad luck. Even when the RNG lootfiesta of Legion didn't make me quit the game, a massive void of CS resets has made me want to throw my PC out of the window.

Edit: Legion, and Legion Arms has made me an angry person. Help.
    I 100% agree on this