Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Illidan Butcher etc. rely heavily on your team comp. Just like Stitches and Malf. I think it's great that there are heroes like Illidan that can be exploited due to team coordination.

Illidan is on very thin line between overpowered and underpowered.

Eh.. .i have been doing alright on him lately but i really do feel that there are a few characters that are just replacing him.
    Butcher is ridiculous atm, he practically has a mini version of the hunt on a basic ability and has much higher auto damage, genji has much better backrow access, tracer is more mobile and ranged to boot...

I dont really think he needs a buff, i think those other characters should get nerfs instead (having some of the things illidan offers puled away from them) or rebalanced, overall i think he is pretty well designed.

I feel like he should have a talent option that makes blinds only reduce his damage output rather than making him miss, i also think that meta should have some baseline health increase beyond just what the on hit gives so that he can have the option for a more bulky build when facing mage heavy teams. I wouldnt mind talent options that boost his ability damage, maybe a talent that reduces the damage bonus from sweeping strikes but causes sweeping strikes to do more damage or something

also i think mages need to be toned down a little, there seems to be so much going against auto attackers atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    -snip-

also i think mages need to be toned down a little, there seems to be so much going against auto attackers atm.
    The main problem with mages vs auto attackers is that auto attackers have a specific type of CC made to fuck them over (blind.) meanwhile the supposed CC targeted at casters, silence, fucks everyone equally since all characters rely on their abilities. I honestly don't know what to do about this either.

Not sure, i was going to suggest toning down their spell damage and maybe buffing their auto attacks so that they had to weave in AAs for full damage, but those design extremes that hots has really makes the game fresh. perhaps mages could auto more like casters in wow, slow but harder hitting casts with a little more damage siphoned in from their abilities?

Id like atleast a talent that gives illidan free evasion whenever he is blinded, i feel like that would be fair as he is so reliant on his autos but blind should still be a counter to him.

Back to illidan though, he is a hard hero to master, you need to learn when and when not to strike, as the difference between those is horrendous, he probably has the harshest punishment for misplaying, well maybe butcher has it harder but illi just vanishes if misplayed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    The main problem with mages vs auto attackers is that auto attackers have a specific type of CC made to fuck them over (blind.) meanwhile the supposed CC targeted at casters, silence, fucks everyone equally since all characters rely on their abilities. I honestly don't know what to do about this either.
    The issue isn't Blind vs Silence, it's that mages in HotS are almost entirely (a) bursty and (b) heavily disposed towards AoE. They're generally much better at deleting people... or whole teams... faster than AA assassins
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)