Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finally got my Valarjar Dragon after 33 attempts. I still need farondis, dreamweavers and nightfallen but the only one I wanted was this one so I'm done farming dailies

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The only mount I want is the Valarjar one. 11 crates, no luck. I got the Nightfallen carpet from my first cache but won't be caught dead riding it.

This system is so stupid. What was wrong with getting rep mounts at Exalted? Make them drop from the first Paragon cache if baseline Exalted is not enough.
    Because they want you to keep playing. If you don't need the gear, or resources, or care about AP, they still want there to be something worthwhile for you to do from doing world quests.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Got all the new stuff from the Paragon chests, except the Moose from HM and the pet from BS.

All in all, somwhere around 50 boxes opened, across 9 toons.

Atleast half of them opened on my main, via the rep tokens from order hall missions, in the hope that a legendary would drop.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Been opening them as often as possible since the patch came out and I haven't even got a toy/pet never mind a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because they want you to keep playing. If you don't need the gear, or resources, or care about AP, they still want there to be something worthwhile for you to do from doing world quests.
    I'd rather get my dragon then be done with all that bullshit on my main, save these WQs for my alts. Plus I still need WQs for resources anyway since I don't stockpile them and I use em to buy seals. The RNG treadmill just adds frustration to it all.

I really hate this system as its not fun due to the rng. I would much prefer if they allowed us to buy the mounts with curious coins due to bad luck. I have opened the high mountain paragon caches almost 30 times and still no mount!!! Why am I wasting my time? I am now doing it on 3 alts (almost 5 alts) because I really want this mount. This system is very stupid and its draining all the fun out of the game for me. I feel there should be a bad luck protection thing added to these paragon caches so you know you will eventually get them.

Deleted
    I got the retarded unicorn from... Valsharah? in my first box... Didn't even like the whole concept about paragon levels but decided it's free so why not take it. Dislike the unicorn mount...

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is what most people, many in this thread, don't realize about the caches.

They're meant to be icing, you're not supposed to grind them out.

Of course, you can. You can do every single wq in a given zone, you can use every rep token for that specific reason...

But they're meant to be extra prizes as you farm your AP, OR, gold, and honor.

I haven't gotten a single mount or toy, but that doesn't bother me, because I'm still having fun playing the game. The caches are fun little surprises that I never really expect.

You make something a chore and no wonder you're getting burnt out and angry at the game.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm taking them slow but yeah no mounts yet. Disappointing but eh... would be nice if they just added them to the vendors at exalted for some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

Of course, you can. You can do every single wq in a given zone, you can use every rep token for that specific reason...

I haven't gotten a single mount or toy, but that doesn't bother me, because I'm still having fun playing the game. The caches are fun little surprises that I never really expect.

You make something a chore and no wonder you're getting burnt out and angry at the game.
    I completely disagree. Getting to exalted was always exciting because there were 1-3 mounts which were new, cool or unique and that made farming dailies and less tedious. The moment they put some unique mount like the valarjar/dreamweavers/NF or the toy they are doing it to hook you up and keep you trying. I'm totally fine with keeping Paragon reputation around but it should reward like a lot of consumables (runes, gold, etc.). And if they want to put a mount then it should be a recolor of an existing mount imo and not something unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

for the general population maybe, but for collectors and achieve farmers no. There is no reason to not put bad luck protection on these mounts / toys. I JUST got my invite for the fox mount this week. IMO all mounts/legendaries from old XPACs need BLP as well god i'm so tired of ICC for invincible. Hell in a perfect world justice badges would be a thing and could farm them to buy old raid gear / mounts to buy if RNG screws you.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I am glad so too, it keeps the rep relevant for ages and you get other stuff like gold on the way too.
    If you would get mounts fast, then this system would end rather fast and now apply it everywhere, you wouldn't login because you would have all the mounts except the extreme cases like gladiator and such.
    If this system is keeping you logging in, you must have a horrible sense of 'fun'.

I'm not saying the system is bad (far from it), just it's sure as hell not keeping me logged in
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    update: maybe 20 of each opened except legionfall, maybe 6 of those and i've gotten the pet from legionfall, 2x stormwings and got the unicorn a day or two ago. Dislike the farm but atleast it keeps me interested in the game

45 NF, 56 Valarjar and nada.
    If Kirin Tor pops up in the next week though I can get another 4 Valarjar caches but I'm not getting my hopes up :')
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    How does this work exactly, are you supposed to work a second time from friendly-exalted for these loot crates? That seems ridiculous.
    After exalted, you need to gain another 10k rep for each cache. On average, it should take about a week per rep if you do every world quest.

~90 boxes, 3 dreamweaver mounts, 2 warden toys ... zzzz

I think I opened about 20 boxes total (I only do quests on one toon) and haven't gotten anything useful so far - except for those coins they seem to drop two at once sometimes so I suppose that's nice (working toward the arcadian turtle)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    around 22-25 of each opened (around 10 legionfall) and I've gotten 2x Orphaned felbats, 2x Valarjar Stormwings and 1x Wild Dreamrunner

10 chest, 1 mount 1 pet

The one with the mount also gave the hunter BIS legendary, so double win

Val'sharah blessed me with a Thisleleaf Adventurer (obviously not the Paragon box, but its as rare)