10+ Year Old Account

PSA: 3 Free Un'goro Packs for hitting 70 million players

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...ayers-5-1-2017

70 million players?

Sweet baby Jesus!

All credits for this finding goes to the great @Jester Joe
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2017-05-01 at 06:43 PM.

1 got 3 free account so just wondering how many ppl got more than 1

got these from 3 packs
    4 rare
    1 epic
    1 legendary (rogue quest)
    Last edited by vipers; 2017-05-01 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    I myself only got one.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    I don't think it's extremely common for the average player to have 3 honestly, and even if each player did have 3, that's still around 23 million players.

I would be surprised if even 5 million of those accounts were secondary accounts, considering how Hearthstone works with the collection, there's no real benefit to having a secondary account except for a self imposed limitation on the collection (or I guess if you enjoy inflicting pain upon yourself).

I mean, I made an EU account just because it sounded interesting at first, but quickly dropped that. Not sure if it counts since it's still only one battle.net account overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't think it's extremely common for the average player to have 3 honestly, and even if each player did have 3, that's still around 23 million players.

I would be surprised if even 5 million of those accounts were secondary accounts, considering how Hearthstone works with the collection, there's no real benefit to having a secondary account except for a self imposed limitation on the collection (or I guess if you enjoy inflicting pain upon yourself).

I mean, I made an EU account just because it sounded interesting at first, but quickly dropped that. Not sure if it counts since it's still only one battle.net account overall.
    i din't say i play them all but there still is more than 1 and all those is counted

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Where are you getting 7.67M active from?
    Where are you getting me talking about active players from?

Nothing about active is taken into account with this 70 million as far as I know, and I'm talking about every player who's even touched the game.

Hence, why I would be surprised if even 5 million came from a player starting up another account.

Considering botting and the like I wouldn't be surprised if a great many more than 5M were other accounts. I suppose I misunderstood on the first part. When I talk about players I mean people who are actually playing the game now. 23M players for a free game isn't a lot.
    Is botting even still a thing?
    Honest question, during all my hearthstone experience, I think I've come across like, 2-5 bots probably.

3 rares.
    2 epics.
    1 golden priest quest.

Not to shabby for three free packs. Too bad I don't play priest.
    and then he cupped my balls...

I got like 3 blue cards.

Thanks for the heads up.

Botting is less of a thing, but it still happens. The point is that for a while it was a big thing meaning many accounts were bot accounts.
    I'm still a bit hesitant to say that would even add up to a million honestly.
    Only blizzard knows of course though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I got like 3 blue cards.
    Hah, I got 4 blue cards.
    Take that.

Hah, I got 4 blue cards.
    Take that.
    Golden common. #getsome

Thats a sweet gift, to bad that I mostly got garbage though. I did get my first Shadow Visions atleast.

Oh, I was thinking that those were from the university collegiate tourney lol. Though I guess those packs are going to be MSoG, not Un'Goro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Golden common. #getsome
    5 blue, 1 golden!

*Mic drop*

I got the Druid quest, I did say to myself after next Legendary no more packs and start saving for next expansion so time to hoard gold!

First 3 packs for the release of mammoth year, I got the legendary mage quest card. This set of 3 packs I got Pyros the mage legendary. I think the game wants me to play a mage... I just need to buy khadgar because I ain't playing as a dreadlord...
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account

I would be surprised if even 5 million of those accounts were secondary accounts, considering how Hearthstone works with the collection, there's no real benefit to having a secondary account
    I made 5 dummy accounts for the Morgl promotion because I have no friends remotely interested in Hearthstone so it was the only way to get it. Played them for over a month and made 5 more hoping to funnel gold from Friend quests to my main. Doesn't work in the long run because accounts don't generate Friend quests unless they're somewhat active but at the time I used them to play arena freely for practice which is another benefit of a secondary account.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you getting 7.67M active from?
    Apparently 0.25% (a 400ᵗʰ) of players reached legend last month. Multiply the number who reached legend from each region by 400, add up all the regions and you have your active number.

Let's guess there were 15,000 legend players from each region, that yields a total active player base of: 15,000 * 400 * 3 = 18 million players.

Of course 0.25% isn't going to be exact so there's a massive margin for error.

15,000 legend players seems way high. I'd have guessed 6000 max.

The only thing we can do is have someone reach legend, and then concede all their games on the last day of the season so we know what the lowest rank is.

10+ Year Old Account
    And, of course, you are guessing at total legendary players... don't make an ass of me as I won't assume anything with you.
    Someone answers your question, "Where are you getting 7.67M active from?" with an informative post and they're making an ass of you? I don't even know who you are, I would answer my grandmother the same way, get rid of your complex sir.

I used 15,000 as an example so I could show you the calculation that's why I said guess. I have no idea exactly how many reached legend from each region but if you want to do the research you can plug in the numbers. Actually if you use the 6000 Blueobelisk reckons and allow for a margin of error then 7.67M seems reasonable.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-05-02 at 03:39 PM.