The problem with Temple of Kotmogu.

I am the beast hunter, and I have a problem with the Temple of Kotmogu. Every time when I take the orb and run it in the middle of it, my pets follow me down the stairs, and I have to wait for them according to my normal spell rotation.
    Blizzard is expected to improve the error..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I am the beast hunter, and I have a problem with the Temple of Kotmogu. Every time when I take the orb and run it in the middle of it, my pets follow me down the stairs, and I have to wait for them according to my normal spell rotation.
    Blizzard is expected to improve the error..
    It's unlikely that they'll ever fix that. I'd love for pets to have a "Jump" skill that they can use every X seconds (to avoid possible exploits), in which they jump towards you to catch you faster if the normal path is too long.

One thing you can do to help with this is to always jump to the center from the sides, closer to the stairs. You may sacrifice a few score points doing that, but at least the pets will reach the atrium faster.

Deleted
    Yeah it's disgusting, I have the same problem on my lock. Pet is always in Ughanda.

at the same time it's great for when you need to escape a bm hunter.

the problem i find with kotmogu is it's honestly over within the first 60 seconds, i've played 1000 of bgs and there is literally NEVER a comeback it's always a one sided like 1500-400 or the other way around, maybe its just me but i never see a close game just domination by one side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    at the same time it's great for when you need to escape a bm hunter.
    Well, this

It adds a "mechanic" that works in almost every BG.

Kotmogu is a great BG. When you play a class/spec that depends on your pets to do the majority of your damage, most of the skill comes from positioning of your pet(s). Wouldn't be much fun for other classes if your pets had 100% uptime on players. Keybind petattack and target someone in the middle before you go down. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the problem i find with kotmogu is it's honestly over within the first 60 seconds, i've played 1000 of bgs and there is literally NEVER a comeback it's always a one sided like 1500-400 or the other way around, maybe its just me but i never see a close game just domination by one side.
    Mostly because the losing side is too impatient and disorganized to coordinate a comeback effectively.

I'd say the biggest issue with this BG is that people don't play the objectives. I find in others you can get away with not always focusing on what's needed, but here it really hurts. And if you look at the map when you're dead (as I am often), you see your team mates fighting at the orb that's ready to be taken, but never take it. Frustrating, especially when you're behind.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah it's disgusting, I have the same problem on my lock. Pet is always in Ughanda.
    Haha, so true. I will have a fel hunter gnawing on my leg, the whole while me looking for the lock who it belongs to....nowhere to be seen. Will look at my map and see the lock is already about 18 miles away from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet pathing AI has long been a thorn in hunters', warlocks', and DKs' hides. I remember when Gnomer groups with a pugged hunter or warlock would ask said hunters and warlocks to dismiss pets for big swaths of the dungeon because one misstep could send your pet running down a different path, aggroing 2-10 extra groups of mobs depending on how quickly the hunter or warlock realized their error and told the pet to heel, back when tanks and healers couldn't handle the extra mobs when running the dungeon at-level since there weren't the numerous low-level player power buffs that came with later expansions.

I just don't think it's something Blizzard can fix 100% with WoW's engine. They've certainly improved it over the years, but some things are just beyond saving. And as others mentioned, it serves as a meaningful PvP mechanic for other classes to temporarily shut down most of a BM hunter and Demo lock's offense if they can force the pet to path through terrain, so Blizz might not want to fix it so pets jump down off ledges with you even assuming it were possible.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!